Discussion Thread November 2019 75 Word Writing Challenge.

A completely new genre and theme. Not sure how I put them together but should be interesting.

I may actually have an idea for this, however it is in danger of being a little cliche.

Really, GoldSpelling, do you expect me to talk (and say when my birthday is)?

Great genre choice, @Margaret Note Spelling. And I like the quirkiness of the theme, as well. :)

I like this!
I was thinking of a scenario similar to this a few weeks ago for another challenge, it didn't pan out but I might revive the bare bones of it.

83 words, almost there

Last edited:
A telling choice given we're 'celebrating' the 100th birthday of GCHQ...

Excellent...

I'm really sorry--what's GCHQ? There was nothing referential in the choice, I promise! I'll try a guess.... Giant Compilation of Horrible Quips? General Cinematographic Headquarters? (I could do this all day. My sister and I saw a label "BHT included" on a package of pepperoni and within several seconds translated it as Bio-Hazardous Trash.)

Anyway--I'm glad you all like my choices! I really look forward to seeing just what you guys do with it. I think that might possibly be the best part of winning these challenges, is getting to issue the next one and watch what everybody's diverse imaginations come up with. Am I right? :p

(For the record, I don't even know what I'm going to do yet.)

I'm really sorry--what's GCHQ? There was nothing referential in the choice, I promise! I'll try a guess.... Giant Compilation of Horrible Quips? General Cinematographic Headquarters? (I could do this all day. My sister and I saw a label "BHT included" on a package of pepperoni and within several seconds translated it as Bio-Hazardous Trash.)

Anyway--I'm glad you all like my choices! I really look forward to seeing just what you guys do with it. I think that might possibly be the best part of winning these challenges, is getting to issue the next one and watch what everybody's diverse imaginations come up with. Am I right? :p

(For the record, I don't even know what I'm going to do yet.)

‘Government Communications Headquarters’.

Basically, it’s the home of British spying. A bit like the Pentagon.

I got the theme and genre. Thank you.
I just no idea how I'm going to write it. lol. Maybe an idea will come to me.
Hopefully.

Great start to the Challenge! Very nice story, reiver33 - so well written.
And I must say, Victoria Silverwolf, a remarkably cool solution/reveal to your tale, once I Googled. Very clever - a great story.
(I'm a little intimidated right now. ;))

I tried the simplest, straight thing I can think of. I'm a stranger to this genre. But it looks like a tricky one. It was fun. :)

Back