What are you working on right now?

16,772 words in the post apoc story.

I was thrown into a dark place again, between remembering the events that happened in my youth and having an ex contact me. Rough doesn't describe it. So I threw what I was feeling but changed it a pivotal scene in the story. Remembering the times of utter chaos in my life, that feeling as the dark shadows creep across the floor and scurry across the walls like centipedes.

I threw that into a scene that changes the whole story, and I have a good feeling about how it came out. I have a real good feeling. I think I may have taken a chunk of my heart and the pain with it and shoved it bloodily onto the page. Wiping the blood off of the keyboard, but at least it got the emotions down.

EDIT: I apparently never posted that.:censored:

Post apoc story is up to 25k words.

Wrote a scene that kind of turned out to be emotional to some extent. :confused: Damn and I just wanted to have him explain why his father was a piece of garbage, then it got all real and went towards the topic of forgiveness and guilty by association or in this case birth. Holy crap.o_O

Waiting for some edits from the publisher for The Pincers of Death. Mildly nervous, but it should be ok.

And writing the serious fantasy novel in the meantime. Getting the chapters to line up is difficult.

I passed 20K in Red Creek this weekend, which is pretty awesome since I started it August 27th! I've been setting monthly goals, and have made writing a part of my morning, and evening routines. So far it's working. Since the start of August, I've written almost 48K words, and I plan on keeping this pace for a couple more months to get these two novels completed.

Up to 26k in my post apoc story. Hitting all of the places I wanted to go in that time too.

Not bad for a story I started I think last week!:eek:

I'm gonna keep on writing this story till I hit a brick wall and go back to the draft of my novel I have been procrastinating on.:ROFLMAO:

You can only read and edit the same things over and over again so many times before it drives you mad!:sick:

Two things at the moment.

One's a kind of tongue-in-cheek SF novel about fighting time-travelling, steampunk Nazis in ancient Egypt, the other's a horror novel about Transylvanian werewolves eating homeless people in the north of England.

First is about 80% done, the second is about 60% done.

I passed 20K in Red Creek this weekend, which is pretty awesome since I started it August 27th! I've been setting monthly goals, and have made writing a part of my morning, and evening routines. So far it's working. Since the start of August, I've written almost 48K words, and I plan on keeping this pace for a couple more months to get these two novels completed.

Wow. You're on fire still, I see. I wonder if you somehow used juju on me to osmosisise ny productivity ;)

pH

Just finished my first torture scene ever. Oh boy do my knees feel funny.:eek:

Damn this story is going to dark places real quick. Also it's 30k plus words right now.:lol:

Getting addicted to writing this story. Maybe it's the fact it's new maybe it's the fact there's that certain balance of chaos that just flows well.

I don't know. Either way I've burnt though a crazy word count in a short amount of time.

Wow. You're on fire still, I see. I wonder if you somehow used juju on me to osmosisise ny productivity ;)

pH

I may have... I did get 550 words written with breakfast this morning! Phyre, I may need a beta on this one after its done :devilish::devilish::devilish: hint hint

Just had an email from the publisher saying they're ready to sort out the cover for the next novel so I need to give the artist some details. Currently trying to write a 300 word blurb and a 400 word blurb... so far, I've written one 104 word blurb. WHY DO I SUCK SO BAD WITH WORD COUNTS?!

@Mouse oh another beta volunteer...how great, thanks... :ninja:

If you can write a novel, you can pound out 300 words there lady!

Working on a sci-fi short. Lack of time is making it a bit tricky, as I like having hours (near 'deadlines', even just knowing I have to stop in 40 minutes, I find very distracting). On the plus side, it's about 90-95% done.