September 2016 100 Word Anonymous Writing Challenge Discussion Thread

mosaix

Shropshire, U.K.
Supporter
Droflet has come up with a theme and genre for September. Do we have a volunteer for hosting it?

That should say 'Writing' Challenge. Any mod around?

I wondered what a driving challenge was going to be! (I could have dusted off my matchmaking traffic lights!)

OK, under the direction of our wise and mighty Droflet, we have something to write about and somewhere for me to put it when you have.

Our Theme will be MISTAKES, our Genre will be OPEN, but it's got to be HUMOROUS!!

Send 'em to me, I'll launder them, and post them up in the Challenge Thread for all to see.

I should also mention that it's an Australian flavoured Challenge this month, so there might be some slight time delays between you sending and me posting. What with most of you being in the WRONG timezone. ;)

On to the main event, here comes our first entry, smeared in Vegemite:

Out of the Highchair

*dashes in late and out of breath, with pens and pencils sticking at odd angles out of her hair and spreadsheets flopping about like mad albatross's in her arms*

Oh.

I said August was busy for me. One minute it's the 12th and I've time to write something, voting and guessing are both weeks off, and the next minute it's the 6th and I've missed all AND lost my chance to host.

Arriving in the tray of a V8 ute, its

Conclusion of Jayne Krakov's Newscast: To Interview a Superhero
and
A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S COMEDY OF ERRORS, AS YOU LIKE IT

This one was torn to pieces by Tasmanian Devils, but I patched it back together and so we have,

Just One of Those Nights

If Starbeast doesn't win this one I'll eat my socks. (My special edible socks that I keep for such occasions.)

What flavor are those socks?

Heh heh. Thanks for the awesome comment, Wruter. But my chances are the same as everyone else's. I've written a bunch of other comical stories and received only a few votes. I don't think about the votes much, I just like to write for the fun of it. However, if I get a pleasant comment by someone about what I've created, then that makes me feel like a winner inside.
:D Happy, happy, joy, joy.

What flavor are those socks?

Heh heh. Thanks for the awesome comment, Wruter. But my chances are the same as everyone else's. I've written a bunch of other comical stories and received only a few votes. I don't think about the votes much, I just like to write for the fun of it. However, if I get a pleasant comment by someone about what I've created, then that makes me feel like a winner inside.
:D Happy, happy, joy, joy.

Agreed, having fun is the most important thing and I always enjoy the humor in your writing.

The socks don't have a lot of flavor but they are gluten free and suitable for vegetarians.

Agreed, having fun is the most important thing and I always enjoy the humor in your writing.

The socks don't have a lot of flavor but they are gluten free and suitable for vegetarians.

Socks work great as a substitute for coffee filters too. And thanks for the comment, bro. You made my day.

Out of the Highchair -- The author plays upon the reader's expectations in this practical joke of a story.

Conclusion of Jayne Krakov's Newscast: To Interview a Superhero -- This rowdy farce makes the reader consider the hazards of human enhancement.

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S COMEDY OF ERRORS, AS YOU LIKE IT -- This pastiche of the Bard may encourage one to revisit the original.

Just One of Those Nights -- The power of the spoken word, even unintentionally, is demonstrated in this droll tale.