Discussion Thread -- May 2016 75-word Writing Challenge

I've been away but if I'd been intime for a vote it would of been a re read and re read this month. Well done everybody.

I've been away but if I'd been intime for a vote it would of been a re read and re read this month. Well done everybody.

You're still in time for voting -- it ends tomorrow (28th) at midnight GMT. That is to say, the end of the 28th, not the start of it. :D

Thanks to go along with the "likes" for all the lovely people who have mentioned my story, and the largest of all thanks to Shyrka and Luiglin for the votes! :D

Another special mention to new member JohnnyAppleseed for the use of "balloonicorns" -- my new favorite word! :p (And I just got my daughter a Pusheenicorn for her birthday, so that may be your fault.)

*CC -- Suffering*
Bowler -- No More Tomorrows
Shyrka -- Finding Tomorrow
VB -- The Eternal Optimist
chrispy -- Internal Memo...
Remedy -- Companions for Life and Death
Perp -- The Tale of Saynt and Dargon
StilLearning -- Tomorrow is.....
Robert Mackay -- Time at the Bar
mosaix -- Office Politics at Time Travel Inc

johnnyjet -- Forecast
Moonbat -- Nineteen Nanoseconds Per Second

As difficult as ever, though also as ever there were more than a few stories that I didn't understand. Anyway, my shortlist:

Bowler1 -- No More Tomorrows
Cascade -- A Greater Cause
HazelRah -- Remission
LittleStar -- Not Tomorrow
reiver33 -- Yesterday's Cabaret
Remedy -- Companions for Life and Death
Robert Mackay -- Time at the Bar
TheDustyZebra -- Miscarriage of Justice

After changing my mind a good many times, I finally decided on Robert's story-- I loved the idea of the different times as characters in a pub, and the final sentence sealed it for me.

And abnih-those-wrinkles reverse-ageing thanks for the mentions/shortlistings Parson (extra thanks for the kind words and making me runner-up -- I knew I should have demanded two votes this month!), Droflet, Hazel, sinister, johnnyjet,, Wruter, CC and Heijan.

Thanks for the listings johnnyjet and CC.

I almost voted for Johnny Appleseed, but my vote eventually went to TDZ.

With the rather prosaic non-miracle that is daylight saving, I was able to vote on the 29th (BST) in a poll that closes on the 28th (GMT), so sometime it is tomorrow.... Anyway, here are the decisions of the Ursa jury:

Honourable Mentions:
  • Suffering by Cat's Cradle
  • Just in Time by Cathbad
  • No more tomorrows by Bowler1
  • Time At The Bar by Robert MAckay
Runners Up:
  • Tomorrow is..... by StilLearning
  • Office Politics at Time Travel Inc. by mosaix
  • Miscarriage of Justice by TheDustyZebra
Winner:
  • Remission by HazelRah

(In the above, each category is ordered by time of posting.)

The poll is now closed, and we have a winner:

Congratulations, StilLearning!

polls_Congratulations__0907_0510_549393_answer_2_xlarge.jpg

@StilLearning !

Big thanks to Ashleyne and crystal haven for the lovely votes that have slipped in since I was here last! :D

Congratulations to StilLearning! Nicely done! :cool:

That's two wins for you StillLearning. Maybe it's time to change your handle. Well done.

Congrats, StilLearning.

Thanks for the people at mentioned my story, no votes this time I don't think, but mentions are more than enough.

I gave a ninja vote last night

:ninja:

(I thought I still had a couple of days to vote :unsure:) Hope got my vote, I loved the idea behind it from the first. Hazelrah and Robert were both very close to taking the top spot from Hope though.

I do have to agree with Phyre though, Robert, revoltingly envious is a good way of putting it :rolleyes:

Back