What was the last movie you saw?

I've finally watched The Dark Tower. What a boring movie ! If you didn't see it yet, I strongly recommend you to look for something more interesting.

The Last Jedi.... :cry: I think that I may actually have preferred The Phantom Menace!!!! There were some very nice bits no question but overall colour me exceedingly disappointed

Spectral 2016 - generally follows the Alien storyline, look and characters, like many other flix, but well, it's all soldiers versus 'Spectral Anomolies', and they are pretty tough. An action movie with lots of action, for some reason it never gets actually scary, probably the soundtrack isn't weird enough.

Spectral 2016 - generally follows the Alien storyline, look and characters, like many other flix, but well, it's all soldiers versus 'Spectral Anomolies', and they are pretty tough. An action movie with lots of action, for some reason it never gets actually scary, probably the soundtrack isn't weird enough.

agreed - it was surprisingly good

Shadow of the Vampire (2000)
An unusual story about the making of Nosferatu starring John Malkovich who plays the director of the 1922 film. Some great scenes in it, Willem Dafoe playing a guy called Schrek, an uber method actor who played Nosferatu, is fabulous.
Makes me want to see the original Nosferatu now...
Apparently the director of the 1922 movie was not allowed to film the novel Dracula, the author's estate forbade it. So he simply called it Nosferatu. Interestingly the name Nosferatu does feature in Stoker's book , tho it is used as a descriptive noun for a vampire.

I saw Rezort, after reading somebody's post about it a few pages ago. Thoroughly entertaining!

Spectral
(2016) based upon your description, J Riff, I think I will enjoy this one; thanks!

Shadow of the Vampire
(2000), just put it in my NF dvd queue. The actual film Nosferatu is rather creepy, AE35Unit. I highly recommenced it!

Myself, I recently watched BATKID, which I thought was just a 35 second news item about a kid's Make A Wish request. :cry: As I understand it, his leukemia is in remission, so, maybe a happy ending, after all. Anyway, this is a documentary about the fulfillment of the boy's wish to be Batman. He was only 5 when they did it, so his grasp on reality was likely poor, at best. Oops, the title is BATKID BEGINS, THE WISH HEARD AROUND THE WORLD (2015). Way cute, they had the villains dressed according to the 1960s series that he had been watching at home.

The Giant Spider is a parody of the 1950s sci-fi films of that subject. It is even gray-scale. :lol:

Shadow of the Vampire (2000)
An unusual story about the making of Nosferatu starring John Malkovich who plays the director of the 1922 film. Some great scenes in it, Willem Dafoe playing a guy called Schrek, an uber method actor who played Nosferatu, is fabulous.
Makes me want to see the original Nosferatu now...
Apparently the director of the 1922 movie was not allowed to film the novel Dracula, the author's estate forbade it. So he simply called it Nosferatu. Interestingly the name Nosferatu does feature in Stoker's book , tho it is used as a descriptive noun for a vampire.

I really liked this movie when I saw it years ago.

Just an FYI: The original Nosferatu was an unauthorized version of Dracula, the estate of Bram Stoker sued and the film was supposed to be destroyed. Fortunately someone broke the law and not all copies were destroyed. By today's standards, some of the film may be unintentionally funny, but parts are still quite effective. The look of the vampire inspired the first Salem's Lot mini-series, and Werner Herzog later remade Nosferatu with Klaus Kinski as the vampire; it's also quite good.

Randy M.

Guardians of the Galaxy II; good to see Merle again, but
he died in the end! Redeemed himself by self-sacrifice. Hmm, isn't that how he died in TWD?
. Anyway an entertaining action / adventure film with a touch of humor.

*Sorry about lack of memory for actor's names, characters are easier!

I watched The Rezort last week. It was okay, but I doubt I’d watch it again.

Bad Santa 2 and Office Christmas Party, amusing enough.

Stasis (2017)

A good time travel flick, with an innovative twist !

The acting's not the greatest, and the futuristic bad-guy is cliché, but I found the major storyline enough to hold my interest.

