What Are You Currently Playing?

1. Robert Mackay

Robert Mackay Not all those who wander... Oh, actually, I am.

I'm playing Endless Space 2 - it's a 4X game, and it's really rather nicely done. I've barely scratched the surface, though... and I've already managed to ruin my first civilisation. :)

Bugg and Phyrebrat like this.
  2. Phyrebrat

Phyrebrat ba-Ba-ba-brat

Ermmmm... aren't you meant to be limiting your screen time, Mr?

pH

3. Robert Mackay

Robert Mackay Not all those who wander... Oh, actually, I am.

I have glasses now! I even sometimes remember to wear them.

4. Bugg

Bugg A Lerxst in Wonderland

I played it a fair bit in Early Access but have only looked at it briefly since the full release. I like that they've taken a lot of what worked so well in Endless Legend and combined it with the first Endless Space, then added more stuff like the politics etc. Their interfaces are always so slick and intuitive.

Robert Mackay likes this.
  5. thaddeus6th

thaddeus6th Well-Known Member

Heir, yeah, I just wish they'd made a proper sequel instead of some multiplayer online tosh.

Maybe if the re-release gets good sales we might actually get a proper sequel.

6. AlexanderSen

AlexanderSen Cosmic Ghost

I have been playing Starship Corporation. It's in early access, and there are some bugs to work out, but you get to build interstellar starships - so what's not to love? :D

7. Bugg

After a lot of deliberation I finally succumbed to the Steam Summer Sale and got five games:

Hollow Knight
    Hyper Light Drifter
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Firewatch
    Stardew Valley

Hollow Knight and Hyper Light Drifter are both brilliant. I'm not sure Stardew Valley is really my kind of thing but it might get a look in when all else fails. I haven't downloaded Ori yet.

I had to refund Firewatch as it was giving me awful motion sickness. Fortunately I was three minutes short of Steam's 2 hour limit for refunds. I may will use the refund to get Salt & Sanctuary instead.

Oh and I've been playing a bit of Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander again. It's really good fun.

8. AlexanderSen

AlexanderSen Cosmic Ghost

Lately, I have been playing many hours of a game called Gundam Breaker 3 on the PS4. You get to build your own customizable Mobile Suit and fight with it. Pretty Awesome if you ask me.

9. Bugg

I'm back on Elite Dangerous after about two years away from it. It seems to me to be a much better game, now, and is evoking the feelings I had when I played Frontier back in the day. I may even have bought a Hotas to play it with :ninja:

10. Vince W

Vince W Well-Known Member

Trying out EVE Online for the first time. What I really want to play is Star Citizen, but I have to get a new computer capable of running it first.

11. HoopyFrood

HoopyFrood Well-Known Member

The Stormblood expansion came out for FF14 and I've finished it (and become a level 70 Red Mage in the process having changed from Monk halfway through. Love this new class!) The story was cool and it was nice to have a proper, utter evil bastard type as the enemy. I don't feel like it's had the highs and lows of the Heavensward/Dragonsong stuff, but then there are plenty more patches to come yet to add more.

Now it's back to daily roulettes and grinding until new stuff comes out!

12. Paul_C

Paul_C Well-Known Member

I mentioned elsewhere that I bought an XBox One a couple of weeks ago, but haven't had much time yet to play :(

I've mostly played Forza Horizon 2 so far, waiting in the wings are Dishonored 2, Doom, Fifa 17 (all acquired as a bundle), Witcher 3 and Deus Ex: Something-or-other.

I've got an extensive wishlist and 15 games from my XBox 360 can be played too, but I'm in no great rush until I've worked through a few of the above.

13. steffthecat

steffthecat Science fiction fantasy

I can't get enough of Skyrim!

14. Bugg

I've been continuing with Elite: Dangerous, and also played a bit of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (more Naughty Dog brilliance).

But they'll both be going on hold for a while as I'll be making a start on XCOM 2: War of the Chosen tonight (assuming it downloads in time!).

15. Bugg

Dug my 3DS out of the cupboard for the first time in about two years to play a bit of Metroid: Samus Returns. Love the Metroid games - the 'proper' ones, anyway.

16. thaddeus6th

I'm playing Pillars of Eternity (PS4 edition). Not played much just lately due to lack of time, but I'm enjoying it a lot. Must say the text/lore-heavy nature will put some people off, but it's right up my street.

17. Bugg

^^ Played that on pc when it came out. Really good. Keep meaning to go back for the White March expansion(s).

18. thaddeus6th

I know it's a ye olde style game but, despite having played games since the days of cassette tapes, I hadn't ever played this particular RPG type before. Interesting to see I still like it a lot despite the total absence of nostalgia.

19. AlexH

AlexH Well-Known Member

Which means there's so much for you to discover (if you want to)!

20. cyberpunkdreams

cyberpunkdreams Well-Known Member

I've got it too, looking forward to play it (so many games to play!) The current new game I'm playing is NieR:Automata.