If there was a movie?

megari's suggestion of Harrison Ford as Belgarath is pretty good. I can easily envision Indiana Jones in a fantasy setting. and with Eva Green as Polgara beside him, great choices.
sorry Flint... Morena Baccarin? poor girl has no chin! She's beautiful, sort of, and certainly plays elegant well... she just lacks majesty. no sense of the Regal. Polgara is the Empress of All-She-Surveys from her every movement.
Ed Speelers as Our Garion? chop off your fingers for writing such a heinous comment ;) But good gods no... he's even worse than Jeremy Irons and John Malkovitch in Eragon. Absolutely ZERO acting ability. We'd be better off casting him as one of the trees in the Asturian Forest. he's seriously that wooden.

Christopher Lee has made his career out of the bad-guy. Lets keep him that way, and if he were to ever be cast in a film of these books, he would have to play Ctuchik. or at the VERY least Zedar

what about Brian Blessed as Mandorallen? my head has had him in the role since i first read the books, could have Kenneth Branagh as silk and angelica houston as Polgara too...

brian blessed? is there more than one brian blessed? seriously, the only one listed on imdb is 71 years old.... that 40 years too old for mandorallen (at least).

Really wish David Eddings could take a look at this forum.. soooo many ppl would love to see a film made out of the Belgariad series.

Really wish David Eddings could take a look at this forum.. soooo many ppl would love to see a film made out of the Belgariad series.

sure, but for the love of Pete, don't let him use Asimov or Heinlein's agents for it.

Sean Connery would be the best person for belgarath he has wisdom beyond his yrs. And Danny Devito as beldin that would be interesting. or maybe John ries Davies played the dwarf in lord of the rings.

Ah now you're talking! But for Pol it would have to be someone older and more distinguished. Thinking of the woman out of The Adams Family.
But yea i'd love to see this as a movie!

Silk - Steve Bushemi
Barak - Liev Schriever
Durnik - Aaron Eckhart

lucy-lawless-2.jpg

I'm sure you could find more pictures of her elsewhere, but it was hard to find a good one in a hurry. It's best to see her in action. Also, she has a great singing voice, just like Polgara is supposed to have. (Though she can't sing with more than one voice at a time...:p)

lucy lawless is a perfect fit for Polgara.... BUT... she's Xena... what director could resist putting our Pol in a fight scene if the Warrior Princess is playing her?
I have, however, always envisioned something of Lucy Lawless whenever i pictured Polgara... so shes a great choice. And she still looks good 10-ish years on from Xena too.

Right we got the cast,now can we get Peter Jackson to do the script once he's finished The Hobbit? Don't let Hollywood get hold of it tho,let it be a European production!

Sorry guys, but I really can't see Lucy Lawless as Pol. She's too butch, she's not delicate enough to be Aunt Pol! Not that Aunt Pol is really delicate, but she's a lady of class. She can rough it when she has to, but she's a lady of refined taste and bearing. I just see Lucy Lawless as a bit too rough and heavy-handed.

I think Angelina Jolie could pull it off; I think she could play a very light and delicate character well, but also have Pol's sometimes ruthless (Doroon's Arm!) bearing, along with the motherly side she shows.

Sorry guys, but I really can't see Lucy Lawless as Pol. She's too butch, she's not delicate enough to be Aunt Pol! Not that Aunt Pol is really delicate, but she's a lady of class. She can rough it when she has to, but she's a lady of refined taste and bearing. I just see Lucy Lawless as a bit too rough and heavy-handed.

I think Angelina Jolie could pull it off; I think she could play a very light and delicate character well, but also have Pol's sometimes ruthless (Doroon's Arm!) bearing, along with the motherly side she shows.

How is Lucy Lawless butch? LOL.

alas for Angelina fans... she always looks like a ... ho... in just about every movie she's in. I love her, i think she's also a Really great actress... she's just NOT Polgara material. Pol is all majesty, virtue and grace... and whilst Angelina can pull of majesty occasionally, and maybe grace... she could never pull of virtuous.