Discussion Thread -- May 2016 75-word Writing Challenge

Childish banter is what makes this a fun place. (You will notice there is no penalty for bold print!) :p

According to standards bold should only be used to emphasize key word(s) or phrases and not entire sentences. As such reported for making an entire sentence bold ;)

I'll get round to voting soon.

There were good stories in this selection, as usual. Always hard to pick one but I try for the one that catches my attention.

The short list:
Victoria Silverwolf-Tomorrow-It brings a new and fresh perspective.
J5V-Timely Dispatch-COuld be the start of a fun story.
Glen-Don Not Prress The Red Button-A funny little tale with a sort of Yoda flavor.
Droflet-Offspring-An interesting look into parenthood and the choice between good and evil.

I won't say who or what story I voted for only that it caught my attention because while it started off depressing, it ended with a little comedy.

Thanks to @Vaz for the mention. I'm struggling to find the time to run through the stories again and collate my thoughts. I think I have a favourite already though!

Reactions: Vaz
*does the vote dance*

Thanks vaz!

Still working on my list and vote.

Thanks also for the other mentions, I'm pretty sure I hit you all up with likes. :)

Reactions: Vaz
It's so hard culling stories, for my lists. Another good month, everyone! So...

Shortlist:
hopewrites, Bowler1, Glen, Heijan Xavier, Remedy, TDZ, Starbeast, TJ

Finalists:
Ashleyne, StilLearning, Robert Mackay, Johnny Appleseed.

Vote: Johnny Appleseed. I thought this was really charming...a very nice idea, JA! :)

Thank you, Vaz, for the mention! Looks like another close race...best of luck all! CC

The long and short of it...

Long: Moonbat, Perp, Jo, Cascade

Short: Bowler, Glen, Venusian Broon, Chris, Remedy, Still Learning

Vote: Starbeast, not only because every tomorrow should have chocolate, but for capturing the essence of the contrast between how we view the present we have, and the tomorrows we wish for. For drole cynicism capped with lively and hope filled wit.

To Summarize:

Very Longlist
Victoria Silverwolf
Hopewrites
Glen
Old-Man-Steve-2016
Perpetual Man
Chrispenycate
StillLearning
Mr. Orange
Mosaix
Sinister42
Robert Mackay
Johnny Appleseed
Ursa Major
Bob Senior
Parson
The Judge

Longlist
Victoria Silverwolf
Glen
StillLearning
Mr. Orange
Mosaix
Robert Mackay
Bob Senior
Parson

Shortlist
Victoria Silverwolf
Mr. Orange
Mosaix
Robert Mackay

Finalists
Mr. Orange
Mosaix

Vote Getter:

Mr. Orange

See the thread link in my post above for the complete story line.

Back