Snowpiercer TV Series (TNT)

0cuQhJ3.jpg

"Two trains. Two chapters to tell. One runs fast and hot. The other lumbers slow. An armoured tortoise plotting after the hare. Everyone under a single thumb. Serving a single obsession..."

Man, the best beginning for the season. Ever. Mr Wilson is really at top of his megalomania and the train has started to resemble the one we saw in the movies.

"Inside is a backwards world. Only one class now. The working class."

I want to give an Emmy for just the beginning, because it is capturing me in an iron grip and at the same time it is also reminding me about all sorts of things. Wild West, The End of Times, Frostpunk, and the darkness before the sunrise.

We know from past experience that the Snowpiercer doesn't shy away showing the ultimate situations and people still pushing against them despite the odds. It is also no wonder to see the resistance alive and well at the heart of the long train. What surprised was seeing Ruth running the operations.

S7EqS4G.jpg

She has done a remarkable job for being Wilson loyalist. In fact, I'm kind of surprised that she has turned her coat and become Layton fangirl. Maybe the people in the train are really her concern but what she's doing has nothing to do with hospitality.

Kevin however is doing a terrible job for suggesting that they'll organise a cull. Although it warmed Mr Wilford's mind, Audrey was the key to keep them alive. If that remains as a fact, King Wilford has already lost the game, because he is willing to do almost anything in order to get her back.

From the engineering perspective Wilford is playing a losing game by not cutting what's needed. He needs the people but he doesn't really need the luxury. Especially if there is only one class, the workers and Wilford's people. And the Laytonites.

What I don't get is how Wilford is keep the law, when he has no manpower to force it. Not against the three thousand, if they choose to uprise. He has a small band of them, but is it really enough?

N9ey0Mq.jpg

We have hope people. The dialogue clashes with the information on the screen. It indicates that the temperature at outside is -31 degrees, while screen shot indicates much deadlier cold. But look at those yellow and some orange tinted areas. They are definitely warming up and we know for the fact that the track goes through the South Africa. So there can't be no denial, when the greenery starts to pop across the windows.

The problem with the fast train needs an engineering solution. All that I can come up for the cooling are extreme, but also correlates with the fact that they needs to keep moving. Roll and reset was Alex's choice and easiest solution.

"Come back and collect us," Layton said.

He also claimed that the breach suits has 30 minutes of life in them, but in same time he isn't thinking clearly, because Ben had been out there for at least half of that time. I don't know how they count that because it is depending on the individual, their state and the state of the machine, (batteries and oxygen tanks).

What I don't get is why he didn't trust the action to Josie alone? She has same capabilities as Icy-Bob. She can survive the cold, where as Layton is a waste for the resources. Yet, he chose to act like Captain Kirk and doing it all as if it was his task.

k7gfYOo.jpg

"Hello down there. We got tea and biscuits!"

I really don't get Layton's idea of being Captain Kirk on everything. Why to bring Josie if you're not going to use her? She's smaller and nimbler than him. Yet it was him that had to do the thing instead of being the smart leader, with smart being the operative word.

So I guess it was a script thing to send him down to collect Ben, but if that is true then they really cocked up, because Layton's tank was showing more than thirty minutes of oxygen.

The bigger problem I had was with Audrey taking over the engine with a stunner, when she isn't a fighter. I had so many facepalm moment when the characters didn't listen my advice and didn't stun her in reverse. She also didn't deal with Till, her biggest opponent.

It took her no time to get out from the maintenance tube, arm herself and then smack sh*t out of Audries rebellion. I cheered so much. Although one niggle, hammer to back of head is very often a lethal blow.

PCaMkS6.jpg

What is this about?

