New Website

So, you mean you'll be blogging regularly now...? :p

Nice site -- I didn't realise it was new when I looked at it the other day.

Cool, thanks for sharing the site - now that I'm at home and on my PC and not the phone, going to bookmark it, so be sure to update it regularly for my enjoyment, please! :)

Thanks, Teresa. I'll do my best, TomG -- still some content to get up there, which should be appearing over the next week, so you'll be okay in the short term. :)

TJ, the shell of the site has been around for a long time but it had no real content, largely due to lack of time on my part but also, I suspect, because I can't be hands-on with this, since I have no notion of how to build websites and (if I'm honest) I like to be hands-on with everything I do, so the site was never really a priority. Eventually, however, I've accepted that it needed to happen.

Nice looking website, Ian. Clean, simple and straight-forward. Just the way I like it.

Might I suggest, though, some links? I noticed that in your "Books" sections, while you have a respectable amount of information about the pricing (both US and UK, as well as ebook), there were no links to help people along the way.

I would suggest that, instead of merely providing information and then having potential customers search for the actual books, you should include links to, say, the relevant Amazon page where they can be bought. This is even more important for the ebooks.

Nice looking website, Ian. Clean, simple and straight-forward. Just the way I like it.

Might I suggest, though, some links? I noticed that in your "Books" sections, while you have a respectable amount of information about the pricing (both US and UK, as well as ebook), there were no links to help people along the way.

I would suggest that, instead of merely providing information and then having potential customers search for the actual books, you should include links to, say, the relevant Amazon page where they can be bought. This is even more important for the ebooks.

Hi, DA, thanks, glad you like the site. As explained in the post above yours, the site is still having content added. Links are certainly on the agenda.

Very sad that Helen's vocational role in patient care no longer seems to exist. It bears out a couple of very alarming news reports recently. I hope for all our sakes that those in power take notice and do something about it.

Very sad to see Ian's site down. I remember him saying on Facebook recently that his domain name expired and some unscrupulous people abroad bought it (probably by automated software the minute it became available) and tried to sell it back to him at an inflated price. I think it was Storm Constantine who agreed that this had also just happened with her and that she'd had to snap up the .co.uk version of her name so she didn't pay the thieves.

Terrible! :( It just shows - if your name becomes prominent, you can be a target for thieves if you don't renew your domain name within the grace period.

I hope you get it sorted soon, Ian.

General tip: register the .com and .co.uk through a registrar such as 123-reg.co.uk. Do not use a design or hosting company to register your domain as it's easy to lose at the renewal stage, as they get the notifications, not you, and they are usually too busy to notice ... as I found with my own domain many years ago!

I don't know about any others, but 123-reg gives several weeks' notice that a registration is coming up for renewal, too -- and keeps nagging until it's done -- which is very useful.