What are you working on right now?

Rewrite of my first draft of my first story which I finished. There's going to be a certain point where I am going to be able to stitch in the last off of the first draft into this story. I've already gotten to the part where I was able to take a scalpel and place in a massive chunk of the first draft into the story and continue running. Now it is just massaging in and getting to a pivotal moment that will utterly destroy a character allowing another one to fill the void.

The story itself is a picaresque inspired steampunk adventure set in a lore with numerous sentient species and a pagan society between a 986 year old mage of a dead nation who looks young, a young punky lady whose overly rude, and their adventure they have as a mutual enemy from both their pasts come out to try to finish the job. :oops: Haven't thought of a good way to word the hook line yet.. I'm more focused on getting the second draft set up and edited 3 billion more times.:LOL:

Right now I'm in the office so should be working on boring things like creating certificates and badges for customers. But I'm here instead.

Exciting work wise, I'm soooo close to finishing Locke & Co but I have such a ridiculously teeny word count (currently it's on 68k, I'm hoping to get it to at least 80k). Just how does anybody ever get over 100k? I've never managed it. Also seeking out some blogs to review WM as the release date is fast approaching but it turns out my publisher has already sorted out a few so so far all I've got back is 'yeah, no, we've already got this'.

Also this:
21208609_10154905036995893_1382328253_n.jpg

*hides head* my first draft had 158k words in it.

Granted having a from scratch fantasy world does require some explanation.:eek: Also does describing the brutal ways people are murdered... and the sex.o_O I don't think I can write YA. I've come to terms with that. Granted I started this story when I was the target audience for YA so I do not know what that says about my upbringing.:notworthy:

*hides head* my first draft had 158k words in it.

Granted having a from scratch fantasy world does require some explanation.:eek: Also does describing the brutal ways people are murdered... and the sex.o_O I don't think I can write YA. I've come to terms with that. Granted I started this story when I was the target audience for YA so I do not know what that says about my upbringing.:notworthy:

See, I do real-world fantasy so don't have lots of stuff to explain (I do have brutal murders and sex though), but my sci-fi also barely scraped over 50k.

So you're basically designing a Death Star for Pride...

And you've got the exhaust port in the wrong place, div.

:p

pH

:ROFLMAO: Where should it be?

(Darth Gayder heh)

See, I do real-world fantasy so don't have lots of stuff to explain (I do have brutal murders and sex though), but my sci-fi also barely scraped over 50k.

:ROFLMAO: Where should it be?

(Darth Gayder heh)

Yeah I have to describe everything. Because the world is different. Other places screamed at me saying let the reader make their own worlds and visions of it all and even argued against character description. My thoughts are just what the hell am I here for then?!
They also jumped my case about having unknown cities in a fantasy novel on another flipping planet..

*pulls string on top-hat to release the coo-coo bird*

I can't make this crap up. Apparently I'm supposed to put everything in London and make it brown. Thank you stereotyping~!!!*deep breathes*

My favorite description my story from a friend who read it was "On my god it's steampunk that isn't brown it's actually colourful."

Now I'm working on controlling my anger towards the Gulag.

I'm 38K words or so into Book Two of SF series, but an idea for a hometown horror has taken over my brain, and I've written 8k on it so far this week. This book feels so right, and I haven't had something flowing this well in a long time. So I'm working on my 3rd and 4th novels at the same time.

Novel first draft is being read by someone who isn't me. Oh lawd.

About to return to my Writers of the Future story. This one has a lot that will need changing, so I am thinking about doing a read through, then setting it aside and starting from the beginning with a new re-write. I know all the key components and what needs to stay or go, just need a new approach.

I took a one and a half year break from my first novel and outside the chrons writing challenges, I haven't written much else.

I started going back through my novel. It's not quite the mangled corpse of a mess I thought it was. I've learnt a lot by lurking in the SFFChronicles' forums and I'm hoping I can use this to make my novel outstanding.

I've finished the first major revision, filled gaping plot holes, deleted instances of repetition, created consistency. Now I'm re-reading each chapter over and over until I can get through without having to make corrections.

After a long hiatus, I'm refilled with writing obsession. It feels nice.

Beta reading with somebody here. *nervously shakes*.

I sent over the first beginning section of my first draft. The person enjoyed it. So we set up a shared google doc and I am sharing EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING. OH dear gods! :eek:

It's both a good feeling and an utterly terrifying feeling? I mean having a knife pulled out at me wasn't as nerve racking as this. o_O

New novel sent to publisher.
He likes the cover. Phew!
But I bring dread news, Chronners. Having told you all never to mix fonts, I had to mix fonts, and it worked really well. D'oh!

Come on, you know we can forgive that. As long as you've not used Comic Sans, there'll be no attack!

Congratulations on the new novel.

pH