TV,DVD,Streaming, 2022?

I heard that there where more SHERLOCK fans in China then where people who lived
In Britain.

I've been streaming 1883 starring Isabelle May, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, and Sam Elliott. It's supposedly set in the world of Yellowstone. It is rated 9.1 on ImBd with 25,000+ votes. 1883 (TV Series 2021– ) - IMDb

Here's my Google review:

This is a world class gritty Western. It is not for children. This is "adult" fare in the truest sense of the word. Adult themes are explored sexually, but only slightly. The unrelenting beat of violence and tragedy stalk each episode. Each character develops, and some in surprising ways.

This drama is listed as a kind of prequel to Yellowstone. I have not watched Yellowstone and can't imagine how watching what happens a 140 years later would effect this story.

----

Anyone else watching this?

Last edited:
I am watching 1883 as well. I am now 3 episodes in and it looks really good, very realistic (I think, I never did a trek West.)

As a kid I read several books (by Louwrens Penning) about the Boer in South Africa as they did their trek with wagons North, over rough terrain and mountains and through Zulu land. Adventure! Except when you are in the middle of it. Misery and death is more likely, when and where ignorance and naivety will kill you.

@Elckerlyc -- I agree that this is very true to life. Except that as you get further into the story you have to wonder how anyone will survive. I am now caught up (Episode 7 of 10?) and I have found each episode to be unrelentingly tense. You keep wondering what shoe is going to drop next.

Historically, it is solid, but as the story has pointed out, more people are headed west by steam engine than wagon train in 1883. I would count as something about 1890 as the last of the "true west" culture, after that at least in towns and cities it is more like the rest of the world than before.

Last edited:
TV show TOTAL RECALL 2070:THE COMPLETE SERIES. 1999.Hard to find .Basically Blade Runner.

I've been streaming 1883 starring Isabelle May, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, and Sam Elliott. It's supposedly set in the world of Yellowstone. It is rated 9.1 on ImBd with 25,000+ votes. 1883 (TV Series 2021– ) - IMDb

Here's my Google review:

This is a world class gritty Western. It is not for children. This is "adult" fare in the truest sense of the word. Adult themes are explored sexually, but only slightly. The unrelenting beat of violence and tragedy stalk each episode. Each character develops, and some in surprising ways.

This drama is listed as a kind of prequel to Yellowstone. I have not watched Yellowstone and can't imagine how watching what happens a 140 years later would effect this story.

----

Anyone else watching this?
Love 1883. When the series finishes, which I hope it won't, I'll be putting this into my permanent library. Great show. Terrific review, Parson.

OK, looked awhile ago, couldn't find any, I see it is out there now but too expensive for me.

Looking forward to THE EXPANSE SEASON 4,BETTER CALL SAUL SEASON 6, and THE ORVILLE SEASON 3.

Watched the first episode of Suspicion on Apple Plus. I thought it was a slow started but did hold my interest. Will check out episode 2 soon.

The Economist magazine called the Streming companies 'The Battle for the Eyeballs. '

The Economist magazine called the Streming companies 'The Battle for the Eyeballs. '
Just this. But right now we are all winners if you can afford to buy streaming services.

Suspicion has lived up to it's hype for me. I am now 4? episodes in and this is one taunt thriller. It has wheels within wheels. You suspect and slowly learn that there is more to each person and their story than what meets the eye. Each episode there is another piece revealed and it almost always blows all my neat little framework to smithereens.

I have not enjoyed a TV comedy since Home Improvement. But that may be changing. I've watched the first two installments of Ted Lasso and I am loving the good hearted dufus who loves with all his heart and wants to be a good guy, dealing with the blasé urban professionals who seem to think that anything "good" is a cover for what is "really" happening. I'm hoping that this develops the way I suspicion it will.