It took me a bit to sort out who is on what train -- after a 10-month gap between seasons.
Yeah, Ruth was a big surprise as substitute leader of the resistance. Looks like Pike has also stepped up a few rungs on the resistance leadership ladder. Kevin's role as Wilford's enforcer is a stretch.
What I don't get is why he didn't trust the action to Josie alone? She has same capabilities as Icy-Bob. She can survive the cold, where as Layton is a waste for the resources. Yet, he chose to act like Captain Kirk and doing it all as if it was his task.
I also wondered why Josie was neither the solo volunteer nor the lead on the sub-zero rescue mission And why, as the lighter of the pair, she wasn't the one lowered into the hole. Layton's banter with Ben was just annoying.
Maybe the whole ice sample expedition and rescue served only to introduce the mysterious survivor who attacked Layton in the bunker. I had hoped that it was somehow a deranged Melanie, but it would appear that is not the case.
So, who is he or she? I am assuming that the survivor will figure prominently is future plot developments.
What is this about?
A vision of an African tree(?) that Layton is experiencing for unknown reasons. Next stop, Africa?

Reactions: ctg
Looks like Pike has also stepped up a few rungs on the resistance leadership ladder.
Well, he has the potential and the face of the resistance. It's just I have a strange feeling that sooner than later he's going to die... maybe saving Ruth.
Maybe the whole ice sample expedition and rescue served only to introduce the mysterious survivor who attacked Layton in the bunker. I had hoped that it was somehow a deranged Melanie, but it would appear that is not the case.
It must be the case, because any otherwise it doesn't make sense. Although for a moment I thought that the nuclear reactor was somehow going to be the key.

In regards of Melanie, I suspect that if they're going to bring her back, she's going to be a leader or rescuees, who rescued her for some reason and we never got see their tracks.

So, who is he or she? I am assuming that the survivor will figure prominently is future plot developments.
A survivor who had built their own suit, which brings me back to the reactor. It had heated up the environment a great deal and it didn't look like it had gone through a meltdown. So it has to be a clue, meaning if there is power there must be heat and heat means life.

Next stop, Africa?
It's in the title sequence.

6RCWDUj.jpg

Agent Rattius Maximus at your service...

It's true what Ruth says about the cold in the beginning. It'll get into you and then you start to lose your mind and your will. You wish it would be a nice, warm summer day, but it'll only help you for a little while unless your persistent and persevere. You cannot give in to the cold, because that choice will lead to death.

I think Mr Wilford knows this well and it's no wonder why he's using it as a weapon, because there's no real defence against. The passengers of the SnowPiercer aren't fat bastards. They don't have an insulation layer and reserve energy pack that chunky people carry around. None of them are and Kevin is the least likely person to survive the cold. He is so skinny.

Ruth however cannot stay in the freezer forever. So it is a kind of wonder why she hasn't done more to insulate the place and provide at least some level of comfort to her, rather than sticking to live under layers of clothes and persevere. Thank God she has some fat on her, but it won't last forever.

What I don't get is Wilford's EMP weapon. What is the point and why he would want to ruin a perfectly good engine on a reconnection event? It's not like he has spares to lose in case things cock up and the result is a kind of catastrophe. And some pretty auroral lights.

I know it's a theory, but in mind, an EMP will cause the same effect as a Coronal Mass Ejection hitting the ionosphere would cause and seeing the auroral lights would be an evidence of an EMP activation.

NsfUtcB.jpg

"I didn't think anyone would love me after my parents died! We have to tell Wilford..."

"Really?"

:giggle:

Wilford kind of took in a good way. He even wanted to celebrate, which in LJ's mind only meant unicorn party, not something that the couple should be vary about. Marriage would never be official, but in her girl mind it surely was, but if they'd have done it wisely, they would have kept it private just between themselves and nobody else.

"The Loyal Wedding" as they'd branded the occasion reminded me about the Bioshock universe, with it's weird schemes so much. Personally the Bioshock universe is the most extreme case of bad things, like racism and fascism. It is a very bleak universe on which the ST's MirrorVerse pales in comparison.

That is very similar to the way I see Wilford's miniverse. And the funny thing is that LJ already saw herself inheriting the train and becoming a queen. I know every lady sees it that way on the wedding night and to be honest, they are the queen for the day before they become wives for a lifetime. And Oz having a cold feet on the eve, weren't a good thing.

