Discussion 75 Word Challenge -- MARCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy,
Thank you to, Spurring Platty, Moonbat, DEO, and Scott R. Forshaw for the mentions & shortlistings. Many thanks to Hoopy Frood, Johnny Jet and Starbeast for the votes.

Starbeast, you must have really liked my story--OR-- you could have been talking to Parson. I sent him a PM about my failing eyesight ( probably going to be known as ol' one eye some day ) and I had no trouble reading your pick, thanks again.
Bob

Starbeast, you must have really liked my story--OR-- you could have been talking to Parson. I sent him a PM about my failing eyesight ( probably going to be known as ol' one eye some day ) and I had no trouble reading your pick, thanks again.
Bob

Hi Bob, I really liked your story, it stuck with me. Sorry to hear about your eye my friend, Parson didn't tell me. I decided to make my selected choice in bold, making it a big surprise to the winner, which is you.

Take care Bob, I look forward to your next entry. :)

Congradulations to Pyan and Culhwch. Now I must vote in the tiebreaker, good luck to both of you.

Congratulations Pyan and Culhwch two great stories. Since I voted for Cul in the ordinary voting, I was consistent in the tie breaker. But either story is a worthy winner.

Congrats Pyan and Culhwch. In the tiebreaker I voted for Culhwch who was on my original shortlist.

Thanks for the votes HareBrain and The Judge!

Thanks for the congrats and the votes, guys! I was genuinely surprised to find I'd not only caught up but passed Pyan at one point this morning. He wouldn't quit, though, and it's an honour to be in a tie-break with him.

Though isn't there an ancient saying... 'It's always wise to let the Elder God win.'

nether of you made tie-braking easy that's for sure.
Cul you should have been on my short list and I cant for the life of me figure out why you werent, unless i didnt get the story the first time because your magical realizem was so real it went over my head to hit me square between the eyes this time. (some how i doubt that came off as the complement it was intended to be...) but this time I got that she wasnt playing truant from the school play, or at least if she was, not for any of the reasons I first came up with.

Congratulations to pyan and Culhwch! Both excellent stories.

Thanks also to Culhwch for the short-listing.

Off to find a coin to toss.

Easy enough in the one sense - I voted for Cul in the first round, so stuck with that decision. However, I had to read them both through again to be fair - Pyan's did make me laugh, but, as the mother of a daughter with pudgy arms, yet again I felt tears in my eyes.

Fab stories both, but Cul's really hit home.

Two excellent stories in the final, both of which made my shortlist.

Now, I'm going to have to think this through, but I think this means I can't possibly win this month...

Announcing a new record in voting, if not in submitted stories. Oh, yes, we have had more - but that was the Christmas when we were given three votes each, so it's not really comparable (and anyway, we got less than twice the votes of this time).

A resounding congratulation to the two winners!

And Hope, thank you for the vote. I didn't know you were into that sort of music, where the mundane magic can slip into the uncanny without the players noticing the transition. I do know that I didn't describe it very well, wanting to get the story as well as the ambience.

Both great stories which made my shortlist so a tricky choice, but I've gone for culhwch - as many others have said a lot of emotion conveyed excellently in a short scene.

Couldn't find a coin to toss (as I was lazily lounging on my couch) so I flipped a coaster. Or I would've, if it came to that. (I actually did flip it, just for fun) My vote goes to Cul.

Status
Not open for further replies.