Anonymous 108 Word Challenge Discussion

Actually I liked all of the stories. I thought that there were a lot of interesting twists on that phrase.

My vote went to Scrap Yard.

Since I am on the list, I thought I would join in with the guessing and voting.
My guesses
Desperate Times - Juelz4sure
Natural Law - Parson
Last Day - Jackinabox57
Diktat 23(b) - Cathbad
Sunward - Daysman
Someone to Watch Over Me - Victoria Silverwolf
Happy Hour - The Judge
Untitled - Ian Forty-Two
Basil's Objection - Peter V
Scrap Yard - Nixie
The Law Still Stands - JohnnyJet
A Creeper's Hope Rises - Dannymcg
It's All Just a Little Bit of History Repeating… - Alex The G and T
What's That Dang Thing? - M. Robert Gibson
A Legacy Assured - Fantfar
Red Herring 1 - Skyefly
Red Herring 2 - elvet

My vote goes to What’s That Dang Thing.

This guessing who wrote what business is even harder than trying to write an entry.

I may well have a stab at more but I'm going with these so far...

Desperate Times - Ian Forty-Two
Natural Law - Cathbad
Someone to Watch Over Me - Victoria Silverwolf
Last Day - Nixie

PV

Okay ..... I'm guessing it comes down to me to let everyone know the stuff.

First Congratulations to our winner: Scrap Yard by Peter V.

Now as to who wrote what:

Juelz4sure…………………. Desperate times

Elvet …………………………… Natural Law

Cathbad …………………………….. Last Day

Dannymcg ................................ Diktat 23(b)

Daysman ....................................
Sunward

Victoria Silverwolf....................
Someone to Watch Over Me

Jackwinabox 57 ........................... Happy Hour

Skyefly …. ...................................... Untitled

JohnnyJet ....................................... Basil's Objection

Peter V ........................................... Scrap Yard

Ian Fourty-two ............................. The Law Still Stands

M. Robert Gibson ...........................
It's all just a little bit of history repeating

Alex G&T ........................................ What's That Dang Thing
?

Farntfar ........................................... A legacy.assured

And perhaps embarrassingly...

Parson .......................................... A Creeper's Hope Rises

Thanks to the two Mods whose names I stole

@nixie and @The Judge

I note that they were associated with all kinds of good stories. But I do wonder how Nixie felt about being associated with my Creeper story.

Har, Parson. All the time I was amused by having my name attributed to stories written by others; it never occurred to me that the real authors might feel slandered.

The only firm guess that I thought I had turned out to be someone who hadn't participated.

Interesting how an author's voice can adapt to the particular challenge.

Thanks for the vote, elvet. I'm honored to be noticed in such a high calibre field.

And... thanks for hosting, Parson. Well done..

Congratulations Peter V, I thought the story was hilarious. On a side note I'm in complete shock by having one vote let alone three. Also I am extremely thrilled that Johnnie thought I wrote A Legacy Assured, it was a very good story, hopefully Farntfar doesn't take offense to the idea of me writing it. Last but not least great guess Elvet what gave it away?

Congrats to Peter V!
I am totally blown away not just by the 3 votes, but also by being mistaken for two members who are accomplished and talented writers.
Thank you to @farntfar , @Victoria Silverwolf , and @Peter V for liking my story.
This is the first Anon Challenge I have entered. I liked the added challenge of trying to guess who the story belongs to.
I managed to guess 4 correctly. I was very close to 5. I had both Dannymcg and Cathbad down for Diktat23(b), but picked Cathbad.
Congratulations Peter V, I thought the story was hilarious. On a side note I'm in complete shock by having one vote let alone three. Also I am extremely thrilled that Johnnie thought I wrote A Legacy Assured, it was a very good story, hopefully Farntfar doesn't take offense to the idea of me writing it. Last but not least great guess Elvet what gave it away?
I went back and read a few stories from each entrant on the list, looking for characteristics in writing style, composition, vocabulary, etc. It must be the diagnostician in me. It was also a fun exercise. I guess I got lucky a few times.

Now, about my effort and why it didn't work
I think I was too involved with the back-story and didn't get it across, and I was probably relying too much on everyone's knowledge of early 19th century British history :unsure:

Here's the back-story...
Nearly 800 years in the future mankind has lost the ability to reproduce and relies on artificially intelligent androids to manufacture replacement humans, also known as carbon-based machines.

However, the latest developments in carbon-based machines means that a method of self-reproduction has been found, meaning the manufacturing androids will no longer be needed.

Needless to say the androids, whose only purpose is to manufacture, aren't too happy as they will become obsolete, so they sabotage the carbon-based machines, despite such actions being in contravention of the law (Asimov's First Law).

In order to prevent more destruction the government brings in an emergency Act carrying with it the android equivalent of the death penalty - deactivation.

The android that first broke its programming was Limb-Unit / Design-Droid, known by its acronym LUDD. This de-programming spread to other manufacturing androids who collectively became known as the LUDDites

Hence, it's all just a little bit of history repeating.

Thank you for your time

Now, about my effort and why it didn't work
I think I was too involved with the back-story and didn't get it across, and I was probably relying too much on everyone's knowledge of early 19th century British history :unsure:

Here's the back-story...
Nearly 800 years in the future mankind has lost the ability to reproduce and relies on artificially intelligent androids to manufacture replacement humans, also known as carbon-based machines.

However, the latest developments in carbon-based machines means that a method of self-reproduction has been found, meaning the manufacturing androids will no longer be needed.

Needless to say the androids, whose only purpose is to manufacture, aren't too happy as they will become obsolete, so they sabotage the carbon-based machines, despite such actions being in contravention of the law (Asimov's First Law).

In order to prevent more destruction the government brings in an emergency Act carrying with it the android equivalent of the death penalty - deactivation.

The android that first broke its programming was Limb-Unit / Design-Droid, known by its acronym LUDD. This de-programming spread to other manufacturing androids who collectively became known as the LUDDites

Hence, it's all just a little bit of history repeating.

Thank you for your time

D'oh
I should have taken more time to actually appreciate your creativity. Sorry.

Sometimes things are obvious but often something really clever is easy to miss - frequently in the case my personal works of genius in the 75's!

@Peter V Congratulations.

@M. Robert Gibson a bit too much to infer from your entry. The humanity inability to reproduce is not obvious. "Human 2.0 manufacturing equipment" can also mean organ replacement manufacturing. You humanize the robots too much, giving them the fear of dying. One robot can malfunction and develop a twisted logic, but you can't spread this to an entire population of robots.
Also, I had no idea about Luddites.