What Game Are You Currently Playing?

It was only a week or so ago.

I've only had a quick fiddle (I wouldn't advise using it with the Great Realism Overhaul or anything else that drastically reduces carry weight) but it seems to work fine. As per the description, just eat an apple to activate it. Also, food will indicate if it slakes thirst or sates hunger.

Currently playing Prey. Only a couple of hours into it and it seems pretty decent so far. It's fairly derivative of a few games esp the "Shock" games.

Inquisition's something I largely liked but I am a bit worried they're moving ever further from Origins.

It relies a bit too much on MMO-style fetch quests, IMO, but the main quests are decent and the combat's fun. The voice acting's middling, though, and as always I find Bioware's dialogue system a pain in the arse to wade through.

Agree entirely on the shopping list quests. The combat annoyed me, because they removed the simple but effective orders system they had for Origins and DA2 (so companions automatically use certain skills in certain situations) and replaced it with a far inferior one.

they removed the simple but effective orders system they had for Origins and DA2 (so companions automatically use certain skills in certain situations) and replaced it with a far inferior one.

Yeah, I noticed that, although it hasn't caused me any real issues as yet.

Picked up Darkest Dungeon on the cheap in the GOG sale. It's rather good.

Hurrah! For the first time I have managed to kill the Ender Dragon in Minecraft.

Had the game for years.

I take a very long time with all my games.

Privateer 2 and Rebel Galaxy- got the one on sale at GOG.com and the other came along for free! Makes me wistful for the old EB games bargain bins; ah, the late 90's and early 00's...

Speaking of GOG, I just finished a game called "Dreamfall: The Longest Journey". I gushed about it to others immediately after the credits rolled in. It's a sequel to a game called 'The Longest Journey' (a point and click game from 1999), and both those games have some of the best writing I've ever seen in a video game.

Honestly, Dreamfall was way ahead of its time in terms of storytelling in a video game. The controls in the sequel are a bit wonky, but if you're interested in it, I'd seriously recommend the pair of them. I always tell people to play/watch/read things in release order, and if you play The Longest Journey first, it will make you appreciate Dreamfall a million times more.

There's also a third and final installment called 'Dreamfall Chapters' which is available on both console and PC, but I've not played it yet. I've heard it's a great conclusion. Either way, those first two games are worth playing for the writing alone. It's a criminally underrated series.

Be prepared to have a guide handy though, they were the first games that ever made me need one.

I have also heard great things about the Dreamfall series; I would add that to my media bucket list should I ever be placed on house arrest or likewise arrangement. Right alongside the Baldurs Gate series ( or pretty much anything with Bioware stamped on it), Nexus: the Jupiter Mission, Chrono Cross, Xenosaga...I could go on and on.

And then there would be the books...but that's a different sort of thread I believe.

I have been going back and forth playing a bit of Inside, Hard West, and Dropzone. Inside is a 2d side scroller with an amazing lighting and atmosphere. Hard West is a turn based strategy based in the Weird West. Dropzone, what I played most of lately, is a RTS and MOBA mix (it's early access right now, but I really enjoy this game and seeing it develop). :D

playing a bit of Inside, Hard West

Really like both of those games. I finished Inside but haven't finished Hard West yet - I really should go back to it at some point.

Absolutely loving Darkest Dungeon, as I'm getting to grips with the tactics and mechanics. I hear there's a major difficulty spike later on but at the moment it's great fun - more than worth the £7 I paid for it. There's an expansion for it due out next week.

Also, there's a big announcement due today regarding an expansion for XCOM 2 - just when I thought I'd kicked that particular addiction . . . :rolleyes:

Annnd back into Final Fantasy XIV again. But the Stormblood expansion comes out next week and I have it pre-ordered so early access on Friday and I need to be back in the groove before then!

Hoping we get a Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen release date for the PS4 during E3. I never got the expanded version but the basic game was fantastic. Dialogue was 'aught' shoddy at times and the storyline had a great beginning and end but went missing for 40 hours in between. The gameplay, however, is hands down the best of any modern RPG.

I hope it sells well and they make a proper sequel, not some sort of MMO ****.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen was an amazing game. The gameplay was ridiculously well done, and especially as a game from Capcom, I never expected such a well-made RPG. I never played the original, because on xbox 360 they removed it and kept Dark Arisen, so I wouldn't know what the differences were, but I can assure you, the game I played was also one of my top experiences with a video game.

It has something that I like to call a 'more' factor, which is when a story/game goes further than I would expect. Dragon's Dogma had such a great story and ending, and I'd love a sequel, but it's one of those games where the ending was wrapped so well, that I am completely satisfied with it.

I played XCom: Enemy Unknown to death back in the day...

I have to laugh at the stress mechanic in Darkest Dungeon - it reminds me very much of playing Call of Cthulhu back in the day. I sent a party into a 'long' dungeon last night and one of my best characters maxed out on stress quite early in the run and rolled the 'masochistic' affliction. After that he wouldn't accept any healing and was begging the enemies to attack him, saying things like "What's one more scar?" :LOL: It was both funny and tense. I was sure he was going to die but they all made it through in the end, somehow. Great game!