DISCUSSION THREAD -- JUNE 2023 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

The Judge

Truth. Order. Moderation.
Staff member
Supporter
This month's 75 Worder is brought to you courtesy of May's winner, johnnyjet!

Theme: Construction, Destruction, or Deconstruction
Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, or Horror

Good luck, everyone!

So as you can see, I couldn't decide between 3 different themes. :)

You can select any one of the three themes, construction, destruction, or deconstruction. However, a tougher challenge would be using 2 of the 3 themes. And the toughest challenge of all would be using all 3 themes in one 75 word story. No pressure though.

So as you can see, I couldn't decide between 3 different themes. :)

You can select any one of the three themes, construction, destruction, or deconstruction. However, a tougher challenge would be using 2 of the 3 themes. And the toughest challenge of all would be using all 3 themes in one 75 word story. No pressure though.
Grrrrr... you've put the additional challenge out now.

Accepted - there are lots of words that rhyme with those. Time for an awful poem?

And now I realized everyone is going to expect me to take the toughest challenge! What have I done?
Now hold on there. My brain can only handle so much. Two choices maybe, but three? Ouch! o_O

Regardless my friend, thanks for making it interesting. :D

Done.

A whole heap of 'tion'​

I feel it is a matter of regurgitation,
To bring back all this conflagration,
Some things are a matter of destruction,
A little few could be inspiration,
Although some may say deconstruction,
That could be down to deliberation,
We all suffer from argumentation,
There is no mitigation,
There could be justification,
To seek a point of resolution,
Is just down to all reaching validation,
No one needs a qualification,
To reach that point of construction.

@BigJ .... Myths, or self-fulfilling prophecies . . . .... A story which makes me consider the truth of the statement that "You always get what you're looking for."

I think I managed all three in mine: destruction, deconstruction, construction (sort of).

@Victoria Silverwolf .... Heaven Can Wait .... Victoria writes a story that leaves me chuckling, and yet somehow almost seems more probable than possible.

@THX1138 .... Refuges No More .... THX writes a story which reminds us of some classic TV, and probably a little more probable than that premise.

@Justin Swanton .... Plan B is a good plan .... Justin paints a story built on bleakness and it's might be inevitable.

@Christine Wheelwright .... The Starship with Nine Lives .... Christine writes a clever piece for nerds who love an ironic turn.

@Astro Pen .... Material Storage .... Astro Pen puts a lie to the gripe that there's no new ideas in Science Fiction that and everything else will be wiped away.

---------

My goodness, this is a quicker start than usual. Could it be that there's a lot of people who like tearing things up and MAYBE putting them back together again?

@Guttersnipe .... Unfinished Business .... Guttersnipe has written us a story of a horror gone wrong, or did it?

There's me... another cheery one.
Sorry, Parson - I destroyed only, didn't put anything back together. ;)

Good luck with your writing to all yet to enter. I enjoyed writing to your prompts, johnnyjet!

@Justin Swanton .... Plan B is a good plan .... Justin paints a story built on bleakness and it might be inevitable.
That bad? I though it was cautiously optimistic. Human civilisation without tech. It worked OK for thousands of years. IMHO it's absolutely inevitable: cheap energy and with it our techno-industrial civilisation is kaput once oil, coal, natural gas and uranium run out sometime this century. Renewable energy requires a huge infrastructure, notably vast battery arrays, that will require way too much effort to maintain. But that's off-topic. Sorry.

Justin Swanton constructs a tale of appropriate technology.

Christine Wheelwright constructs a tale of multiplicity.

Astro Pen constructs a tale of claiming property rights.

Guttersnipe constructs a tale of retribution.

Cat's Cradle constructs a tale of betrayal.

Daysman constructs a tale of retaining power.

Back