DISCUSSION THREAD -- June 2024 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

The Judge

Truth. Order. Moderation.
Staff member
Supporter
Courtesy of May's winner, johnnyjet, the June thread is now up and open!

Theme: LIGHT
Genre: OPEN

For the theme, johnnyjet confirms "light" can be used in any of its definitions. For the genre, he actually noted it as "Anything Goes!" but I thought if I wrote that, I'd have the damn song in my head all day again... oh, damn and blast!

Good luck, everyone!

Of course, any definition of "light" is fair game. And bonus points if you can somehow include more than one definition. (However, bonus points don't really get you anything except a pat on the back.)

Of course, any definition of "light" is fair game. And bonus points if you can somehow include more than one definition. (However, bonus points don't really get you anything except a pat on the back.)
I'm not falling for that again... opens second tab and searches for obscure definitions of 'light'.

EDIT: LIGHT - adjective - frivolous - sexually promiscuous - wait, what?

When you say ‘light’ do you mean light as in b-wing starfighters?

As opposed to the heavier (and vastly superior) Y-wing?

I never knew there were bonus points! Where is the bonus points ladder kept?

As opposed to the heavier (and vastly superior) Y-wing?
As yes, the Y-wings, so superior they were lovingly known as,

(checks notes: BTL Y-wing starfighter)

"wallowing pigs"

Not that being nicknamed after swine is necessarily a bad thing (looking at you, A-10 Thunderbolt II), but the Y-wing was as much a bomber as it was a starfighter, much more in its element dropping ordnance on static targets in atmosphere or disabling capital ships with their ion cannons.

If you want something small and agile to go toe to toe with some TIEs, though, get yourself an A-wing.

edit: sorry for the nerd dump, just keeping things, er, light

As yes, the Y-wings, so superior they were lovingly known as,

(checks notes: BTL Y-wing starfighter)

"wallowing pigs"

Not that being nicknamed after swine is necessarily a bad thing (looking at you, A-10 Thunderbolt II), but the Y-wing was as much a bomber as it was a starfighter, much more in its element dropping ordnance on static targets in atmosphere or disabling capital ships with their ion cannons.

If you want something small and agile to go toe to toe with some TIEs, though, get yourself an A-wing.

edit: sorry for the nerd dump, just keeping things, er, light
Too old to fly an A-wing! Unless Captain Pike was leading the wing... in which case, sign me on. ;) Well, @Phyrebrat, you on board?

Great theme, jj!

A happier-than-normal (for me) story popped into my head, so I'm in. Enjoying this month's Challenge, good luck all, CC

Too old to fly an A-wing!
Well, I won't be flying either; I've played Star Wars Squadrons on a HOTAS, and trust me, nobody wants me flying.

I'd be the gruff-but-lovable mechanic back at base always whining about the flyboys bringing back my ships with new holes from weaponized, er, light.

Well, I won't be flying either; I've played Star Wars Squadrons on a HOTAS, and trust me, nobody wants me flying.

I'd be the gruff-but-lovable mechanic back at base always whining about the flyboys bringing back my ships with new holes from weaponized, er, light.
That’s how I play — on my second HOTAS now! Playing fleet battles in VR with a HOTAS is just indescribable joy. I’m lethal unless I have to fly for the Empire ;)

*If @Victoria Silverwolf hasn't entered yet (and she hasn't) it must mean this is her week of computer fasting. (She does not use her computer [maybe just not entertainment?] for a week.)

@Provincial .... Professor Binfire and the Dark Light Fright Night .... A story which left me chuckling and considering something similar.

@THX1138 .... Yet, Again .... A story which left me groaning in commiseration.

@Cat's Cradle .... In the Privacy of a Suburban Home's Bathroom .... A story which left me thinking of the wonders of the future and the wonders of all time.

Back