Snowpiercer TV Series (TNT)

Pike couldn't get over being used by Layton as an assassin. He didn't want to continue serving Layton in any capacity. Not even the possibility of a life with Ruth could change his mind.
It's shame when there are no stops, nothing they could use to have a relief. It's all full forward, until they find New Eden ... or death. I thought that they would have put Pike in the drawer for later use. It would have been a punishment and it would have saved King Pike.

Continuing on the subject of failed relationships, I was not surprised that Audrey was outraged at Wilford's vestigial personality. It wasn't the man she wanted. It was the power.
Yeah, she wanted to be the real Queen and when a man, again, couldn't deliver ...

iu

Will her rejection somehow spark his rehabilitation and regeneration as the Great Engineer?
I think the great engineer is too far into New Eden deal to be Great the other way.

pD5dqkn.jpg

Very intriguing title. The last time I remember it being used were with the Millenium series. Then again, the train and it's annual cycles also represent Ouroboros, a snake eating it's own tail. It is also same as Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End.

It intrigued me more that Layton had ended in the land in between, and his version of the Underworld was the train, and it's passengers. I know it's a difficult to comprehend, when you are talking about a vision, but it's also not the first time a train has been the vessel between the worlds. But it is clear that his time is coming nearer. The circle keeps tightening.

vzMn4cb.jpg

I loved that Till was the caretaker of Layton's soul. In the essence, they are all already dead, but Layton just arrived. Knowing nothing, of course he asked, "How can I get out?"

Till answered, "If you want to get back, you need to find the Tail, and ask the Tail Boss to send you home." My suspicion being at that point it being Mr Pike. Karma, in other words, is a bitch. But let's see how well I did with my prediction.

I loved that Till gave the instructions on how to get the Papers to cross the bureaucracy of the Underworld. It is another bitch, keeping you there and not coming back to the Land of Living.

c7wcrtA.jpg

Death Pass. Note only for 'Temporary Travel,' with Mr Bennett doing the forging while listening to the golden oldies. Time in the nether-realm is basking in that golden light. He tried to ease Layton to realise that he wasn't going anywhere. The Death had grip on him and it wasn't letting go that easily.

He tried to hint that it's not an easy journey to get back, when death is much more likely option as the circle keeps tightening. I smiled when the next stop was with the cartographer. It also didn't surprise me that the Death Pass came with a price tag.

Time is money and vesting yourself to investigation could easily mean that you'll run out. For some weird reason Ruth gave him a pass, while in the real world, we heard that he was suffering from a brain injury.

Nobody walks out from the knife fight unhurt. Trapped in the Underworld is tricker spot.

mcWnLsj.jpg

Rumcar, not Nightcar. It's so hard to leave the Underworld, when it's filled with so many pleasures. Endless amount of rum and hot ladies. And the heat that makes you want to go to sleep and take it easy. Just chill, and not worry about anything. Especially not the time.

They did fantastic job on tying in the Cuban revolution, but in the Market the same thing was everywhere as the revolutionaries were keeping an eye on him. What surprised me was that the cartographer, Zarah had a place in there.

She showed the map and said, "Getting to the Tail, that's the easy part." The rest became muddled when Wilford's people caught Layton again. He warned, "What you don't know might hurt you."

When they next brought him into the dining car, I just wanted to chill. Spark a smoke, pop open a rum bottle and forget the boring old world. I wanted Layton to do the same, but he wasn't listening. Instead he went on and bought the doll, laying on Mr Pike's corpse in the real world.

I think the hula-girl might have represented the token of his soul, since he weren't carrying the coins. As a result most hilarious carnage I've seen for a while, with LJ as Layton's jailer. And Mr Pike as Layton's confessor.

It made laugh my bottom off when Layton claimed that his deal allowed him, "...to keep the secrets." His time was running out, as in the real world, Audrey did her mystical connection things and got Layton out, just in time.

WmHy8AN.jpg

The Death. Layton approached her and said, "You run the train."

"Yes. I do," Death answered.

"The power's in the Tail. It's upside down," Layton suggested.

"There's no up, no down. The train is cyclical. It's a cruel loop."

Layton looked down, "Right. I saw the map, a snake eating its tail. How do I get back out of the loop?"

