Discussion Thread November 2019 75 Word Writing Challenge.

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
A completely new genre and theme. Not sure how I put them together but should be interesting.

MoominAhoy

writing hobbyist
I may actually have an idea for this, however it is in danger of being a little cliche.

dannymcg

S.S.D.D.
I like this!
I was thinking of a scenario similar to this a few weeks ago for another challenge, it didn't pan out but I might revive the bare bones of it.

83 words, almost there

Last edited:

Margaret Note Spelling

Try to get as far from the explosion as possible.
A telling choice given we're 'celebrating' the 100th birthday of GCHQ...

Excellent...
I'm really sorry--what's GCHQ? There was nothing referential in the choice, I promise! I'll try a guess.... Giant Compilation of Horrible Quips? General Cinematographic Headquarters? (I could do this all day. My sister and I saw a label "BHT included" on a package of pepperoni and within several seconds translated it as Bio-Hazardous Trash.)

Anyway--I'm glad you all like my choices! I really look forward to seeing just what you guys do with it. I think that might possibly be the best part of winning these challenges, is getting to issue the next one and watch what everybody's diverse imaginations come up with. Am I right? :p

(For the record, I don't even know what I'm going to do yet.)

mosaix

Shropshire, U.K.
Supporter
I'm really sorry--what's GCHQ? There was nothing referential in the choice, I promise! I'll try a guess.... Giant Compilation of Horrible Quips? General Cinematographic Headquarters? (I could do this all day. My sister and I saw a label "BHT included" on a package of pepperoni and within several seconds translated it as Bio-Hazardous Trash.)

Anyway--I'm glad you all like my choices! I really look forward to seeing just what you guys do with it. I think that might possibly be the best part of winning these challenges, is getting to issue the next one and watch what everybody's diverse imaginations come up with. Am I right? :p

(For the record, I don't even know what I'm going to do yet.)
‘Government Communications Headquarters’.

Basically, it’s the home of British spying. A bit like the Pentagon.

Calliopenjo

I got the theme and genre. Thank you.
I just no idea how I'm going to write it. lol. Maybe an idea will come to me.
Hopefully.

Cat's Cradle

Time, now, to read...
Supporter
Great start to the Challenge! Very nice story, reiver33 - so well written.
And I must say, Victoria Silverwolf, a remarkably cool solution/reveal to your tale, once I Googled. Very clever - a great story.
(I'm a little intimidated right now. ;))

olive

≧◔◡◔≦
I tried the simplest, straight thing I can think of. I'm a stranger to this genre. But it looks like a tricky one. It was fun. :)