What Game Are You Currently Playing?

So after a week of researching Skyrim mods, installing, failing, uninstalling everything (including the game itself), reinstalling from scratch, trying different mods, uninstalling again, and finally settling on using Vortex rather than Mod Organiser 2, then gradually building a list of mods, I've finally reached a point that is actually working pretty well for me, to the extent that I don't want to change it any further in case I stuff it all up :LOL:

All of the mods fall under the graphics, animation and UI categories, the final one I added today getting the horses to actually look like horses. I haven't made any changes to gameplay or quest lines. I've stuck pretty closely to the vanilla style, just trying to improve things for my current PC. It's taken something like 90 mods in total. About a third of those were the mods I was after, but a lot of them rely on other mods to work, so you install 3 or 4 others just to get the required one working.

No doubt some of those huge mod lists make it look prettier but, considering I haven't done any modding in years, I'm very pleased with how it's looking and running now. I've been actually playing it for about 26 hours. And before anyone asks, it's sitting at 60gb installed - which made me laugh again, but it's still better than the 400gb that mod list up-thread was asking for :LOL:

Attachments

• 20240523131120_1.jpg
    20240523131120_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 20240521174315_1.jpg
    20240521174315_1.jpg
    940.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240521223856_1.jpg
    20240521223856_1.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240522001646_1.jpg
    20240522001646_1.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20240523165628_1.jpg
    20240523165628_1.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240523170105_1.jpg
    20240523170105_1.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240523170415_1.jpg
    20240523170415_1.jpg
    749.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240523170427_1.jpg
    20240523170427_1.jpg
    635.6 KB · Views: 24
I bought a game called Call Of Juarez: Gunfighter for about £1 in a sale on Steam. It's a third-person shooter set in the Wild West, about a bounty hunter telling people the unlikely story of his exploits. The basic shooting is good, and there's a nice use of humour and an unreliable narrator. At times he corrects himself when his listeners point out his mistakes, and the game changes appropriately, from being ambushed by Apaches to be ambushed like Apaches. I'm not very sold on the mechanism by which you try to outdraw the lead villains, but otherwise it's entertaining stuff. A pound well spent.

Had some sunny weather for a change :LOL:

Attachments

• 20240524122146_1.jpg
    20240524122146_1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • 20240524122404_1.jpg
    20240524122404_1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • 20240524122448_1.jpg
    20240524122448_1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • 1716550223225.jpeg
    1716550223225.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Lost my second colony attempt to raiders in Rimworld. I also bought a slave but she ran away. I learned how to make beer and grow Smokeleaf, the Rimworld equivalent of marijuana. This was a mistake because I didn’t have any restrictions in place and all my people were turning into stoned alcoholics. No wonder the slave managed to scarper.

I’m still learning and what I’ve learned so far is that there is an escalating threat mechanism and I need to improve my defences earlier in the game.
So far, I’ve dealt with fires started by storms, bickering colonists, an insect infestation, an attack from Flesh beasts burrowing up from the depths but succumbed to the aforementioned well armed raiders.

When I originally bought this game, it frustrated me a lot but perseverance has paid off and I’ve clocked up a fair few hours on it now. I’m pretty much getting my money’s worth out of a game that is just a couple of hundred meg in size.

I'm a little bored with HZD, so i'm reloading Days Gone. This is it for me, now. :)

Dragon Age: Inquisition; Epic gave it for free. It's OK and very long, but there are lots of different processes involved so it's not exactly repetitious. There are problems with the viewing, though, like characters, trees, etc., getting into view and so on.

Still playing Rimworld and it continues to find new ways to amuse me. I have one colonist who's an alcoholic and needs regular beer top ups. It takes time and resources to manufacture all the beer she drinks so I've tried to stop her drinking but she either ignores the order and drinks anyway or goes on a cold turkey rampage beating up other colonists and putting them in hospital (meaning they are subsequently unproductive).

I couldn't find a way to subdue her long enough for her to get the alcohol out of her system. So I turned to the internet. What would Rimworld experts do to deal with this situation? Easy. Put her in a hospital bed and cut her legs off. Once she's over her addiction, I'll give her a set of prosthetic legs. It seems a bit extreme but it appears to be working so far.:)

I just joined up to GOG and bought both Star Trek Armada games.

Star_Trek_-_Armada_Coverart.png StarTrekArmadaIICaseArt.jpg

RTS is not my usual game type, but i very much enjoyed these.

I picked up Killer Klowns from Outer Space and have been enjoying it immensely. It's a 3-vs-7 asymmetrical multiplayer game like Dead by Daylight, Friday the 13th, or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - but much like the movie that inspired it, it's very light on the horror aspect, and I think that's its greatest strength.

In most games like this, if you're playing as a human/victim character, once the killer gets their hands on you, you're done. In this game the humans can actively fight back with an assortment of weapons, and even if a Klown wraps you up in a cotton candy cocoon, it's not over. There's a pretty generous time limit before your character dies (I assume from being suffocated by cotton candy - not a bad way to go) during which other human characters can find you and break you out, or if you've got a sharp weapon like a knife or axe, you can break out of the cocoon yourself and keep going.

The players I've run into so far have been awesome. Granted, the game has only been available for a few days for those who pre-ordered (it officially launches tomorrow), so we'll see how that changes. So far the vast majority of players seem to be 30-or-40-somethings like myself who came to the game because they're fans of the film and they just want to have a good time.

