Discussion -- 75 Word Challenge -- June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the current circumstances, Gary, I don't think your talk of becoming a pro, or your enthusiasm for an activity that brings together swingers, often in foursomes, is helping your chances of rehabilitation....

You know, you've given me an idea. ;) When I did my short list, I forgot to say how much I loved Vertigo's title, so who knows...

Congratulations, TJ, and I thought you might like my story's title! In fact rather unusually in this case the title was my starting point for the story. However, seeing as I didn't get any votes this month, maybe that's not a very good strategy :eek:

I don't mind though as a couple of the specific comments made were more than enough compensation. :D

Rhyming slang - Adam and Eve = believe.

Oh, good -- that was my only guess! I do have a minuscule working knowledge of rhyming slang, having read all the "Shoes" books and a few others. :D

If I ever heard a Cockney accent in person, I wouldn't understand a word of it, I'm sure; I actually gave up on Sherlock Holmes (the Robert Downey, Jr. one) the other day because I couldn't make out half what they were saying. I do wish my TV would allow subtitles and sound at the same time. To be fair, I have the same problem with a lot of American English on TV as well, so it could just be my hearing -- it's the second thing to go.

Given the current circumstances, Gary, I don't think your talk of becoming a pro, or your enthusiasm for an activity that brings together swingers, often in foursomes, is helping your chances of rehabilitation....

**Goes back to Teresa's naughty step**

What's goin on fellas been a while, read through some of the entries so far but thus far in my reading all I can say is very impressive, congrats TJ very nice and enjoyable if not probably true.

That's when I get the pin and blindfold.

After alchemist's picture, I'll at least go for the blindfold.

High Eight said:
I could have sworn the closing date was 29 June!

After the competition had been going for a few months, we decided to keep the dates the same, no matter the length of the month -- 23rd for closing the competition, 28th for closing the voting -- so it would be easier to remember.

(Before that, in months with 31 days, the voting was closing on the 29th, and lots of people missed the deadline in the short months.)

Last edited:
Ooooh that was right to the wire ... thanks for your comments and ...

Congratulations to The JUDGE.

Thanks again to all who voted for, or mentioned my story. This month's responses far exceeded any of my expectations, and more than thrashed my previous best of gaining two votes. :)

Thanks again, everyone.

And thanks, Brev -- I was so dumbfounded this morning (like Hex, I'd gone to bed "knowing" you'd won) that I forgot to offer my congrats to you. It was an excellently told story and fully deserved to win.

Grimbear -- forgot to say -- the next 75 worder will open Sunday, or possibly late Saturday UK time if I'm likely to be out Sunday morning. And the picture inspiration for the 300 worder will be up Sunday, too! A busy month.

Thanks again, everyone.

And thanks, Brev -- I was so dumbfounded this morning (like Hex, I'd gone to bed "knowing" you'd won) that I forgot to offer my congrats to you. It was an excellently told story and fully deserved to win.

Thank you. :)

The last post I saw - before I hit the sack - was Chris's about how many people hadn't yet voted. The voting was so tight I was thinking it could have gone any one of four or five ways. TE, luiglin, Grimbear and Hex were also all in with a shout, and a tie-break was always on the cards.

Anyway, we all like a spot of Drama.:) Bring on next month.

The voting was so tight I was thinking it could have gone any one of four or five ways. TE, luiglin, Grimbear and Hex were also all in with a shout, and a tie-break was always on the cards.

But you and TJ were accumulating votes so quickly in the last hours, it became obvious that the rest of us weren't going to catch up to the pair of you.

Congrats TJ! I didn't have time to read them all this time, so I didn't vote (first time I haven't! :() but I've now been and read yours. :)

Can I just take this opportunity to thank the moderators, who, as well as winning the bloody challenges on a regular basis.:mad: They do a fantastic amount of work keeping things running smoothly.

So I propose three cheers for them.

Hip hip hooray!

Hip hip hooray!

Hip hip hooray!

This is an English thing so Google it, if you don't understand:) (harks back to Adam and Eve it TDZ.)

By the way, when is the Guv going to enter. IBrian you are a talented writer, please don't say you are too busy cos it doesn't wash with me.

Time for you to dip your toe:)

He hasn't.

By the way Karn. I've just hacked into the Judges critiques monitoring software. It's telling me you are getting very close to 3000 posts.

She's expecting a tick in the box that says "3000 post tradition honored."

If not there could be sweetbreads on the menu in the moderator cafe:eek:

Just a heads up! :)

Not gonna happen. I haven't posted anything to critique since the start of my new world and it's stagnated due to some uncontrollable issues.

In other words, yo-yoing mood swings. And not getting enough sleep most nights these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.