Imperial Assassin

Mark Robson

Dragon Writer
The first draft will be complete tomorrow. I can say this with all confidence, as there is so little left to write that I cannot imagine me not finishing it. I have, however, had quite enough of it for today, so I shall leave it until the morning to type the final "stunning" words! I've already identified some areas that will need a bit of re-drafting, but nothing major so far - just tweaks to a few pieces of dialogue to change the empasis a little. I'm just praying now that S & S like the story they've commissioned!

It's finished - hurrah! Anyone willing to be a story proof reader? Edit: Actually, this is going to have to be a limited offer as reading this book without reading Imperial Spy would be meaningless! I think that narrows the cast to about 1, Dwndrgn!

Congrats Mark:D I'm not voluenteering to read it for you, for the obvious reason you mention, but congrats nonetheless:D:D At least you didn't get stuck on the last page for a week;)

Balinor said:
I'll volunteer to read it !:D

I would happily let you read it, Balinor, but you would need to read Imperial Spy first for it to make sense. Dwndrgn did the official review for Chronicles on Imperial Spy - Simon & Schuster sent her a review copy for this purpose. The only other person here who has read it is Kelpie, though she read an earlier draft and I know she is busy with manuscripts of her own right now.

It's not long until Imperial Spy hits the streets. Once you've read it, if you drop me a line then I'll send you the manuscript of Imperial Assassin in whatever state it's in. Any constructive criticism you might have at that stage would be useful. It will have more than likely been polished up considerably by then.

charles said:
hey i voulnter to read any of your books, i cant wait till they come out

Charles, you will be welcome to read Imperial Assassin once you've read Imperial Spy. I'm now taking pre-orders for Imperial Spy and should be able to start sending copies out next week. If you download the form from my website and send it through to me with a cheque, I'll have a signed copy in the post to you very soon.

charles said:
do you take visa cos that would be so much easer?

Sadly, no. It just isn't worth it for me to do so. The charges they levy are so high that I'd take a loss on each single book sold. You can always wait for it to come out in the shops, but I'm taking delivery of 400 copies tomorrow, so I'll begin mailing them out to the pre-order customers immediately.

Mark please could you give me more information on how to get an "early copy" as i literally can't wait for imperial spy

Cosmo said:
Mark please could you give me more information on how to get an "early copy" as i literally can't wait for imperial spy

Cosmo,

Great to hear you can't wait. Amazon.co.uk are now sending out copies. If you order through them, they are pretty quick at getting them to you. I look forward to hearing what you think of it. Do post something here, or start a discussion thread in the Young Adult section - that would be great. Nice to see you on the forum. Welcome. I'm sure if you introduce yourself, you will find the rest of the natives are friendly. :)

Edit: Alternatively, you could download the form from the Sword Publishing website if you wanted a signed copy. It is pretty self explanatory.

Last edited:
I said:
Amazon say my order is dispatched - I guess that means Imperial Spy is now released to the general public?

Yes, Brian. I ordered a copy to see when they would begin sending it out. Mine arrived last Friday. The promotional tour begins tomorrow, so I'm guessing that S & S have now let it go on general release. It's a bit before the advertised release date, but only by a week, or so. I'll drop you an email at the end of the week to discuss how we can draw more of my readers here.

Indeed - I was expecting to see an announcement of its release first. :)

And, sure, feel free to tell me when you're ready and I'll send out another e-mail. :)

when will imperial assasin be avaliable????
not when is it possible to be ordered but when will i be able to get my hands on a copy????