Telling your psychowife that wedding is off might have some serious consequences. :cool:

Wilford weren't having none of it. The wedding were going to happen no matter what Mr Ossweiler wanted. The weirdest thing was Wilford's ball crushing ceremony. WTF?

The speech was pure propaganda, but I'm glad that the people got some RnR. In turn I hated seeing Ruth willing walking into the brig. It was a death sentence. A suicide run, especially after the EMP were destroyed and Wilford's position revealed.

z2L5wva.jpg

"Oh she might have a radiation poisoning..." Some people really needs to get their facts straight and eyes checked, because that lady isn't poisoned. Malnutrished maybe, but she has her teeth intact and hair on her head.

"It's an extra mouth to feed." Seriously people, like it is with the TWD, there aren't enough of living to be wasted. Every soul matters in the long run. The solution isn't Wilford or Layton's or anyone else, it's last of the humanity problem. What remains isn't much.

Joining Wilford's train to go to Africa isn't really a good idea.

nvZ7fww.jpg

In my mind Layton's dream translates to the World Tree and furthermore to the Gaia. It is the heart of our world that is connecting to Layton's psyche. It is a calling from a god. And it bothered me that Audrey was part of it. Before she turned evil, she was the mystical mama of this series and after that Wilford's bitch. A witch.

The survivor could be the opposing force to the witch. In a way she has taken Melanie's post, and if Melanie would have been alive, she would have totally supported Layton's vision as what it is rather than taking Till's agnostic post. I get that she's realistic, but ever since we gained thoughts 250 000 years ago, mysticism has lead us forward.

To be frank, science is trying to disprove all that comes out from mystic visions and it is very narrow view, because the science only knows what it can prove. By following it Earth would be frozen for a hundred year, if not a thousand and there would be no reason for searching hot spots, because they only exist in the myths.

I'm disappointed that the reactor survivor has not, a least so far, proven to be pivotal for the future. Layton's biggest reaction to her story came when she mentioned the marauders who had killed her colleagues, so maybe that will prove to be significant.
Other than wanting to shift the spotlight to himself, Wilford's reaction to LJ's engagement also seemed like he was seizing an opportunity to draw the resistance out of hiding. Encouraged by what Ruth saw as a distraction, the rebels felt that they could safely negate the EMP threat during the ceremony. Wilford appeared more pleased that he had captured Ruth than upset that the EMP had been destroyed.
LJ's delusions of grandeur for the future reminded me that she is as much of a psychopath as an adult as she was as a teenager.
I could do without the visionary tree mumbo-jumbo. Heading to the remaining suspected warm spot makes sense without the tree. Layton's sharing his repeating hallucination is not doing anything to bolster his already tenuous leadership credibility.

Last edited:
h34IBMM.jpg

If we must die, let it not be like hogs
Hunted and penned in an inglorious spot,
While round us bark the mad and hungry dogs,
Making their mock at our accursed lot.
If we must die, O let us nobly die,
So that our precious blood may not be shed
In vain; then even the monsters we defy
Shall be constrained to honour us though dead!
O kinsmen! we must meet the common foe!
Though far outnumbered let us show us brave,
And for their thousand blows deal one death-blow!
What though before us lies the open grave?
Like men we’ll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
by Claude McKay

"There is a moment in a fight, when that first blow lands and everything stops... And in that flash of clarity, you know who you are." - Mr Wilford at the height of kingship. He realised that Big Alice was the underdog and he'd become a lazy ******* in that absence. Oh how dictatorship spoils you. You become so very blind to your pompous arrogance that you don't actually realise how weak you've become, because there was nobody telling you: "No."

"Take the gloves off, Kevin." Well at least, King Wilford gave an order, but putting the first on Kevin's shoulders, big mistake. Kevin isn't LJ. You slap him and he cries. Punch him, he growls, but he's never a real attack dog. And boarding parties are usually very, very brutal just because there's no escape.

