DISCUSSION THREAD -- JUNE 2022 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

Bowler1 goes in search of Parson to get back his mass of flowers from last month - I need inspiration, give me back my flame thrower flowers.
You'll find them nicely flash frozen on the dark side of the moon.

Removed, since we are not supposed to mention our own entries until after judging. :oops:

Last edited:
Yes, good theme and genre. I think I prefer writing fantasy rather than science fiction, as (for me) there seems to be a better scope for humour. Great to see a few entries already, and this month's theme should lead to some very interesting and varied stories.

Astro Pen: A clever story reminding us that no good deed goes unpunished.

Cat's Cradle: A moving account of a final gesture of hope.

Christine Wheelwright: A bittersweet fairy tale of love and remorse.

Guttersnipe: An intriguing suggestion of mutual threat and animosity.

paranoid marvin: A droll variation on a familiar theme, with a twist.

Good heavens five stories in and the bar already set so high!

Speaking of the bar going back down, I was thinking of using a Wicker Man theme and including the old joke:

Q What do you call a man with a plank on his head?
A Ed'wood
Q What do you call a man with three planks of wood on his head?
A Ed'wood wood wood

Geddit?

@Astro Pen .... You can mention your story. I finished my story and I had a really hard time getting it under 75 words or there's something hidden in my story. What you can't say is something like: "I hope everyone understands that Charlie in my story is a kind of Batman clone."

---------

@Cat's Cradle .... Oak and Adze .... The C. Cradle reminds us that a psychic gift is best when used to serve another.

@Christine Wheelwright .... The Weeping Willows .... C. Wheel helps us to understand the reason some willows weep.

@Guttersnipe .... Pruning the Family Tree .... G. Snipe points out that some threats are more graphic than literary.

@paranoid marvin .... Trading Places .... P. Marv lets us know that there might be a new line to an old rhyme. "Beans, beans, the magical fruit. The more you trade. The more she hoots."

@Victoria Silverwolf .... Revelation .... V. Silver reminds us that the Creator's ways are not always clear to us.

Bowler1 is confused, what have Pink Floyd got to do with anything?

That Parson is one crazy diamond!

Speaking of the bar going back down, I was thinking of using a Wicker Man theme and including the old joke:

Q What do you call a man with a plank on his head?
A Ed'wood
Q What do you call a man with three planks of wood on his head?
A Ed'wood wood wood

Geddit?

I’m embarrassed to admit I don’t :unsure:

Back