What did you blog about today?

I keep forgetting youhave an off-site blog. I need to subscribe.

Anyway, that's suckery of the highest suck on MOW and I'm really sorry to hear it. I follow your logic though and you're good to be philosophical about the delay.

When did you start HITS? (IMO def leave 'The' off) 50k already???

And on that note, I think you have a knack for smart titles. I might change SG's title to 'Hungry House' :D

pH

Really nice blog, Pete. I confess, I was a know-it-all 16 year-old who was into Oasis, Bud Light and sneaking a fag during VIth form lunch break, and so I too scoffed at the boy wizard with the glasses. More fool me.

My idea of a perfect day in Sixth Form was arrive late, not go to any lessons, eat six sausages at the first break, play Nutmeg Rush*/listen to Xfm/play football during the other lessons I should be at, play football at lunch time instead of eating, go home. Maybe go and partake in our futile attempt to form a band. I'd read at home, normally with a torch under the covers so my parents couldn't tell I was up all night reading.

Halcyon days. Odin only knows how you reach someone like that, other than with a taser. And I was one of the nice** boys...

*A game in which you took a small ball and if someone kicked it through your legs, everyone punched you. If you kicked it up the air and someone caught it, you'd walk through a gauntlet of people punching you. Go for the catch and miss, same thing.

**Nice is a comparative term.

Reactions: Vaz
*A game in which you took a small ball and if someone kicked it through your legs, everyone punched you. If you kicked it up the air and someone caught it, you'd walk through a gauntlet of people punching you. Go for the catch and miss, same thing.

It sounds immense, right up my alley. We used to play Bicycle Roulette in Plaistow Park, which involved somebody riding Nic Hughes's knackered old bike around the gravelly, beaten up outdoor basketball court, and people would take turns blasting a football at the cyclist as hard as possible. We stopped playing after someone hit Joe Maloney so hard the ball sheared the front wheel of the bike almost in half, sending him over the handlebars and ripping all the skin from his forearms on the gravel. He had to seek refuge at this little old lady's house, who treated him with TCP. His screams still make me smile.

Great days!

This is why I keep my door shut when I sleep.

The worst are birds though. Dragging live birds into the house is a real stinker's move.

When we first took on cats we had a cat-flap, but there was going to be a rule or two. No cats in the bedroom. No cats beyond the kitchen at night. Etc...
One of our first cats, Trudy, was a grumpy little tortoiseshell and general hard-luck case. She had been in the cat rescue for six months, she had injuries to her back legs of unknown cause, she went frantic in any room if the door was shut, she didn't cope with strangers and we had a bunch of friends sleeping over a few months after we took her on...
Trudy felt safe under the bed and our cats have had the run of the place ever since.

Some time later (much to Trudy's displeasure) we ended up with two tabby brothers as well. One, Bitsy, was an ambitious hunter. It wasn't just that he got a live jackdaw through two cat-flaps, it was the way he tried to catch it again, in mid-air, halfway down the garden when we managed to catch the damn thing and get it out the house...