DISCUSSION THREAD -- February 2020 -- 75-Word Writing Challenge

So many great entries this month to chose from. I am glad my topic inspired a lovely bunch of stories.
From the start, I knew that @Teresa Edgerton was going to be the one to beat, it just hit all the buttons for me. So it got my vote. Having said that, there were many others that I really enjoyed— @Cat's Cradle , @M. Robert Gibson ,@Victoria Silverwolf ,@Marvin — for the more somber takes on the theme, and @Hugh , @Mr Orange , and @TheDustyZebra for adding the chuckle.
Thanks to everyone who participated in February’s Romantic 75!

Manny thanks for all the mentions and a Mr Creosote sized thanks to @olive for the vote an @dannymcg and @DannMcGrew for the stealth votes.

Now i need to find time and space to read the other entries and vote. The arrival of a new family member and subsequent arrival of existing members of the Spanish half of the family this week has distracted me somewhat.

The arrival of a new family member and subsequent arrival of existing members of the Spanish half of the family this week has distracted me somewhat.

Sounds like congratulations are in order! Happy new arrival!

A rather overwhelming array of talent displayed here this month.

With all due respect for the serious, (bleeding) heartfelt romances; I guess that the 5th or 6th times reading through I wasn't feeling so sentimental any more.

A special honorable mention to @StilLearning for an epic opening line: "I hope this postcard finds you doing less shrieking and tying people up."

A friendly "snort" to @dannymcg 's rudely interrupted dream.

A nudge and a wink to @Mr Orange 's Homage to the Pythons.

And a Vote for @Hugh 's warm reminder that... somewhere... on earth there is a perfect Love for each and every one of us; no matter how hideous we may be.

A rather overwhelming array of talent displayed here this month.

With all due respect for the serious, (bleeding) heartfelt romances; I guess that the 5th or 6th times reading through I wasn't feeling so sentimental any more.

A special honorable mention to @StilLearning for an epic opening line: "I hope this postcard finds you doing less shrieking and tying people up."

A friendly "snort" to @dannymcg 's rudely interrupted dream.

A nudge and a wink to @Mr Orange 's Homage to the Pythons.

And a Vote for @Hugh 's warm reminder that... somewhere... on earth there is a perfect Love for each and every one of us; no matter how hideous we may be.
:D I was unsure of almost everything about this month's challenge, but I was sure that line needed to see the light of day :D

Two reasons why:

To get this over and done with.
To use "her pert bosoms sprang up" in a story.

Can I just throw in a vote for public decency here, and say I was rather surprised to see something that explicit in a family-friendly forum? I don't know if anybody here except me actually minds...maybe I'm the only one? Or are there people (like me, until now) only waiting to see if someone else will mention it first before they say anything?

If, sadly, I'm the only one, then whatever.

Back