What are you working on right now?

10k words/7 chapters in on the new project, with some help already from Crits here to steer the opening. Time to pause and reassess how the style is evolving. Still waiting for proper feedback on my last one, which is just frustrating :) I want to pitch it but I don't want to go off too quickly until I've had a few people comment and had a chance to do another edit.

127k into my novel, with 35 more to go and painfully aware that after I finish it, I'm gonna have to give to critics (including those on the Crons) and they're more than likely gonna rip it to shreds. Why do I wanna become a writer in the first place? I keep asking myself...

I'm waiting on edits to book one of my UF series. It's 140k, and she got it on the first. I have a few more days to wait. I should be working in the romance novel that I'm 36k into, but I'm fixing up my author website instead.

I've hit 70. At least, that's what I have at the moment. It was longer. Several times. That is, several times longer, and it's been longer several times.

Damn here I am being productive in real life finishing an engine swap and diagnosing why the power windows don't work on my other car.

I'll celebrate my victory by writing more of my story. There's just a small hill I need to clear. Hilariously this scene is going to end up being close to a scene I planned in the original draft yet cut out, now in the revisionary draft it's going to be added in. Funny how that works.

I just finished the scene now. The revision draft is 73090 words long and I just cracked out 2774 of those words in this scene alone.:eek: But the first draft to not even get to this part is 118,400 words! :confused: By Jove I think I've made some improvement, because if you combine with the rest of the first draft you get 230k words *Faints*

Oh dear. I think I have a lot of trimming to do.:cautious:

I am so happy. I have successfully tied up the revisionary draft to my first draft! *Claps hands above head* WOOT! Now its mostly stitching and face palming at what past me wrote. Seriously who let that guy do anything... oh wait.o_O

Still most of it is savable and just needs simple rewording to get a better picture of what was meant to be said. Ahh the advancement of skill with age. (I Hope.:whistle:) Probably going to be going through the edit of the second draft and cursing current me's existent :eek: Don't kill me future me. I apologize for anything I may or may have not done.. yet.:confused:

Locke & Co. Now at 70289 words, still close to the end, and have a horrible scene to write so am dithering.

I've dived deep into my post apocalyptic story, and it's flowing nicely. There's a great natural chemistry between the interactions of two character( the MC and the daughter of the scavenger tribe) and its different than how the MC interacts with other characters. Nothing feels forced and it's blindly obvious what one of them thinking about while the other one is blind, or not looking for the signs.

I am enjoying writing this. I've already cranked out 9000 words for it.

I'm working on a couple of different things, writing them down when they pop into my brain. MOST of it is going to integrate into the novel I've been working on forever, but I can't put it directly "on the page" as it is now. I have full time job, so writing is something I do in my spare time. :LOL: The brain drain from work is seriously slowing me down, but we have to eat. The dentist also keeps sending me a bill every time I go in. Not sure what that's about. :p

Locke & Co. Now at 70289 words, still close to the end, and have a horrible scene to write so am dithering.

That leapt up. You're on fire lately! Or in leeeeeerv; div-luv.

My output has been zero for about three weeks. Weather's getting better (IOW worse) so I expect my productivity to increase.

pH

That leapt up. You're on fire lately! Or in leeeeeerv; div-luv.

My output has been zero for about three weeks. Weather's getting better (IOW worse) so I expect my productivity to increase.

pH

Kinda crawled up...

13k words of the post apoc story. Its very easy to write it when the characters are interacting with one another. I'm being able to naturally drop hints at things I'm not revealing yet, everything is flowing beautifully.:)

I love the last scene I wrote. At this point it feels less like I'm writing and I'm more transcribing their conversations and actions.o_O

Well, I'm still at 38k in SF sequel, and 16K in Red Creek, my hometown horror. Not bad for a book I came up with the idea for on Aug 27th! That's my focus right now, and plan on a 60-70K finished draft for it by end of October (hopefully)

Also started my Last City anthology story, so that's on the table now too! That one has a real deadline, so I have to get at it.