BrWAoPi.jpg

"This railyard is it..." That railyard also feels like it came from the original comics. I don't have access to them, so it's speculation, but regardless well done from King Layton to not play on Wilford's terms.

He didn't show the people fairness, and an invasion is never a fair play. And in this time Wilford weren't ready to play fair either. He dragged "big as a tent" Sarah to the engine and told lies, instead of focusing on the winning the battle.

First blows are first blows, but they are not finishing moves. They are not even mid game punches, taking out the breath. "Running cold and dark" were a problem before, but it was a nice move from Wilford's side, because running is always an option in order to live for another day.

xdxJblP.jpg

Asha. To my eyes, she has been institutionalised. Her suit has become her home and she has same issues of separation as Tony Stark has to his own collection. Although Asha only has one and she has been living in it for seven years.

I suspect as we advance into the Space Age that this become a familiar thing to many people. To be honest, after living six months waiting for the Council to fix the flooded kitchen, I grew custom on wearing same things over and over again, and now I have hard time on trying other things.

She also showed that she's been in dark for most of things and the fight between the trains isn't something she ever imagined experiencing. The curious thing is that she chose to stay out of the fight and hope for the best, while in her shoes, it would be better to put up the fight rather than wait for the appear.

dVxmXwy.jpg

Oh Pike, you sexy *******. And Ruth, for not losing a thing. Wilford cocked up and it was the one thing he didn't expect. That his train would be delivering "the surprise" as if it was meant to be. Well, if it would have been the real new year, he'd have expect it to be working.

Viva la Resistance!

I hated that Strong Boy had to pay the price, while Wilford fell for the Queen bounty. He pushed the Big Alice to limit. Then he stopped and forced the fight. Layton was smart as he only needed to take down the king.

Oh Wilford, you thought you were the smart one. Well, you might be, but you were not desperate enough after you got the bounty. Instead he was just fuming on anarchy and being spoiled to core by his dictatorship, when he should have remembered that "Absolute power corrupts absolutely!"

rIqWhQ5.jpg

Drawers. I am curious to find out what sort of changes might have happened this time, but I'm also equally curious of why they didn't put Wilford in, but rather had him in a cage. It is a security risk, because there are still loyalists in the train, and if he'd been removed from the picture and put in the draw, it would have eliminated a lot of tension. It is just not a simple thing to take out from hibernation. You need a willing doctor to do it.

Interesting thing is that Layton didn't op to be a king, but his first order was the elections. Will he survive it? I don't know, but my vote would go for Ruth or Pike. Ruth for being the mother and Pike the father, and for Layton I'd give peace and a detective role. He is not the leader that they'll need, but the light that shines on their path.

"We press on..." This is the way!

Well done Snowpiecer team and Netflix! Beautiful episode!

I'm also equally curious of why they didn't put Wilford in, but rather had him in a cage. It is a security risk, because there are still loyalists in the train, and if he'd been removed from the picture and put in the draw, it would have eliminated a lot of tension.
I had thought (and hoped) that Layton was going to beat Wilford to death.
While I can see that keeping deposed King Wilford in a cage will be more punishing to him than martyrhood, it does keep him around to provide future conflict.
That is sure to come if Layton's big lie is discovered before they reach the promised land. I suspect that Asha will leak the secret during one of the brief times she leaves her security helmet.
LJ's instant defection at the news of Layton's victory was not a surprise. Despite slashing Kevin's throat (yay!), LJ's pro-resistance declaration was less than convincing. I don't doubt that her sadist core was thoroughly enjoying Big Boy's fatal torturing -- right up until the time came to switch sides.

While I can see that keeping deposed King Wilford in a cage will be more punishing to him than martyrhood, it does keep him around to provide future conflict.
Exactly. Wilford should be going into the drawer, even if he provides an interesting angle for the writers to explore while he's in the cage. He is a security risk. In the cage much bigger than in the drawer.

