Discussion -- 300 Word Challenge #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursa major

Bearly Believable
Staff member
Supporter
The new 300 Challenge is up; you can find it here.

Don't forget -- the picture is there to act as an inspiration. We don't require a story which explains the image. Let your imagination run riot -- just make sure your story is speculative fiction of one type or another.

Good luck everyone

I'm guessing it'll be more like 29 or 30 days.

'Cutting', 'it' and 'fine' would be my middle names, if I could be bothered to get involved with changing my name by deed poll.

Question on the image (because I'm interested, not because I Need to Know), what has it got in its handses? Looks like a hand held games console... but that might just be because I've been playing on one lately.

I have no idea (which is probably a good thing, because, come April 30th, I'll need as much leeway as I can get).

And away we go with the new mighty 300 Challenge.

I really like this picture by Chris Green, it's quite a striking image to me.

This is going to be an interesting gathering of tales this time around. My brain tingles with an idea already, however, I'm going to linger a while and see what else pops up like toast from my imagination.

The gates are open and the horse is ready, but the jockey's dead. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what to do with this one. It might involve something TDZ mentioned in the other thread....or it might involve something else entirely.

I'm not sure what I am going to come up with at this stage, but I like the photo, I like the photo a lot, I could just sit and stare atit for hours and not even consider anything to write about it...

Sweet, this will be my first chance for the 300 word challenge, didn't get to the last one.

I've got an idea already... thinking... thinking more.

I'll be back! :D

A very stiking photograph and an exceptional statue; the way it is angled obliquely to the corridor and the natural pose (reading a book maybe) makes it look incredibly real.

Much thought required methinks!

Question on the image (because I'm interested, not because I Need to Know), what has it got in its handses?
No idea -- and for the purposes of your story it can be anything you want, of course,** but it's called "Sound II" which might (or might not) be a clue.

** but as Ursa said, the photo is for inspiration -- you don't need to explain the picture, only use it to spark some idea within the speculative fiction realm.

My first essay for my degree was to describe the crypt to anyone who had never seen a building like it before. I've got 2,000 words written about this scene somewhere.

I won't say what he is holding until after the contest is over ;)

A very stiking photograph and an exceptional statue; the way it is angled obliquely to the corridor and the natural pose (reading a book maybe) makes it look incredibly real.

Much thought required methinks!

It's a statue?! I thought it was a human in a rubber suit.

The feet make me think 'human in a suit'. The tone of the light is odd in that picture, almost like there are two sources for it. Hmm. I have an idea, but my stomachs growling.

Maybe I'll write two stories, one for here and one for somewhere else. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.