Mostly entertaining!

Dr. Seuss: How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) - Wonderful to see this movie annually, since it's first release. Actor, Jim Carrey is perfect for the title role. And director, Ron Howard did a spectacular job filming this holiday treat. It's also a nice touch to have actor, Anthony Hopkins narrating.

The Creature Wasn't Nice (1983 - a.k.a. Naked Space & Spaceship) - Creator, Bruce Kimmel, wanted to make an ALIEN (1979 - Ridley Scott) spoof film. so he wrote, directed and acted in the movie, along with TV & film veterans, Cindy Williams, Patrick Macnee, Leslie Neilsen and Gerritt Graham. The result was a mild comedy, sci-fi adventure, with a shoe-string budget. Not a great film, but not bad. I still chuckle at the silliness of it. I've seen this a few times, and prefer it over the Star Wars 7 flick (which I will probably never watch again).

Over the Hedge (2006) - Awesome animated film that I love watching now-and-then. For me, this is one of the greatest animated movies of all time. An outstanding story, filled with humor and drama, plus, a truck-load of talented veteran actors doing the voices for the characters.

I watched a movie called Coherence last night.

The films is set at a dinner party where six friends get together. A comet causes multiple realities to intertwine. It was a pretty good movie and I will watch it again. Good Sci fi.

Coherence (film) - Wikipedia

Spectral (2016) , last night, on J Riff's recommendation, & very happy I did. Thanks, J Riff! Anyway, this features the 5th state of matter, which, until recently, was purely theoretical. I am sure I saw an article about it just a few days ago, -- yes, Long-theorized new form of matter, excitonium, finally discovered. So ---- :whistle: less said, the better! I will say that an engineer/scientist who has built a broadband viewing device, one that allows humans to see the entire light spectrum, is brought into a combat zone to evaluate what soldiers had seen through their own viewers that he himself had made.
An unknown assailant had killed more than a few of them. & he had been sent to determine what they had actually seen. He brought a viewer that had a wider bandwidth than the ones on the helmets, so he was better able to see the phenomenon.

Very well made film. :LOL: Is it an action, or an adventure, or a Horror film? :D NF Exclusive, though.

Spectral spoilage============But, I couldn't take it very seriously as a movie, once the Aliens sequence commenced. I mean... was that supposed to be a tribute, or what? It got quite ridiculous when the Gorman character, the woman, hit her head, then the Newt character... I was watching that, instead of the movie. But then it pulls out of it, and they manage to shoot the anomolies a million times, and pull the plug on them. The spectral CGI people were well done, but they were killing people, 19 soldiers right away, and we had no idea why, or how, so I just waited it out, with my pulse not pounding much. *
"Pull your team out, Whatsyername!"
Stasis I watched today, with far less enthusiasm than Cathbad evinces, but Time Travel is not of mulch interest here, after massive Terminator overexposure.

The Alligator People (1959)

Fair-to-middling monster movie. Under hypnosis, a woman (B favorite Beverly Garland) reveals the horrible experience she has repressed. It seems that her husband disappeared when he got a mysterious telegram while they were on a train going away on their honeymoon. She tracks him down to a mansion way down in the Louisiana swampland. Eventually she finds out her husband, who survived a terrible plane crash before their marriage, was healed by Mad Science, and he's developing scaly skin and a raspy voice. The plot moves slowly, and has the feeling of a Gothic mystery until the very end, when the husband goes into full Alligator Person mode. Along for the fun is Lon Chaney, Jr., as a swamp rat who lost his hand to an alligator, so he goes around shooting them.

Conjuring 2 (2016)

Went into this one thinking it'd be formulaic - so I wasn't disappointed.

Gotta give kudos to all the actors: It is the tendency of many - especially the young or inexperienced - to go "over the top" in a horror flick. Here, everyone kept it a bit understated, and seemed more real because of it.

The story was a good one. And though there were no surprises (I'm partial to surprises, especially in horror), it was still a good, old fashioned horror flick!

Enjoyable.