Fear The Walking Dead [Warning: Contains spoilers for Seasons up to S6]

Daft kid's going to have a terrible time running - he should have picked up a belt before he left.

Reactions: ctg
It would be interesting to see the origin of the disease but I had also expected something quite different. I'm sure I read a rumour that it was going to be set in Hawaii.
That's interesting.. but Kirkman has said he wasn't a fan of the CDC stuff so I'd be a little surprised if this is the case. But you never know!
I think he meant that he disliked how it tied his hands in a storytelling way to have had that CDC stuff so early in the series. At the time, they had no reason to think there would even be a Season 2, so it wasn't thought to be a problem.

39BpJ7C.jpg

Fear the Walking Dead takes us back to the beginning of the zombie apocalypse – a time when the world was changing rapidly for reasons unknown, before anyone understood exactly what was happening, when life as everyone knew it was upended and altered in ways no one could have ever imagined.

Fear the Walking Dead
is executive produced by Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero, David Alpert and showrunner David Erickson and produced by AMC Studios. The series, set in Los Angeles, stars Kim Dickens as Madison, Cliff Curtisas Travis, Frank Dillane as Nick, Alycia Debnam-Carey as Alicia, Elizabeth Rodriguez as Liza, Ruben Blades as Daniel, Mercedes Mason as Ofelia and Lorenzo James Henrie as Chris.

This is the second best (after the running kid) teaser so far.

With us knowing that everyone's a carrier, this might just happen. A teen zombie (hate the pun) might actually get into the skating park and actually infect someone. The problem however is that the initial spread is so small that it could had been wiped out in days. So it'll be really interesting in scientific perspective to find out how Kirkman has imagined the beginning.

You can see other two trailers in here: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/fear-th...ar-the-walking-dead-three-new-teaser-trailers

I'm looking forward to this. It will give the show's creators a bit more freedom to explore issues which have been plaguing them since the start perhaps, instead of subtly veering off the prescribed path that the original graphic novels set out for them.

When's it air in the UK? And what channels? (I'm hoping the Channel Five network get it sooner or later, as per The Walking Dead).

When's it air in the UK? And what channels? (I'm hoping the Channel Five network get it sooner or later, as per The Walking Dead).

There has been very little information about it, and the chances are, the spinoff will run in the States for one season before it hops across the pond.

Where's It Airing?

AMC will, of course, broadcast Fear the Walking Dead in the US, with Hulu securing exclusive streaming rights for the series. FOX UK air The Walking Dead in the UK, but are yet to confirm if they will also transmit the spinoff.

When's It Airing?

No confirmed air-date, but Fear the Walking Dead is coming this summer - meaning it will precede The Walking Dead's sixth season premiere in October.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s1...ut-fear-the-walking-dead.html#~pipTMTu9eXbaSa

If you’ve been wondering what The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman thinks of the new spin-off, you’re in luck. The comics-writer-turned-TV-executive has released a lengthy statement praising Fear The Walking Dead, and particularly its human angle.

The Walking Dead has always been about the characters,” he said. “It's been the struggles of Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, Carol and the rest, who are equally as important.”

“Now we get to introduce you to Madison, Travis, Alicia, Nick, Liza, Chris, Daniel, Ofelia and well... the cast continues to grow each episode... and yes... we do lose a few along the way. But where the "exciting" and "new" comes in...
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/fear-th...g-dead-robert-kirkman-praises-show-new-images

According to these minisynopsis they're going to move fast into the full blown apocalypse.

EPISODE 101: PILOT

A HIGHLY DYSFUNCTIONAL BLENDED FAMILY IS FORCED TOGETHER WHEN THEY REALIZE A REPORTED VIRUS IS ACTUALLY THE ONSET OF THE UNDEAD APOCALYPSE.

EPISODE 102: SO CLOSE, YET SO FAR

WHILE MADISON STRUGGLES TO KEEP NICK FROM CRIPPLING WITHDRAWAL, TRAVIS VENTURES OUT TO FIND HIS SON BEFORE THE CITY OF LOS ANGELES FALLS.

Interesting to see that Kirkman and his companioning writers wrote similar kind of scene that I made in the First Interview. I kind of like it.

This may be old news here, but I didn't realize that two seasons were ordered before the series was even named. I like AMC's confidence!

Me too, and yes, I noticed it, just didn't have time to post it in here. Thank you for doing it.

Since it's less than a week to the beginning, do you guys want episodes in this tread or would you prefer me to create them episodic threads?

Episodic, if that's ok. I hope to see this but having only Freeview it may be a while, and episodic (as per the main series) would help me avoid spoilers whilst still (albeit late) letting my very important ( :p ) thoughts on the show be known.

Please make episode threads. It avoids spoilers for people coming along late, but also if it is popular (which I expect that it will be) then I'll be asked at some point to unpick the thread and make it episodes. That is hard work that I'd rather avoid. Thank you, in advance.

I like the one-line summary that's being used in the latest trailers:

"When civilization ends, it ends fast."​

Reactions: ctg