Fear The Walking Dead [Warning: Contains spoilers for Seasons up to S6]

Fear the Walking Dead has been renewed for a seventh season at AMC. The zombie series is currently in the middle of its Season 6 hiatus, having aired its final episode from Season 6A in November, one episode short of its originally planned 8-episode half-season due to the delays production faced from the coronavirus pandemic. The seventh season will begin production in 2021 and likely air in late 2021 or begin early in 2022. No official date has been revealed yet for production or premiere. There are 9 episodes remaining in Fear the Walking Dead's sixth season, starting to air in early 2021.
Fear The Walking Dead Renewed For Season 7

Fear the Walking Dead continues with "shocks, scares, heartbreaks" when Season 6 returns on April 11, teases executive producer Scott Gimple. In the nine-episode second half of the Walking Dead spin-off's sixth season, Morgan Jones (Lennie James) must reassemble his group of zombie apocalypse survivors separated by Virginia (Colby Minifie). When we last saw them, Morgan regrouped with Alicia (Alycia Debnam-Carey) and Charlie (Alexa Nisenson), and Ranger Victor Strand (Colman Domingo) saddled up as Virginia's right-hand man. Elsewhere, a now-missing John Dorie (Garret Dillahunt) fled life under Virginia's rule — hitting the road without new wife June (Jenna Elfman).

"The story continues at full intensity with shocks, scares, heartbreaks, and revelations," the Walking Dead chief content officer tweeted alongside Season 6B key art showing life blooming from death.

Colman Domingo teases Victor Strand "gives zero f***s" about anything but survival when he returns in the second half of Fear the Walking Dead Season 6. Last we saw him in the midseason finale, "Damage From the Inside," the newly-appointed Ranger Strand pledged his loyalties to Virginia (Colby Minifie), who has what Morgan Jones (Lennie James) most hopes to save: a pregnant Grace (Karen David). As Morgan grows more brazen in his mission to free members of his group still under Virginia's control, forcing everyone to take sides, new alliances will form, relationships will break down, and loyalties will forever change when Fear continues.

"You thought Strand in 6A was something....just you wait til April 11th. Strand gives zero It's all about survival," Domingo tweeted alongside a clip from the front half of the season, where Strand deceives inmate Sanjay (Satya Nikhil Polisetti) before using him as bait.

And for @nixie

Fear the Walking Dead will film in Round Rock, Texas, just minutes from where Madison Clark (Kim Dickens) appeared to die in the fourth season of the Walking Dead spin-off. The Texas-based zombie drama was first filmed in Austin and nearby Round Rock in Season 4, transforming the Dell Diamond baseball stadium into the post-apocalyptic community home to Madison and her group of survivors. In Fear's most recent midseason finale, "Damage From the Inside," Alicia Clark (Alycia Debnam-Carey) referenced the location when she considered returning to the stadium to escape new enemy Virginia (Colby Minifie).

I'm telling you darling, the numbers are false. I've said it several times, I have threads that some of them have two million views.

April 11

"God, John. That is some ugly mustard." When Morgan Jones (Lennie James) reunites with John Dorie (Garret Dillahunt) for the first time since Virginia (Colby Minifie) shot Morgan point-blank and left him for dead in the cliffhanger that ended Fear the Walking Dead Season 5, he finds the gunslinger in his darkest moment. Morgan survived Humbug's Gulch with the help of a stranger who left behind a note"You still have things left to do" — and he's spent the first half of Season 6 on a mission to find and free the rest of his group of survivors still living behind Virginia's walls.

In "The Door" and "Things Left to Do," the first two episodes of the nine-episode Fear Season 6B released to ComicBook.com and other press, mysteries are solved, secrets are revealed and the truth exposed, and standoffs turn to shootouts when the post-apocalyptic horror western returns on April 11th.

Point blank: this is the best Fear in years.

"The Door": 4 out of 5

"Things Left to Do": 4 out of 5

Exciting. Don't click the link as it is full of spoilers, which I tactfully avoided.

@nixie

CB: My last thing on the Fear front is a question I'm sure I'm not the only person asking you, but it's probably the one question you can answer for nobody. With Alicia mentioning the stadium, I don't know if you read what's on the internet, we've gone crazy thinking there's a chance we might get an indication of Madison being out there, Kim Dickens coming back in a flashback or Madison is still alive. What can you say to the people who are on such speculation trains that Madison is out there somewhere?

SG:
Keep hope alive? I was in a chat for New York Comic Con, I think. I don't usually... I don't know. I don't usually have Q&As directly with the fans like that. I don't know why it just doesn't come up that much, which is something I should ask people about. But it was weird to be in that because, yeah, there were a lot of questions about Madison. And it really is true that we're kicking a lot of things around, not just within... We've had discussions of Fear. We've had discussions with Tales of the Walking Dead, and then even within the Walking Dead universe. There's all sorts of possibilities. We investigate that past a lot in stories, especially with Tales of the Walking Dead. So if it were all to come together, it would be amazing, but there's some things floating around that are truly awesome.
The Walking Dead: Scott Gimple on Past, Present, and Future of Movies, Fear, and World Beyond

So maybe?

Fear the Walking Dead continues to sink its teeth into its most acclaimed season yet: more than half of the Walking Dead spin-off's highest-rated episodes on IMDb aired during the ongoing sixth season, which now ranks among the franchise's top seasons on Rotten Tomatoes. The anthology-style season from showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, who semi-rebooted Fear when taking over from series co-creator Dave Erickson with Season 4, emerged as the show's best-rated season with audiences and critics after its premiere in October 2020. It's a complete 180 from Fear Season 5, which aired the then-lowest-rated episode of the entire Walking Dead Universe and was once the only "rotten" scoring season of the franchise.

Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 is currently tied with Season 3 of The Walking Dead at 88% on Rotten Tomatoes, making it the third highest-rated season of the Walking Dead franchise behind only The Walking Dead Season 9 (91%) and Season 5 (90%).

On IMDb, Season 6 episode "Things Left to Do," where Morgan (Lennie James) has his standoff with an outgunned Ginny (Colby Minifie), is the highest-rated episode of Fear the Walking Dead with an 8.8 score. Just below it is the Season 6 premiere, "The End is the Beginning," which pits a half-dead Morgan against headhunter Emile (Demetrius Grosse).

"The Key," a Season 6 episode about John Dorie's (Garret Dillahunt) ill-fated murder investigation, ranks third with an 8.6 from IMDb users. Ranked fourth with an 8.5 score is the only first season episode in the top ten, "The Good Man," the season finale culminating in the death of Travis Manawa's (Cliff Curtis) zombie-bitten ex-wife Liza (Elizabeth Rodriguez).

In fifth place with an 8.4 rating is the Season 6 episode "Alaska," a Die Hard-inspired adventure teaming Dwight (Austin Amelio) and Althea (Maggie Grace) against an office building crawling with walkers and bubonic plague-infected rats. "What's Your Story?," the Season 4 premiere where Morgan meets John when he crosses over from The Walking Dead to Fear, takes the sixth spot with an 8.3. rating.

Two Season 3 episodes, "Brother's Keeper" and "Sleigh Ride," are the seventh and eighth-best episodes with matching 8.3. scores. "Brother's Keeper" is notable for the death of Jake Otto (Sam Underwood) and Nick Clark (Frank Dillane) dropping an uncensored F-bomb for the first time in series history.

Another pair of Season 6 episodes, "Bury Her Next to Jasper's Leg" and "Welcome to the Club," take the ninth and tenth spots, respectively, on the IMDb top ten.

Almost tempting me to watch season 6. But my wife would refuse. And I don't really want to watch season 5 second half.