Discussion Thread -- April 2017 75-word Writing Challenge

@Andrew Lambert .... brings us to a Fantasy World where the games are real, but whether life is real is somewhat more of a question when you find you are "Monopolising."

Andrew, I'm just glad we weren't playing Risk.

@Dave Barsby .... In Dave's world this question is answered "What if peace breaks out?" The answer is that you start playing namby pamby games which will bore you to death when you find yourself "Sheathing the Sword."

Dave B. I'm glad you didn't decide to sit this one out.

Of Fun and Dwarves, @Joshua Jones – Love is in ‘short’ supply in this tale of grumpy dwarfs and terrified elves. I guess they prefer armour to amor...

Monopolising. @Andrew Lambert – There are no trivial pursuits in this tale of risk and reward. Whilst you may have to scrabble for survival or need to get a clue, when life is a game, you’re never board.

Sheathing The Sword, @Dave Barsby – When all your enemies have been laid low, there’s no point harping on about it – it’s time to carve yourself a new niche.

Well i'm in. not quick enough to get on here to beat victoria's lightning review. many thanks for that!

as i suspected the fonts don't really work on a mobile device. oh well hope that doesn't make it too confusing. and at least it came out how i wanted it on the PC

@Mr Orange .... in fantasy as in real life, when the player is dumb, strong, and lucky, it probably leads to "The Unfortunate Destruction of the Realm of Flemëros."

Oops, I was just assembling a Discussion Thread.

No matter what you do now, Overlord, you David, are a winner with me right at this moment. Because ironically, if I had won a 75 Challenge, I was planning to construct the exact same THEME, but leave an open genre. I feel like I had won the previous contest (in a personal way). However, having gotten what I wanted, I am having a little trouble narrowing down a single interest. And, even though I've got a rough draft written already, I'm still thinking about other options.

I made sure I gave you a "like" on your first post on this thread, to show my joy about us thinking on the same level. It just goes to show, that there are many layers and levels within the line between Evil and Benevolence.

-Many thanks from, The Beast From the Stars

Well, my entries in. Unusually early for me but with the Easter holiday coming up, when we're away, I thought I'd better post early rather than in a rush when we get back.

The same with the 300. I think for the first time ever I've got something ready on the 10th. I see U.M. has just opened up the 300 so I'm off to do some word counting.

@mosaix .... shows us Middle Earth in the time before. When you give Gollum a ring he covets it shouldn't be hard to imagine "What Could Possibly Go Wrong."

@Stable .... brings us to the nice sedate pass time of fishing. But when you are using a cow for bait your story has to begin "It Was Thiiiiiiiiis Big!"

@johnnyjet .... Not everyone needs to have an expensive game console to take a break at work. Johnnyjet has found that with heavy eyelids "The World is a Cheap Video Game with Clunky Graphics."

My grandsons are playing Mine Craft and if those graphics are part of a winner, my days of gaming are permanently over.

@Peter V .... Even the underworld lords can explore their softer creative side with some "Demon Down Time."

For a Parson, your story is just wrong on so many levels! But good story anyway. :)

@Cory Swanson .... Some leisure activities eat up your whole day, making it just "Pointless."

@Peter V .... Even the underworld lords can explore their softer creative side with some "Demon Down Time."

For a Parson, your story is just wrong on so many levels! But good story anyway. :)

I hope the story works on more than one level too.. sneaking in historical characters is something I cheekily like to do, although rarely get the chance to ;)

@ErikB .... brings more than a touch too much realism into "Dwarves, Dice, and unbelievable Fantasy role playing games."

Back