That is sure to come if Layton's big lie is discovered before they reach the promised land. I suspect that Asha will leak the secret during one of the brief times she leaves her security helmet.
There has to be more to her story that she hasn't revealed yet. I don't trust her, not just because she might spill the secrets, but there's something in her that says danger.
LJ's instant defection at the news of Layton's victory was not a surprise. Despite slashing Kevin's throat (yay!), LJ's pro-resistance declaration was less than convincing. I don't doubt that her sadist core was thoroughly enjoying Big Boy's fatal torturing -- right up until the time came to switch sides
She should be offed. Sooner better. Although I loved that she finished Kevin, even I wish she would have saved him for Mr Pike.

fx1Cxpi.jpg

"Mum, why are you haunting me?"

My index finger hurst so we'll see how long this is going to be. Wilford said, "Weakest are those who suffer from memories. The strongest carry the past like fuel to ignite a patch forward."

I'd say it's depends on the memories and the past. And if you didn't suffer, you're either a) robot or b) demented. Suffering makes us strong. It's part of the life. Pike should remember that but he's too bitter on everything. Then again, the whole train is full of people who has lost too much and they don't see the bright shining future.

To be frank, even if they'd find New Eden, it's going to be a struggle to rebuild and repopulate the land with what they have. Maybe the show should be the last hurrah for the glory of the mankind. Just like King Wilford would like it to be.

Thing that surprised me was that Wilford knows the track like his own pockets and somehow he remembers turns and bumps.

A0YqJQT.jpg

Those train cars were frozen solid on the tracks and to be honest, it would have been easier to blow them up than try to free them. Maybe they could have even connected the engine and allowed the cars to power up and unfreeze, while they would have looted the contents.

Why? Well, scavenging is always an option and it should always be utilised when there is a chance. And the dead people should be a problem. At least they should have gone into the compost, because every little thing matters, when you have next to nothing.

I get that for Wilford's people those three cars would have been full of horrors, but for the Snowpiercer they could have done with the stripping the cars in no time. The only problem though is that they don't have many breach suits.

What I don't get is why our ice lady wasn't tasked to free the cars?

She would not have suffered from the PTSDs. She might even had a brain to not use explosives under the freaking car, meter away from the blast point. Have they forgotten the safety rules or is it that they no longer apply, because there are no laws?

Maybe the biggest surprise was that they lost Mr Wilford to Roche's revenge. The most amazing thing was with Alex starting to use her mum's gift and starting to see things like Nicola Tesla. Maybe she will save them all.

Is Wilford going into the drawer?

Damn! Another wasted opportunity to be rid of WIlford!
This time, he was saved by the mistaken belief that only his expertise could solve the train issue. Next time, they should realize that Alex knows as much as her psychotic teacher, as long as she gets a little hallucinatory cheerleading from her mother. Then, they'll be free to "cull" the old *******.
I hope Melanie's role going forward will be more corporeal than a figment of Alex's imagination.
What I don't get is why our ice lady wasn't tasked to free the cars?
According to Ben, freeing the cars was a "two engineer job." I don't recall was Josie was before her enhancement, but I don't think she was in the engineering department
And the dead people should be a problem. At least they should have gone into the compost, because every little thing matters, when you have next to nothing.
Why not just hook the cars to Snowpiercer and take them along? What's a little freezer burn when you might need an emergency meat supply on your way to a dubious Eden? ;)
Is Wilford going into the drawer?
That would be the best place for him.

This time, he was saved by the mistaken belief that only his expertise could solve the train issue. Next time, they should realize that Alex knows as much as her psychotic teacher, as long as she gets a little hallucinatory cheerleading from her mother. Then, they'll be free to "cull" the old *******.
I really wonder their citizens. They all seem to be sheep instead of individuals and they'll go wherever the wind blows. Where is all bickering, comments and all the other things that they should do, but we'll never see them as all we get are the main characters.

Alex should realise that she's one of them and not part of the elite. She might have her mother's gift and blessing in the brain department, but does she really have the balls?

