The Dark Knight (2008)

How much are you looking foward to this movie?

• A little

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A lot

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Can't freaken wait!

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • not very

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Re: The Dark Knight: Nolan and Bale’s Batman 2

I agree, Heath is the best live action Joker yet. Great writing + Great performance. Some people are saying, however, that the character of the Joker should be retired from movies and that's just silly. I'm sure there is talent out there that could take on the role. If the current creative team does do another Batman, though, it would be redundant to have a Joker-centric story again. So many of the Villians are cheesey, it would be hard to translate them in the more realistic (compared to other interpretations) world of Nonlan's Batman. Seems the next direction if they do more would be about Batman more as an outlaw.
batman is an outlaw in frank millers the dark knight returns accually he goes through such a rampage to stop the joker and get away the government sends superman to kill him

i thought heath was perfect btw he captured all the best jokers from the comics in one great performance, perfect laugh the frown at the end was my fav joker scene even with the scars he didnt always smile

I can't wait for this to come out on Blu-Ray/DVD.

Say what? It came out months ago in India. How come it's so late to Arizona?

The dark knight........

The Dark Knight is based upon characters appearing in which beloved comic books published by DC Comics?

Heath Ledger.......??????.......film-making has gone to hell....him as the Joker, now that really is the biggest JOKE of all!!!!!

I'll reserve judgement until I see the movie. I have to say that I was most impressed by Bale's first outing as the Caped Crusader. Hopefully this will be just as good (if not better):)

And, indeed, like many casting decisions they can seem lame - I had only seen Heath Ledger in Grimm's and he was just a wooden prop in that. As the Joker, however, he deserved all of the hyped criticism he received.

Wow....the crow that is to be consumed must be the size of a pterodactyl. :D

I was certainly surprised by the decisions to make him the Joker when it was announced. I never saw him as a villian. Ever.

But what he did was amazing. It is a shame he died.

I also thought he was excellent in the movie.

I was completely shocked when they announced he was to be the Joker. The movies I knew him from were A Knights Tale, and 10 Things I Hate About You. Quite different from The Dark Knight.

Re: The dark knight........

Strangely enough I thought I was being sarcastic. Wow I was wondering is it Batboy or Batman can't figure out which it is? Aha, it's Batman! Jordana answer this, how did Bruce Wayne become Batman? We all know how Peter Parker became Spiderman etc.

Re: The dark knight........

i think it is based on BATMAN comics.......