(Found) looking for an old science fiction with setting similar to Ego, the father of Stardlord in Guardian of Galaxy

jkjljljkl

The story should be written before 2008 when Plato is still considered as a planet.
The protagonist is a kid born on Plato.
Since the protagonist wants to visit his/her ill mother who is currently taking treatment in a hospital in Neptune, he/she and his/her friends steal a spaceship and try to fly to Orientation. However, the spaceship detours and lands on an unknown planet, which is covered by things like gigantic blood veins or plant roots. Then the protagonist realized that it is one of his/her friends, let's call him B, who secretly changes the destination from Neptune to this unknown planet. B brings the kids to the underground and reaches the heart of the planet. B confesses to the team that he is the child of the planet: it turns out that the planet is a creature and periodically this creature shoots its invisible seeds out into space. One of the seeds reached the solar system and accidentally parasitized on B when B was an infant. Since then B always heard a voice from his heart calling him to "go home". Thereby, when kids stole the spaceship and B just took the chance.
In the end, the kids help the seed leave B's body and return to its parent's side. Then they head back to the solar system

It does sound a bit like Ego in Guardian s

It also sounds a bit like old golden age science fiction story written in the 1940's and 50's :unsure:

By the way , welcome Chons, the best fan book website online . There are lot of fun silly topics in the Playroom section and on Chones . we take our silliness quite seriously. :cool: But mostly we take bout books and stories and authors we like, :)

It does sound a bit like Ego in Guardian s

It also sounds a bit like old golden age science fiction story written in the 1940's and 50's :unsure:

By the way , welcome Chons, the best fan book website online . There are lot of fun silly topics in the Playroom section and on Chones . we take our silliness quite seriously. :cool: But mostly we take bout books and stories and authors we like, :)
Thanks! Actually I do think this fiction should be quite old. I read the fiction from a sci-fi collection book, and I just found another story in that collection during my google search, which is Poul Anderson's Planet of No Return.

Thanks! Actually I do think this fiction should be quite old. I read the fiction from a sci-fi collection book, and I just found another story in that collection during my google search, which is Poul Anderson's Planet of No Return.

If I may offer a suggestion for anthologies

Before the Golden Age edited by Issac Asimov. It has stories but water well known and little known. My gavotte one in this collection is Born of the Sun by Jack Williamson who was one of the all time greats in science fiction . he invented therm Terraforming and genetic Engineering

Galactic Empires volume 1 and 2 edited by Brain Aldiss. Stories written in the 1950 by lots of well know writers and this too is a really good collection. my favorite in this ones All the Way Back by Michal Shaara He eventual abandoned science fiction altogether to write mostly Historical novel like The Killer Angels . he was a great writer and I wish he's kept writing science fiction .

These may not have what your looking for by that are terrific anthologies with great stories.:cool:

Poul Anderson is also wel represented the Brain Aldiss Edited anthogy . Two stores particular . The Star Plunderers and Lord of a Thousands Suns both fun to read stories.:cool: Those two stories got me hooked on Poul Anderson . He was great writer. I love his novel The High Crusade ,its one the funniest alien invasion novels ive ever read ! :D Also. his novel The Broken Sword is one of the great fantasy novels ever written. , it came out about the same time as LOTR. He also a did amn outstanding Conan Pastiche. Conan the Liberator which is in its own right a terrific fantasy novel in its own right . Anderson could do both genres and do them very well . Also by him I recommend the Ensign Dominic Flandry Novels.:cool:

Just recalled another detail
If I may offer a suggestion for anthologies

Before the Golden Age edited by Issac Asimov. It has stories but water well known and little known. My gavotte one in this collection is Born of the Sun by Jack Williamson who was one of the all time greats in science fiction . he invented therm Terraforming and genetic Engineering

Galactic Empires volume 1 and 2 edited by Brain Aldiss. Stories written in the 1950 by lots of well know writers and this too is a really good collection. my favorite in this ones All the Way Back by Michal Shaara He eventual abandoned science fiction altogether to write mostly Historical novel like The Killer Angels . he was a great writer and I wish he's kept writing science fiction .

These may not have what your looking for by that are terrific anthologies with great stories.:cool:
Thanks! I just found the fiction! it is from Sakyo Komatsu, the author of Japan Sinks

Also of Interest

When Worlds Collide Edwin Balmer and Phillip Wylie Adapted for the big screen by George Pal in 1951

Balmer and Wylie also wrote a sequel After Worlds Collide:cool:

Back