Discussion -- 300 Word Challenge #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Alchemist, always nice when one of the stories I voted for wins :)

Judge - might be worth popping the 'y' key off and seeing if there's any dirt stopping it from going down fully.

Oh no. I had a key fall off once, and the blankety-blank thing never went on right again, and then broke completely. I couldn't ever tab afterwards with that lap top, so I'm not taking the risk with my "y". I've undertaken my usual maintenance procedure when faced with a computer problem, namely bashed it a little and sworn at it a lot, and I've just turned the whole thing upside down and shaken it to loosen any concealed biscuit crumbs, so we shall see.

Woo hoo! Congrats alc!

Tis very nice indeed when somebody I voted for wins. Tis especially nice when all three of the guys I voted for scored so highly. Means I have good taste. ;)

Oh no. I had a key fall off once, and the blankety-blank thing never went on right again, and then broke completely. I couldn't ever tab afterwards with that lap top, so I'm not taking the risk with my "y". I've undertaken my usual maintenance procedure when faced with a computer problem, namely bashed it a little and sworn at it a lot, and I've just turned the whole thing upside down and shaken it to loosen any concealed biscuit crumbs, so we shall see.

Hehe, yes the good old tried and tested maintenance strategies are always the best ones!

When I'm at home, I always use a plug-in keyboard rather than the laptop's own. It means there's always a spare one available (the built-in one) when I can no longer see the identity of all the keys**.

** - Because the printing's been rubbed off*** some of them. The N and the O are always go first, the latter spending some time pretending to be a U.

*** - Not being a touch typist, I've got into the habit of hitting many of the keys with the side of my fingers, allowing the outer corner of the fingernails to scratch the keys' surface.

Thanks for the congratulations everyone. I intend to get a copy of William Gibson's The Difference Engine as my prize. I've never read any steampunk but always wanted to, so I might as well start at the top.

Congratulations Alchemist!

I'm still doing the happy dance at receiving votes at all! :)

Well done Alc, a great win. Well done everyone, loads of fantastic stories. Another victory for the Chrons writing comps. :) :D

So when does the next 300 challenge start? I want to be involved next time.... Congratlations Alc.

Last edited:
Next one isn't until July, Azzagorn.

Which reminds me, if we have any budding artists/photographers/image-makers who would like to put a picture up for consideration for the next Challenge, let us know!

Congrats Alchemist and thanks Aun Doorback, choccoweeble, Perpetual Man, The Judge for the votes.

Just got back from a vacation and getting caught up on lots of things.

Congratulations to alchemist on the big win.

I can’t believe I got 5 votes (in addition to the 8 prior short list mentions). Thanks again to David Evil Overlord, Warren Paul, crystal haven, choccoweeble, TacticalLoco, Boneman, Scott R. Forshaw and Vertigo for the short listings. But a special thanks goes out to southron sword, Teresa Edgerton, paranoid marvin, StilLearning and Tisiphone for the votes!

Status
Not open for further replies.