Death refused to answer. She tortured the king, for a reason. For him to understand what was at the stake. The end of line, time running out. However, the end wasn't at the tail, but at the beginning, in the glacier at that power plant. In Layton's hell, where he keeps killing himself, endlessly, unable to get out.

Funny thing is that his saviour was Josie, leading him back to the Tree. The beginning. Only except that tree was in the October shot in a calender. What an irony.

I've never had much use for dream sequences, and this one was no exception. Layton's concussion-induced imagination may have been fun for the cast -- trying their hands at different roles in a slightly alternate setting-- but the episode didn't provide much plot locomotion. :sneaky:
It was an unnecessarily elaborate way to convince Layton that his vision of New Eden was not real. Beyond that, all I got here was that Audrey and Wilford may yet prove useful and that Melanie may have somehow not only escaped death but found another means of traveling the rails with Snowpiecer and Big Alice.
I hope that Melanie's survival story will be credibly expanded in a near-future installment.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctg
Sf4PGH0.jpg

If it's not the tree, it's Melanie. It is a long reach and all they've done are those, even though by looks of things, they've gained main stability inside the train. Everything is working as intended, minus the wear on things. People in places even seem happy despite all the losses.

Asha called it hope, while Layton were troubled by his revelation.

jJd4qkK.jpg

"Have you seen this?" Layton asked.

"Yeah, on my locker wall," Asha answered. Oh Layton, the look on his face was pure defeat. Haunted by revelation, even by the fact that he had put down his friend he grasped on the only hope, Melanie even though there should be a realistic, logical answer to all of it.

"Why do you need her back?" Layton asked Mr Wilford.

"Another engineer onboard is good for all," Wilford answered. True, because they don't really have the number or the abilities that Melanie posses. He even seemed to have accepted his defeat and his place in the order of things. And he was right on telling that Layton needs Melanie more than he does.

Ben seemed optimistic, while Alex veered towards pessimism. She even quoted, "if we have have to try, we have to try," from the defeatist book. It would be incredible if she were alive after all this time. Then Ashe brought the bad news,

IsnjMNf.jpg

The funniest thing is that while Asha was doing science by taking in measurements, Layton looked outside and saw a humongous yellow cloud spreading across the horizon. A toxic cloud that could suffocate the whole train.

Second funniest thing was LJ freaking out on Melanie news. "She's my arch-enemy," she screamed at hubby. "What she's going to do when she hears we are running the night car?"

LOL

Wilford identified the cloud as volcanic and Alex confirmed it. All it can tell is that the planet is alive and it's changing back from the snowball mode. But there was no reverse, no stop as they went into the cloud unclear what would happen at the end.

Thing that surprised me was LJ's willingness to enter into the icelady program, while the plants started to die from the atmospheric poisoning. Why is it that the train doesn't have sensors to recognise gas leaks? They take the air from outside, heat it up and circulate it throughout the train, before it's released out and new supply is taken in.

In theory if they had big enough agricultural section they could keep all the traps shut. Now a lot of it is gone. Maybe the strangest thing is that nobody went to check and nobody watched outside the windows to see the land changing around them. Instead they are all slowly going mad.

The last of humanity. Would it be a relief it they'd have stayed in the cloud?

7qgpOQU.jpg

A fine instrument to fix things, a crowbar. :ROFLMAO: Of course it's a normal thing to have these precision instruments in the train or even having to had to use it to fix things. Too bad Asha couldn't pass it on and now it's in the vent. Maybe it's waiting there for the next time with a skeleton holding onto it.

Looks like the is-she-or-isn't-she, Melanie mortality tease will continue right up to, if not through, the season finale. They've added the option of recovering her dead body to the possibilities. Maybe all they'll find is a note telling them where she took shelter.

The worst thing about LJ's initiation into the ice capades was her insistence on watching the bloody removal of a sizeable sample of her own skin. The masochist in her wouldn't be deprived of the experience.

On the subject of chills, when is the newest arrival going to manifest her altered genetic powers? I don't think the series will keep chugging along until she reaches puberty.

RIP, Asha. I should have seen what was coming when then started to flesh out her character./SPOILER]

Looks like the is-she-or-isn't-she, Melanie mortality tease will continue right up to, if not through, the season finale. They've added the option of recovering her dead body to the possibilities. Maybe all they'll find is a note telling them where she took shelter.
Is there a possibility that the person is not Melania? Could someone had been able to fabricate a machine that goes on those tracks?

f9BJsg7.jpg

If it is Melanie does she have a rat farm with her?