Still playing Rimworld and it continues to find new ways to amuse me. I have one colonist who's an alcoholic and needs regular beer top ups. It takes time and resources to manufacture all the beer she drinks so I've tried to stop her drinking but she either ignores the order and drinks anyway or goes on a cold turkey rampage beating up other colonists and putting them in hospital (meaning they are subsequently unproductive).

I couldn't find a way to subdue her long enough for her to get the alcohol out of her system. So I turned to the internet. What would Rimworld experts do to deal with this situation? Easy. Put her in a hospital bed and cut her legs off. Once she's over her addiction, I'll give her a set of prosthetic legs. It seems a bit extreme but it appears to be working so far.:)
Loved it. In Rimworld, you can do almost anything. Yes, it might be challenging at first, but it's worth giving Rimworld a chance... You won't be able to stop playing once you get into it.

Hello, first poster here.
I recently started playing Fallout 4 again after about 5 years not playing any PC games at all.
Unfortunately about a week in my GPU packed up! My entire system is 10 years old now, so I had a look at second hand GPU's online. Remember those cards that were pushing £500 a decade ago? R9 290's, or GTX 780 type thing. Now they are £35 with 2 years warranty. Perfect for keeping older systems alive. A nice bit of nostalgia to finally buy those 'dream components' that I could never afford at the time.

I didn't really click with Field Of Glory: Empires but I still bought Field Of Glory: Kingdoms as soon as it was released. Whereas Empires covered the ancient era, Kingdoms is set in medieval times and more to my interest.

I'm hoping this time around I'll get on better. It looks a complicated beast (just like Empires) and it will be a while before I tackle it (three hundred page manual to digest first). Perhaps this will wean me off Rimworld:)

I bought a game called Call Of Juarez: Gunfighter for about £1 in a sale on Steam. It's a third-person shooter set in the Wild West, about a bounty hunter telling people the unlikely story of his exploits. The basic shooting is good, and there's a nice use of humour and an unreliable narrator. At times he corrects himself when his listeners point out his mistakes, and the game changes appropriately, from being ambushed by Apaches to be ambushed like Apaches. I'm not very sold on the mechanism by which you try to outdraw the lead villains, but otherwise it's entertaining stuff. A pound well spent.

I have a Call of Juarez game that I'm stuck on because of those damned duels. The one I was playing was following a Civil War veteran and his brother, though. I think I have Gunfighter, too -- my save got corrupted so I need to start a new one.

I just joined up to GOG and bought both Star Trek Armada games.

View attachment 119044 View attachment 119045

RTS is not my usual game type, but i very much enjoyed these.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! Loved Armada back in the day. Did you play them when they were originally out? There was a great multiplayer community for it, and we made special maps that essentially created scenarios: Yardwar, for instance, where each player begins with a shipyard and infinite resources, or Shipwar where each player begins with a certain ship or ships. I want to like Armada II more than I do, but it made starbases OP (meaning artillery is the only practical approach to them), had inferior sound design, and made the game more complicated than I'd like. I still play the original once a week or so for the nostalgia.

In addition to my usual staples -- The Sims 4, Stardew Valley, and Red Dead Redemption II, this past week I've been enjoying Driftwood and Lonely Mountains: Downhill, two sport-ish games in which the player controls a bicyclist/longboarder through the landscape and tries not to die.

I've mostly been playing Cities Skylines 2 recently, now that they have mods on board and a big patch coming. I did unfortunately run into a error I couldn't work around that nerfed my save (and the backup save!) so I've had to go back a ways to an old save, and lost a lot of progress. I'd love some more assets, though - once you get to a certain size there is a lot of repetition.

Also recently installed Jedi Survivor but got stuck on the first boss and haven't been back. Going to have to admit defeat and turn the difficulty slider down, I think.

My borderline obsession with modding Skyrim continues. As a total novice, using tools like DynDOLOD (for creating levels of detail in the distance) up and running have been a bit of trial and error, but I got there in the end. Biggest success in the past week or so has been getting physics for hair and clothes working, and also Smoothcam and Alternative Dialogue Camera.

Today I got Northern Roads (unsurprisingly, an overhaul of all the roads and roadside clutter) installed and patched, with complex parallax textures, too. I just love the dirt road look.

20240607194808_1.jpg

Also, just now, I completed an overhaul of all the followers and NPCs. This is Lydia, as she looks now.

20240608004154_1.jpg

Unfortunately, it hasn't fixed her AI :rolleyes: :LOL:

I keep thinking "That's it, I don't need to do any more now", but there's always something else that piques my interest and makes me want to try it for myself.

I caved in and bought the whole game of Adaca. It's really impressive for what seems to be pretty much one person's work, but it does get quite difficult as it goes on. Basically it's Half-life with simpler vector-type graphics. As it goes on, a Stalker style plot emerges. The loss of fancy graphics doesn't much matter - in fact, I find that it gives the game a slightly eerie feeling, like those old "what to do in an emergency" cards you used to get on plane flights. I feel that I've got my money's worth out of this one.

Doom Eternal. A fast-paced demon-killing FPS.

Dishonored 2. A full-on steampunk action/adventure with an amazing worldbuilding. You can either play as Corvo (the protagonist of the first game) or Corvo’s daughter. I’m playing as the girl.