What was the last movie you saw?

Wolverine was on the goggle box last night. Quite entertaining. I'm not sure why it received so much flak when it was released.

Logan was a breath of fresh air in the Superhero movie genre. A lot of fun.

La La Land. Pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed the lightness of it all. It was a bit of a throw back to a more innocent time.

Arrival Good film. An upbeat departure from War of the Worlds-type first contact offerings. Given time, Humanity might yet prove beneficial to the rest of the Universe. ;)

Moana(1926)

Silent film with sound added decades later by the daughter of the director, Robert J. Flaherty, the guy who did the famous Nanook of the North (1922) and other semi-documentary films. It deals with daily life on an island in Samoa. The inhabitants were given fictional roles, and asked to act in ways that were already anachronistic at the time of filming, so it can't be taken for serious anthropology. But it's an interesting recreation of what things might have been like in the old days.

(I guess Disney took the name of their animated heroine from this old film. In the original, Moana is a young man. Can't have a man with a name ending in "a"!)

Logan

Logan was like Johnny Cash's song Hurt,

a poignant, powerful story about aging, a superhero who has lost everything but still cant change who he is. Great brutal action,violence, great potrayal of Wolverine that only existed in the best Wolverine comics from late 80s,early 90s by Frank Miller, Chris Claremont etc.

I loved the film because i enjoyed hardcore,down to earth Wolverine comics, not the lame X-men films he was in. I never read X-Men comics but always like Wolverine on his own, like Max Punisher comics by Garth Ennis. A mile better than every X-men film.

Hang 'Em High (1968) - I had forgotten how great this classic movie is. I haven't seen this in ages.

Saps at Sea (1940) - Wonderful Laurel & Hardy film. Still fun to watch after so many years.

The Magnificent Seven (2016) - Outstanding western. Awesome.

Luke Cage Hero For Hire, episode one: No like, comic book better.
Batman Lego Movie. Heh. Heh, heh. HAhahahahaaa*

I loved the film because i enjoyed hardcore,down to earth Wolverine comics, not the lame X-men films he was in. I never read X-Men comics but always like Wolverine on his own, like Max Punisher comics by Garth Ennis. A mile better than every X-men film.

Welcome back to the chrons forums @Connavar - you have been missed. :)

Stealth and Alien Vs Predator was on telly last night.

I quite enjoyed them both.

Le Corbeau(1943) A fine piece of French Noir about a small French town that is plagued by a series of poison pen letters.

Interestingly, this movie was banned for a while (but re-released in 1947). It was a French movie made during the German Occupation and distributed by a German company (Continental).

Mouse, watch it on TV? I also saw Thor for the first time quite recently. Thought it was pretty good.

Mouse, watch it on TV? I also saw Thor for the first time quite recently. Thought it was pretty good.

I did watch it on TV, but I don't have a TV licence so not when it was aired. It was alright, I'll probably watch the others. I presume there's others. I've seen the Avengers with Thor in.

Yep, there's at least one, maybe two, more Thor films. Not seen them, though.

Crimson Peak - really enjoyed it. Stunning visuals, creepy atmosphere and a superb performance from Jessica Chastain.

Gah, Thor will be in the next Dr. Strange, just like he was in Strange Tales comics. I've had more than enough Marvel/DC superhero movies, but Batman Lego is pretty funny.

I loved Lego Batman, it's been a long time since I've actually laughed out loud at a film so much.

Crimson Peak - really enjoyed it. Stunning visuals, creepy atmosphere and a superb performance from Jessica Chastain.
Oooh, this one's on my To-Watch list. I read the book adaptation of the screenplay and really enjoyed it. Glad to hear the movie was good! :D