Discussion -- 75 Word Challenge -- June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna happen. I haven't posted anything to critique since the start of my new world and it's stagnated due to some uncontrollable issues.
In other words, yo-yoing mood swings. And not getting enough sleep most nights these days.

I do get mood, swings so I sympathize.

The only advice I can offer is be happy with what you've got. After my accident the doc has told me I will always limp and I may need a knee replacement eventually cos it now looks like a complicated jigsaw.

I was depressed for a bit and then I thought, "F**k it! Life's too short. I've got a limp - so what!!"

I tried to imagine living in Syria at the moment, or living in Africa with a starving child.

I know they are cliches and easy to say, but they are reasons to think, "My life ain't as bad as there's."

Anyway when I make my millions, I'll fly you over and show you some of the great things about Britain, including a visit to Blyth's Michelin star kebab shop and the Blyth's Spearmint Rhino lap dancing club.

As well as, the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and all the rest...

Keep smiling.

And by the way change that self-depracating comment under your avatar. It undervalues YOU as a person.:)

**Man hug**

Whoa! I didn't notice Karn's "Destined to fail." Thank you for pointing that out, Gary.

Karn, you know what this means, don't you?

Slap!!!!

Edit -- No excuses! I suffer from clinical depression, too, and it's Hell, but you're not getting away with anything because of that.

Last edited:
That's not quite what I meant. I suffer from clinical depression.

And that comment can stay as it is technically meant to tie in with the avatar...(Hint. The avatar is a villain.)

Try and stay positive. I'm your English friend and I'm here to support you and I hope you will continue to support me, like you did when I hit a tee at 45 miles per hour. (Ouch!!)

By the way, as in American tradition. The tree is suing:eek:

My solicitor, Bark, Branch and Roots are on the case!!:eek:

Could involve a VW Golf, I suppose.

(But at least he didn't hit a tea at 45mph. You'd have to be a right mug to do that....)

No excuses! I suffer from clinical depression, too. I go through stages where I think I'm a failure (like always, lately), but I am determined not to stay that way.

I hope you don't mind you saying this but, the Doctors are saying you have clinical depression. They don't really know whats going on in your mind. Feeling depressed is a very NORMAL human emotion. Don't let them make you think you have a disease.

A friend of mine had bipolar syndrome, I got him a job and he thought he should tell the boss. I asked him who told him he had this. He said his therapist. I asked did did he feel normal (depressed - happy - miserable every day etc)

He said yes, these were the symptoms that showed his problem he repeated. I went ape-**** and told him I feel these emotions every day, so welcome to normality and stop going to the therapist.

He did and never looked back:)

It wasn't a psychologist or therapist. And depressed is one thing. It's when there's no reason to be.

If there's no reason to be - then don't be.

Put your mind over matter and stop feeling sorry for yourself. You are a great guy, and everyone here loves you:)

**Second Man Hug**

Wife looks over and wonders if I have a girlfriend:eek:

Hehe. Hey, I do try.

*Shrugs* Regardless, nothing to post to critiques in a hundred posts. And with the thread hijacked and knifepoint, I'm starting to wonder what 'er Honor is sizzling up in that noggin of 'ers.

Hehe. Hey, I do try.

*Shrugs* Regardless, nothing to post to critiques in a hundred posts. And with the thread hijacked and knifepoint, I'm starting to wonder what 'er Honor is sizzling up in that noggin of 'ers.

Why not write a story about what you are feeling. Human emotions are great inspiration. Give it to us with double barrells:)

Stick it in critiques and Bob's your Uncle**.

**Another stupid British saying.**

I must admit that once I started including my own feelings into the protagonist in my WIP. I did feel better getting it out there:)

If there's no reason to be - then don't be.

Gary, shut up. You know nothing about it.

You aren't a trained therapist and you aren't a physician who knows about the chemistry of the brain, so please don't think you can go around diagnosing other people's problems and prescribing "cures." Or if you think you must, NOT HERE. Not here in the writing forum. Not here on the site. Just don't.

Karn, I understand what you are going through. But don't bring it to the writing forums here. There may be threads in the Lounge where you can talk about these things, I don't know because I rarely go there, and you can certainly talk with fellow-sufferers by PM (PM if you want to), but it doesn't belong right here. If you can't manage optimism, at least save the pessimism for somewhere else.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion of the writing challenge.

Yeah, I was backing it off there and should have earlier.

To be honest, I'm wondering, that since the month and voting is all over, if I should submit the month's entry of mine onto Critiques. I'm trying to get a mythology and religion for Czastaria going but I'm still not sure if it's allowed for former entries to be elsewhere for a more in-depth review. I understand how mythology tends to work, but it's the deeper religious side that I'm wondering about. Because to be honest, I don't want to flood Parson or others with a bunch of PMs asking this or that...

You could start a thread in GWD about what you are trying to accomplish with your mythology and religion and use your entry as a starting place. That would be quite in order. If you put your entry in the Critiques section, or in the Improving Our Challenge Stories thread, I think that most people would only critique the story itself and you might not attract all the people who would be interested (and helpful) in discussing the deeper issues.

I was just trying to empathize with a fellow Chronite who seemed to be suffering from similar problems I have experienced in the last 5 years.

I didn't think that was at all bad, however, I will, as you say - shut up!

You could start a thread in GWD about what you are trying to accomplish with your mythology and religion and use your entry as a starting place. That would be quite in order. If you put your entry in the Critiques section, or in the Improving Our Challenge Stories thread, I think that most people would only critique the story itself and you might not attract all the people who would be interested (and helpful) in discussing the deeper issues.

Okay. Simply put, I'd rewrite the entire Christian bible if I could, New Testament, but that wouldn't be very practical for a couple reasons...:eek:

Not the least of which that Czastaria, taking place as it does, is only a few thousand years old...

Okay. Simply put, I'd rewrite the entire Christian bible if I could, New Testament, but that wouldn't be very practical for a couple reasons.

I could make some suggestions for writers who have done something along those lines (not the whole thing, of course, but enough to give the impression they have), but I'll save that for your thread when you start it.

Status
Not open for further replies.