DISCUSSION -- March 2014 75 Word Writing Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only been a member here for around a month and even I've noticed how morbid you lot are ;) Ah well, Death is always an interesting topic.

Hex, you've obviously been dying to write about this for a while (pun half intended.) I can't believe you have an entry already, I like it, it made me feel a little sympathetic for Death and reminded me of 'Meet Joe Black'.

I better get writing..

A lot of flexibility on this one. Great entries Khayos and Hex - we early birds can get the recliners out! :)

Bah, well beaten in the posting this month. Nice entries all. Mine might contain spoilers***

*morbid, us? Never.**

** although I really did do all those horrible things to my first MC. Poor guy.

*** or I might be teasing to provoke a riot amongst the betas so they all read book 3 when I finish it. ;)

Whoa, you lot are quick off the mark - and they're good too.

I've changed mine due to it not properly following the Theme. It wasn't very fantasy based originally, which makes me a little sad. I fear I was too eager?

Great entries to everyone else however.

I'm still getting used to this site and I'm in a strange kind of panic over my story now. What to do?

I've changed mine due to it not properly following the Theme. It wasn't very fantasy based originally, which makes me a little sad. I fear I was too eager?

Great entries to everyone else however.

I'm still getting used to this site and I'm in a strange kind of panic over my story now. What to do?

I get kicked out on theme all the time. (Well not kicked out, but it definitely caused my December entry to bomb.) Ho-hum. Trying to be original sometimes pushes the boat a little.

Plus -- fantasy is a wide, wide genre. It doesn't have to be epic, or urban, it just has to make sense of the genre.

PS you may not be living up to your avatar's description -- procastinating seemed limited. ;) :D Welcome to the Chrons.

Leave it, it's good :)

If you pick at it like a thread on a T-shirt, it won't be long before you're naked and crying into a heap of cotton! ;)

Thank you Springs. I've stuck to my original, which seems history based. But I like to think that Fantasy is broad enough to cover the personifications and fantasy implications I've attempted to portray. Though, I fear I've been too vague and it may not be discernible.
I have no idea if I've broken any rules either but I've always been one to attempt to stretch the boundaries a little and I'm sorry if I have. It's a lesson learned for next time.

I'll guess I'll see how it goes and if it all goes to pot then I'll still enjoy reading all of your entries and I'll be more careful next time!

I feel very much the "newbie" right now. :D

Be gentle with me, it's my first time!

Be gentle with me, it's my first time!

Quellist, that is a great entry!

I wake up, get my coffee and bath robe...login and see a bunch of awesome entries. Death sleeps on this side of the world..either that or he is frozen at the moment (-30 celcius without wind chill)

I am excited to work on this one and you guys have set a great tone

Death? Death?

Where am I going to get any inspiration for that?

Ha! I was going to say this month's challenge was made for you. In fact, I bet you're dying to get working on it*...

* yes, I know what I might be starting here :D

Springs, I love your entry! It made me remenisce of all the times a favourite character of mine has died or when I've had to kill off a character. I feel heartless now..

Ha! I was going to say this month's challenge was made for you. In fact, I bet you're dying to get working on it*...

* yes, I know what I might be starting here :D

Or it might go the other way and kill the thread....

Thank you Springs and Ratsy, I have been reading a lot of the 75 word challenge entries and I am very impressed with what people do with so few words here.
I'm looking forward to the next 300 challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back