4VEMtkm.jpg

Oh man, I feel so giddy for seeing a new train on the tracks. This is so exciting because it's our main vessel. It was also so strange to see Melanie hooked up to a number of IV's, almost as if she's a pioneer on a new frontier at somewhere in the space. But it also means that the rat colony including Rattius Maximus' cousins has perished.

It is even stranger that inside the mini-engine...

J9Vb4Rk.jpg

...she's putting herself into hibernation, on 8 day cycles with nobody checking after her vitals or changing IV's. How is Melanie able to cope with the hibernation medication when it makes everyone else so woozy or even speak in strange tongues? Also she doesn't seem to be starving.

sCKhxms.jpg

Super-risky move, especially with those gangerenous veins spreading across her neck. It reminds me about Viv and what we went through and to be honest, it wasn't nice and they're not even showing the poop problem. Any doctor would stop this experiment and go bonkers on telling how much she's doing wrong on putting herself in such risk for 172 days.

Her going to sleep and not knowing if she wakes, made me so sad and angry at the same time. I wanted Layton to get on with the rescue business. Nobody in the engine had any idea in what situation she had put herself in when the Snowpiercer reached her.

iAdBMNS.jpg

I had no idea that Snowpiercer had a pop-up crane hidden in one of the cars. Thing that I loved more was seeing our Ice-lady in the action. She is kind of a super hero, even if she's only resistant to the cold. I bet that it would have been easily -100 something in the wind, and yet she did secure the whole thing like a professional.

It made me so happy when Mr Wilford chuckled on the rescue. Melanie waking up was even harder thing for me to watch, because of so many memories. It was sweet but also so very sad, full of emotion.

Her arrival also switched the story to another mood, as if suddenly the Snowpiercer would come to the Terminus as they prepared to whizz by the Great Pyramids in style. Strangest thing was Melanie didn't approve Layton lying about the New Eden. Not that she could really do anything about it other than just fly with it.

Slightly weirder thing is that her arrival also started to heal things, to close wounds that has been bleeding in the train for a while, like for example Javi. Him she started mending with a simple hug.

42xT5VP.jpg

LJ business, whole different ballgame. She has remained antagonist this whole and it's not like she's was ever going to give up.

While Wilford was mending the relationship by plugging the holes to the New Eden story - according to him the Horn of Africa is their end, but not by means of the hope, but the opposite as if suddenly the track would come to an end - LJ was moving on with the poison plot in the welcome party. Even threatening doing Bobbit on hubby without him even cheating.
It made me hope that the Welcoming Party wasn't going to turn to a Wake Party because of the chemical hazard. It most certainly were a close with so many people attending to the event. "It's not every day when your friend come back from the dead," Ruth described it.

What I didn't get was that poison was meant for Wilford. The intriguing detail was that Melanie didn't need to be poisoned as Wilford's ideas had already done it. And he used it to laze the "victory" cigars he offered to his guards, as they arrived to the Great Pyramids.

Qerq7ol.jpg

Man, they look positively ready to get toasty. It is also intriguing that from this angle they look like four and the fifth (lost one) is also still being in the play. When the ice melts, Sahara should be a savanna again. Just like it was when those thing were build, according to some theories. And yes, without wrapping foil, I don't believe in the official dating.

The lost civilisations are more plausible, following the evidence of the Great Flood being a real thing. Not starting on the other things. What I didn't see coming was Melanie's announcement on New Eden. It broke the camel's back and allowed Melanie to commandeer the engine, once again with all hope lost in the icy wind.

I also don't approve that Melanie somehow found the first class body guards alive and loyal to her ideas.

I was surprised at how small Melanie's survival vehicle was. I don't recall any comparative scene to gauge its size before it was running alongside Snowpiercer.
I wondered how they were going to get her out and make the transfer. I didn't expect that they would be able to hoist the mini locomotive off the tracks and lower it aboard Snowpiercer through a car roof.

I was disappointed at how quickly Melanie re-took command of the train and exposed Layton's New Eden lie. Given that Layton was taking everyone on a possibly one-way trip to an uncertain goal, it was the right decision.
If the mission remains aborted, though, no one will ever know if New Eden exists outside Layton's imagination. If some other catastrophe befalls the train, the people will be quick to condemn Melanie, whether New Eden, is real it not.