Why not just hook the cars to Snowpiercer and take them along? What's a little freezer burn when you might need an emergency meat supply on your way to a dubious Eden?
Exactly, even if they drag them as long as they strip them from useful parts or even bring them back in working order. I wish I'd have access to those original comics to see if they've ventured far from the original story. Still it's cool that they keep going when all the others are frozen.

Also did you notice that Layton has stopped receiving visions?

Also did you notice that Layton has stopped receiving visions?
He hasn't stopped talking about his visionary magic tree, though, which is making him look more like a fanatic than a leader.
Ruth seemed to dismiss Pike's opinion that she would be a better leader than Layton, but the seed has been planted.

Last edited:
WhzlSUp.jpg

I did find the Tail tradition of naming the babies after the last cities they passed a bit weird. Then again they're not actually doing their duties and making babies as everyone are still reeling back from all that darkness.

In ways the train feels like a prison. One of their own choosing and there is no escape from it until we reach the miracle land. While this episode feels like a filler from the beginning it is giving us a bit more insight for the life inside the Snowpiercer.

It is kind of strange the train doesn't have a media, because getting the baby would make the headlines. All they have is Ruth and the intercom. But the thing is nobody is recording nothing. So, in a way the miracle baby's birth is lost in the history. Therefore, if the New Eden turns out to be the real thing, all of that is lost and when the participants die, so will the history.

When you really think about it, it's kind of strange that the train doesn't have a science car to do all sort of measurements and experiments on the atmosphere. None of that is happening unless the passengers do something about it. Like Dr Underwood.

They claimed that it's to study the cold, but only subject we have seen are the humans, not the nature and its species. Why to ignore it? What does she know that we don't?

I'm really wrapping foil here but there is something that we haven't been told, and I'm not talking about not just about the vandalism in the train. I think that's just random acts of disobedience, because they've nothing to do in the train and baby can alleviate it for a very short while.

But there is no fix. It is the same old day in, day out. So in my mind the question becomes will the train go through another messy carnage or will they reach the destination before the rumble in the jungle become too loud.

In the BSG they had that pleasure world craft that they dragged all across the galaxy, but for our people it's nothing but the same old. What will happen when the patience runs out?

So, in a way the miracle baby's birth is lost in the history. Therefore, if the New Eden turns out to be the real thing, all of that is lost and when the participants die, so will the history.
If no humans survive to read their history, would it matter?

Frosty, the Baby, seemed surprisingly normal, considering that she appeared to be freezing Zarah's birth canal as she emerged. Maybe a little ice buildup helped her slide out. No doubt her true artic superpowers will appear as she grows.

The professional friction between the two medical attendants during the birth was amusing. "Normal" was an especially subjective perception.

Pike finally decided on his train role -- saboteur. I don't know if he just wants to undermine Layton's leadership or if he actually wants to assassinate him.

Ruth made the right choice in putting the brakes on her developing romance with Pike. Someone needs to convince him that the resistance was aimed at Wilford, not his successor.

Last edited:
ZfcBfm3.jpg

Pike, he feels like a King. A lost king or the one that should have been leading the train, when the Tail took over. All of it was put on Layton's shoulders, while he managed the business with the people, whoever they were. You could claim that he's the XO of this train we are taking every week for about fifty minutes and hope that they'll reach a station.

But when you think about all that he has done in the past, mostly invisible to the camera's eyes, it's no wonder why he's feeling disgruntled. It's as if obeys to him, but not show respect, while with Mr Wilford, it was all about glory and fanfare.

At the same time he's going through phobias, battling with the past ghosts with no relief in the sight. It's sad that it has made him paranoid and unable to see the reality around him, because if he'd take his place and enjoy the life, they could ride to the New Eden just fine.

The question is, when is he going to crack and release the beast?

