What was the last movie you saw?

Asylum was a decent anthology horror from Amicus. There was no real standout episode but the acting was of a good standard and the overall package was pleasant and professionally executed.

I bought the Avatar extended version last night, but the second disc didn't work. Bugger!!

..and the worst film ever made.:mad:

Film4 have just shown, 'The Dark is Rising : The Seeker.'

Unfortunately, I read the book, unlike David L. Cunningham who directed this pile of sh*t and proved that Christopher Ecclestone was desperate for cash after, 'Dr Who,' and Ian McShane will bend over and drop his trousers for anyone who gives him money.

This is a travesty, substituting special effects and American accents for Susan Cooper's excellent work.

What really hurt was the daft, but loveable and artistic, Max being turned into a bully, but that was symptomatic of this director's treatment of the large (Will had eight siblings), chaotic, but loving and close-knit Buckinghamshire Stanton family.

Last edited:
Asylum was a decent anthology horror from Amicus. There was no real standout episode but the acting was of a good standard and the overall package was pleasant and professionally executed.

Great movie, when I was a kid, I thought the story which had the wrapped body parts moving around was truely disturbing and freaky!

..and the worst film ever made.:mad:

Film4 have just shown, 'The Dark is Rising : The Seeker.'

Unfortunately, I read the book, unlike David L. Cunningham who directed this pile of sh*t and proved that Christopher Ecclestone was desperate for cash after, 'Dr Who,' and Ian McShane will bend over and drop his trousers for anyone who gives him money.

This is a travesty, substituting special effects and American accents for Susan Cooper's excellent work.

What really hurt was the daft, but loveable and artistic, Max being turned into a bully, but that was symptomatic of this director's treatment of the large (Will had eight siblings), chaotic, but loving and close-knit Buckinghamshire Stanton family.

No oscar nominations here then ;)

Great movie, when I was a kid, I thought the story which had the wrapped body parts moving around was truely disturbing and freaky!
Heh. I'm sure if I had seen it as a kid I would have had the lights on at night for a month. I found a lesser effort like The House That Dripped Blood scary then.

After a lot of hints, Mrs Perp. managed to get me to watch The Deathly Hallows.

Have to say I rather enjoyed it, shame about it ending halfway through, and I wish I'd taken some tissue, for Mrs Perp, of course...

A Clockwork Orange
I'm sure its a good film but i dont like it. Im not comfortable with gratuitous violence, just turns me off, especially rape. But theres parts of it that work (this is a Kubrick film after all) and one or two references to 2001! In a record store theres an LP of the soundtrack and much later he drinks drugged wine from the same crystal goblet as the end of 2001!
Yep I'm a geek ;)

Those magnificent men in their flying machines as good as ever :D

Just caught bits of this on tv- I remember watching it as a kid,always near christmas. I forgot it was set in 1910, and so crass now!
It was always on with Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World and i guess I confuse the two.

Run for the Sun - crazy Nazi quisling Trevor Howard and his faithful mass-murdering side-kick Peter Van Eyck chase poor ole Richard Widmark all over the shop in a hilariously bad film that even I couldn't see through to the end. Yep.

Last film I saw was Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. Made me cry with laughter.

Awesome film in it's cheapness. I especially like the fact they reuse the same footage about four times, within minutes of each other. Still much fun was had watching it (with friends and alcohol).

Watched 30 Days of Might: Dark Days this evening. Mostly good, I really should get a hold of the graphic novels sometime. Oh, and horrah for vampires that actually rip peoples throats out, instead of the glittery stalking emo virgins that seem to be the current crop of vampires.