I suspect that Wilford wanted Melonie back because he thought her return would foster divisiveness among the populace. Maybe it's part of his master plan.
Now that he has murdered his way out of captivity, the tables have turned, Layton is (for the moment) in charge, and the Wilfordites have become the resistance.

HBpmT10.jpg

This series is at the moment far more interesting to me than TWD. I don't know how it has done it, but they have pulled all the plugs and wired this beast to go eleven. Thank you Netflix and Snowpiercer crew for making the effort and this series quite unique.

Why the revolution is always the topic in the Snowpiercer? It is almost like their original sin, to not understand the life inside the train, and trying to maintain the ridiculous ways, when the reality is they are all passengers behaving very badly.

Melanie went and described herself as the monster, for shattering the dream, because she's not really ready to make the leap of faith. The Ice Lady described it the best, "Melanie dropped the bomb. Whether the Tail will for New Eden or they'll fight for Layton's vision of New Eden."

Javi however was the opposite, him being tired of lies and wanting Melanie to put back the train on how it was before all of it happened. As if the life on tracks was the only way forward, even though the evidence points to warming.

Third party to the Original Sin of the train full of lies is Mr Wilford. To be honest, they should put them all out of the airlock and be done with the conflicts in one smooth move. He also brought back Icy Boki, as a resurrected breacher dressed in the cold suit, thanks to the Headwood's cryo research and the ability to go bonkers on forbidden sciences.

2qgl28y.jpg

One way to describe this is using a vulgar term of a C Fck and the other inevitable as the whole train is a mad house. To be honest, I'd like them all wearing a tin foil hat, so that the "other parties" cannot hear their thinking. It would a right and a proper response to the current situation instead of sitting quietly on their seats.

Funny thing is that Ben described their situation as "The science merits the risk," even though his side stands on Layton's visions, and not just on the scientific evidence that backs up the so-called New Eden.

As a viewer you don't really know what's going on, because we know, like everyone in the train, that vision is just something we have been brainwashed to think as circumstantial evidence and not a fact. "The future is always moving," Yoda would describe. And Layton went along the same way, by saying that "the Engineers measurements back the vision," thus solidifying the claim. But as it's always, the opposing side of the conflict, has their own agendas, their on ways on how the future should unfold and for Mr Wilford it is the the Empire inside the train.

Layton laid it to the Tailies by saying, "I can't promise you that New Eden can support life long-term, but the Tail knows... neither can this train. We've suffered under Melanie's rule before. We cannot go back to that."

o3dCnBO.jpg

"I heard stories about you. About how ruthless you could be. Congratulations, Mum. Who knew you'd made your literally righter after we saved you?" Well said girl. The only thing I'd have added, "Where did you get the instant bodyguards? Did you throw water on them and they just grew suits, glasses, earpieces and the attitude that nothing has happened?"

Melanie tried to explain her move through looking things rationally. It failed, but at least she was a woman enough to meet Layton at the Underway. She put down her claim on the track being never tested, because nobody had cojones to go through the turn.

Layton wasn't having none of it, as he told Melanie to, "Take the turn or the Tail Army will do it for you." None of them voiced the mini-engine and sending someone to scout the bloody track as all they wanted to was to have a clash. All Melanie could do was the claim that it was not safe, and therefore her rule should be the only way forward. Thus returning to the original sin in living in the dictatorship under Mr Wilford rule and Melanie controlling the engine.

F that. Thank goodness Ruth wasn't having none of Melanie's madness. To be honest, none of them were having anything other than a traditional clash reaching both ends of the train. The machine was built for the survival, not for having clashes inside.

YGDsC1y.jpg

That is a beautiful thing. A proper shield wall, with poky things sticking out from it. I also loved one of the gardeners offing the fighters with his garden hose. On the others side Wilford were fanning the flames, and getting properly pissed as if drinking is the only way to cope with thoughts of carnage and losing to the peasants.

He was even enjoying the old fashion public torture, when Melanie arrived to Wilford's court. I liked that the king proceeded to lick her bottom and only seeing his way forward. Melanie wanted to remove him from the power by controlling the Snowpiercer's engine. It is a deal made with a devil, because nothing with Mr Wilford is set in the stone.

