Imperial Assassin

sunday! HALLAUGH! im going to be there! by the way how do you get to all these events do you have a mate in the milatary who flies you in? (now that would be impressive, havving your favorite author parachuting into book signings!)

Hmmm, a cool idea, although a bit fraught with danger and expensive. Would you want an author to rely on flashy advertising or skilled writing to sell their books? :p

anyway, everyone knows piloting a harrier through the roof would be the best entrance.

charles said:
sunday! HALLAUGH! im going to be there! by the way how do you get to all these events do you have a mate in the milatary who flies you in? (now that would be impressive, havving your favorite author parachuting into book signings!)

You have no idea how many time this sort of thing has been suggested! The frightening thing is that some of the people suggesting were only half joking! :eek:

Just noticed that Imperial Assassin is sitting at No. 8 in the top ten of the Children's pre-order list on the Waterstones website. I'd say that bodes pretty well for the launch.

I don't know how long this link will be valid for, but here it is anyway: http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/navigate.do?ctx=10029

Of course if you'd like to push me up the chart further, do feel free! :D

To see the pre-orders list you need to click on the button about half way down the page on the left hand side.

Very nice to see you top in the pre-orders list. Maybe a good idea to set up a proper press release when IA launches if S&S don't, then try and get some local media - newspaper, radio, even TV - involved. :)

Mark Robson said:
Just noticed that Imperial Assassin is sitting at No. 8 in the top ten of the Children's pre-order list on the Waterstones website. I'd say that bodes pretty well for the launch.

Great news, Mark! The march to world domination continues!

Just edited to put the quote in a box, Ian. You need the [/quote] at the end to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian Whates said:
Great news, Mark! The march to world domination continues!

It never stops, Ian. Sometimes I get on the escalator that takes me up ... and sometimes I get on the wrong one and find myself struggling to climb the down escalator, but it never stops me from marching. :)

I said:
Very nice to see you top in the pre-orders list. Maybe a good idea to set up a proper press release when IA launches if S&S don't, then try and get some local media - newspaper, radio, even TV - involved. :)

Sorry, Brian - missed this on the last post. Absolutely right. I'll ensure there is a press release. The local press will almost certainly pick up on it. I did an interview on BBC Radio Northampton last week on a different subject (radical career changes) and there was a lot of interest there on doing a further interview around the time of the launch. I'm certainly going to try to get TV in on it this time as well.

Got my copies of Imperial Assassin in today - Hurrah! It looks very shiny and bright. The artwork looks even better than it did in the images I'd seen. The spider also looks far better with the holofill silver finish. If I hadn't written this, I think I'd have ended up with a copy on my shelf just for the cover alone. It looks fantastic. I'm so pleased with what S & S have done with it. :)

No doubt Amazon will start sending it out soon. It's being heavily discounted there, so if you're looking for a copy you could do worse:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1416901868/qid=1139567097/026-9610925-9430066

Glad the book's come through looking so good Mark -- the cover is impressive enough on your website. so I can't wait to see it in the flesh... or rather, in the paper, I suppose. :)

I'll keep an eye open for your name in the best sellers list!

Ian Whates said:
Glad the book's come through looking so good Mark -- the cover is impressive enough on your website. so I can't wait to see it in the flesh... or rather, in the paper, I suppose. :)

I'll keep an eye open for your name in the best sellers list!

You can bet I'm going to try my heart out to get it there, Ian. I'm not sure how many copies I'm going to have to sell that opening week to get it in, but I'll not be wasting a second on anything other than promotion during the week of the launch. I just hope it will be enough. It would be nice to see it in the list.

Mark,
Which sales count towards getting in the bestseller list? If we advance order it through Amazon, for example, I presume that doesn't count - or does it? In other words, how can we help you to achieve international stardom? :)

Just found this forum, it's really good to find other people that like Mark Robson's books.

Imperial Assassin: What a great book. I bought it on Saturday in Northampton in Warterstones where I met Mark Robson and got the book signed.

I'm a bit of a fast reader, I just can't help it, so I've finished the book already. It's fantastic. I'm really eager for the next one.

I've read the First series of books and have found this new series just as great.

I read that the next one comes out in May? Write faster Mr Robson I'm too impatient! :D

Keep up the good work Mark.

Anna :)

Welcome to the forums! hopefully you'll find much happy timewasting here :)

Awww I don't have Imperial Assassin yet, I did see one of my friends with it but he managed to escape down an alleyway. If Mark's trend continues it will be even better than the previous books :D

I think Mark said something like "If I'm not careful I'll find myself writing a book thats already been released" or something :p

I like smiley faces as puctuation.