He calmly watched as Layton struggled to come up with the right suspect. Trying to blame Wilford instead of using that brain and skills.

tHIDYfJ.jpg

Ruth, Pike's Queen. She feels like the peg that is holding the barrel that is Mr Pike from spilling out in the most drastic way possible. She is the mother or should I say a Matron mother for all that is left and when she's gone, nothing is going to stop them from going to hell. So as long as she's fine, we have hope ...

... from her PoV the train is not fine. Everyone are in need of RnR and some time off. A big siesta on a sunny, warm beach with nothing to worry about. I love that she still tries, even by giving orders and not caring about the moment, because things are needed. Roche included.

She most certainly did the right thing by leaving him the padded cell. Carly wasn't having none of it. But curiously she got through to her old man. Made him talk, confess to his emotion, while Ruth just put up the wall.

umyHAgw.jpg

Till, the new detective. I have to say that she's a bloodhound, as you set her on track, she won't let go. I expected her to make connections sooner than Layton voicing it. If she'd been smart, she would have come in quiet, instead of allowing Mr Pike run all over the train. In places, she feels like a yes-man than a privileged passenger or even a detective.

She stood by Layton's side while they announced to the Tailies that Pike was not be trusted. All while Pike was digging the ground from under Layton's New Eden deal. Why does she have to show other dog like qualities, like guarding the master after the scent had gone cold.

Why could she not follow Ruth, when she revealed that Pike and her are close. Could she not made the connection, not that Layton could do it either with his extensive real world experience. Follow the love and you'll find the man.

At least she went to Layton, with "corner a desperate man," excuse as soon as she realised how much was in stake. She definitely loves he man, but she loves the life more and all people in the train.

"Where he would go next?" Layton asked.

Ruth rolled her eyes. "He know ever corner and cupboard on this train. If he want to stay hidden, he will."

The surprise twist was with the Tailie tradition. It was an easy solution, instead of searching the whole train from Tail to Engine. The thing that didn't surprise me was the fight-to-the-death clause, because as soon as it was said, it was already set.

nxW0cNI.jpg

It's weird that while this happened, Wilford was finding the tree pictures. Pike wanted to go for the fight from the beginning, while Layton, Ruth and all the others wanted him to come clear and smell the coffee. Although the only truth was coming from Pike as he told "I felt being just an errand boy," instead of XO. But a man like Mr Pike, would he really want a title, when he's already so deep in the anarchy that you could say that he's a punk.

Andre confessed to everything and claimed that everything was behind them, but all Pike wanted was the knives. It is an exit. A death wish. The end or everything.

"Look at the power you have," Pike sneered. "You just offer me the world now."

Layton chuckled, nervously. "We have come a long way."

"And yet here we are. Back in the Tail. Now you can dangle the luxury of change, but the Tail needs justice. And what can Pike offer to Layton?"

He is so willing to paint himself in the corner that you have to wonder if he loves being in the misery?

"I want you to be godfather to Lianna. I'm serious. You want respect? Pike, that's family."

"I don't want respect."

Layton pulled out Ruth card and smeared it on King Pike's face. I loved that the reply was "The New Eden" fabrication. It is so human, but also logical to question the story, when there is no solid evidence to back the claim.

For being smart man Layton realised that the only solution to keep the "hope" going was to commit to the fight.

A king is dead. Long live the king Layton, with all his worries and sorrows. King Pike was a good, bad man. He was a fighter and a leader. It's damn shame that he had to die for Layton to see his trees again.

A king is dead. Long live the king Layton, with all his worries and sorrows. King Pike was a good, bad man. He was a fighter and a leader. It's damn shame that he had to die for Layton to see his trees again.

I honestly thought that the Pike-Layton face-off would be resolved without the knives. I was sorry to be wrong.
Pike couldn't get over being used by Layton as an assassin. He didn't want to continue serving Layton in any capacity. Not even the possibility of a life with Ruth could change his mind.

Continuing on the subject of failed relationships, I was not surprised that Audrey was outraged at Wilford's vestigial personality. It wasn't the man she wanted. It was the power.
Will her rejection somehow spark his rehabilitation and regeneration as the Great Engineer?