DISCUSSION THREAD -- NOVEMBER 2022 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

@Ursa major .... Boxing Day, 932 .... A story which reminds us that sometimes the third degree isn't as enlightening as you might imagine.

@Daysman .... and the band plays on .... A story which explores the truth of the title.

@Heijan Xavier .... The Ninth Test .... A story which tells an old story from a new and interesting angle.

@Vince W .... A Letter To The Queen .... A story which reminds us that sometimes there's a price to be paid, and sometimes that price seems very unfair.

@M. Robert Gibson .... Meanwhile, over at the Temporal Criminal Police Organization .... A story which is an interesting take on time machines and police procedures.

I'm having real problems this month: posting my entry (relatively) early, I'm finding myself being surprised when new entries are arriving days after I'd posted, not to mention wondering if I've remembered to set the poll (the one I haven't yet created) to close automatically.

*wonders if this post should be in the Those moments when you realise how old you are thread...*

@Ursa major .... Unexpected ubiquitous inquisition .... Tells a story of the Inquisition writ large.

I think that last one should be for chrispenycate, Parson!

Anyhow, I'm in. I spent ages trying to get a story out of the Angel of Mons, before giving up as it wouldn't come together properly. (And after realising that it probably wasn't a universally understood myth from WWI, so rendering it even less comprehensible!)

With this new story I played around with odd lines and scribbled them on a bit of paper last night when I couldn't get to the laptop, then this morning typed it up without looking at the notes and weirdly that first draft came to exactly 75 words, which has never happened before! So I took it as an omen!

@Ursa major .... Unexpected ubiquitous inquisition .... Tells a story of the Inquisition writ large.
I don't think anyone could have been expecting the Spanish Inquisition any less than I was...

...although I could do with a comfy chair: the gas lift on my desk chair has failed (meaning that it's far too low) and the best replacement (using a very dubious definition of "best") I have at the moment is a barstool set at its lowest height.

...although I could do with a comfy chair: the gas lift on my desk chair has failed (meaning that it's far too low) and the best replacement (using a very dubious definition of "best") I have at the moment is a barstool set at its lowest height.
Perfer et obdura, dolor hic tibi proderit olim...

Back