His way is the only way. Layton's way is the alternative. I also liked that Ruth's Agent Rattius Maximus also played a role in the battle by relying crucial information. What I don't get is why Roche was so willing to be the middle man?

He was visibly scared on Tail showing power and unity by standing behind the idea of the New Eden. But the bravest thing was done by Audrie, vehemently opposing the king and by Ruth smacking Icy Boki with a snow shovel as part of the Layton's plan.

Twist was put Mr Wilford in the Mini-Engine with six month supply of suspension drugs. "Now we'll see who's the real survivor," he claimed as he entered the command. Then they gave the passengers a chance to vote for New Eden or with Snowpiercer helmed by Melanie.

It is a compromise, but it is a democratic compromise allowing the people to literally vote with their feet. A sad compromise, but a needed one. The breakups made me cry. I might have PTSDs from them as well.

b9618Kj.jpg

The New Eden track, narrow and scary but doable, if you have the balls. Bigger, better. Speed is the only way when you're on the highway to hell or heaven. Slow down and you'll die. The surprise in the sunrise, rabidly rising temperature near 0 C. The freezing point of water. Yet, when they came out, what they saw was

XqLtIvP.jpg

That bridge ain't gonna buff out, it might need some banging too. Hold my beer. We'll get it done!

WTF was that end with the rocket?

What? No mention of LJ's fitting end?
When she popped her late dad's glass eye back into her mouth, ongoing proof of her psychotic status, I said aloud "I hope she chokes on it. "
Boom! Wish granted! :LOL:
Why did they waste the mini-engine by using it to exile Wilford? They must have plenty of guest room in the drawers to keep him out of play.
I thought the mini-engine could have been rigged to scout the condition of the tracks to New Eden, negating the need to separate Big Alice from Snowpiercer and split the survivors.
WTF was that end with the rocket?
It was spotted 3 months after the separation, which might have given Wilford time to find a missile cache. Was it a signal? The rocket pieces raining down on Snowpierecer at the end indicated that the projectile was a big one, perhaps ICBM-sized. They could do some serious damage.
He also brought back Icy Boki, as a resurrected breacher dressed in the cold suit, thanks to the Headwood's cryo research and the ability to go bonkers on forbidden sciences
Boki's big scene reminded me of the one from Raiders of the Lost Ark, when after the martial art dude's razzle-dazzle skill display, Indiana pulled out his gun and shot him. One bonk for Boki, and the unstoppable ice warrior was out cold, if not returned to the dead. :LOL:

What? No mention of LJ's fitting end?
When she popped her late dad's glass eye back into her mouth, ongoing proof of her psychotic status, I said aloud "I hope she chokes on it. "
Boom! Wish granted! :LOL:
Is she dead? That is the question, LJ had so minimal role, but I should have mentioned her. It's just I didn't really know what to say about her, other than I was really disappointed. She should have known better and with her, she didn't really use the brain God had blessed her. It was twisted, but in a way it was also really sharp. And somehow she managed to survive as a psycho killer for very long time after she'd revealed her cards.

Choking on a trophy, karma paid its due. She should've known better. Now it's an express ticket to downstairs or very bloody horrible time in the ER under Dr Headwood.
It was spotted 3 months after the separation, which might have given Wilford time to find a missile cache. Was it a signal? The rocket pieces raining down on Snowpierecer at the end indicated that the projectile was a big one, perhaps ICBM-sized. They could do some serious damage.
I thought I saw a parashute opening and a pilot. The explosion also strangely cleared the cloud cover, and in the original books, they had a tribe that had underground. So we can only assume that they're going boldly and showing the next phase in the madness that is the Snowpiercer.
Boki's big scene reminded me of the one from Raiders of the Lost Ark, when after the martial art dude's razzle-dazzle skill display, Indiana pulled out his gun and shot him. One bonk for Boki, and the unstoppable ice warrior was out cold, if not returned to the dead
To me it was GoT's Mountain. That King Wilford wanted to have his unbeatable champion, like he has the trained attack dog. And everyone of those things are going to provoke his to power trip. Imagine Darth Vader going bonkers, and slaughtering a whole star destroyer for sh*ts and giggles, sort of thing. For his age, he should play wiser role, but I get that writers and directors have their own view on things.