What was the last movie you saw?

Boorman himself described it as an "extraordinary farrago" (commentary track) and "too ambitious for its own good" (Adventures of a Suburban Boy). Who am I to disagree with him?

It was an incredibly ambitious film , had the script been tighter, Zardoz would very likely be one great science fiction films of all time. It comes close to being a good film even the way it is. This is a film that should do reboot of.

As I was watching Zardoz I was reminded of another film but I couldn't remember what it was. 12 hours later the name just popped into my head:
Im Straub Der Sterne (aka In the Dust of the Stars) - a 1976 East German SF epic of bewildering otherness which I now need to watch again.

10 Cloverfield Lane... well, it should have been a serial killer movie... or an alien invasion flick.. but not both. Coulda shoulda woulda, but no, it isn't.

Most of Swamp Shark - a lacklustre TV movie about a giant shark which 'terrorises' a Louisiana swamp. I gave after the Plot Point Delivering Geeky One character found a web page which filled in a lot of the back story for us. To give him an excuse to tell us, the audience, some more of the back story our Mature but Still Attractive Female Head of the Family character said, "What else does it say about this giant indestructible shark from deep in the ocean on that webpage that I am quite capable of reading myself but the audience needs to hear someone say it out loud?"

just watched an animated movie Ronal the Barbarian - it's not child friendly but it is childishly funny

'Sharknado 3 - Oh Hell No' Really. And there's a 4th movie too... but this one is ridiculous, of course... and it manages to go the extra mile of ludicrosity... but, can't imagine what they can do to out-nonsensicalize it in the 4th one.. so will probably have to watch it, too.

Ooog, #3 is already in space... sharks can breathe there, it turns out.. So #4 must be in a galaxy far far away? I will investigate. )

I just watched Equilibrium. It was decent, except for some glaring plot holes.

The Lego Movie (2014)

Shockingly great!!! One of the rare movies I can tolerate actor Will Ferrell in. Outstanding animated movie that had some wonderful and disturbingly accurate messages in it. A couple of surprise voice actors in the movie as well.

Sharknado4... Well it's all over now... Sharknados (which do quite well in space) ..can also mutate into, yknow, other types of 'nados... electrical, atomic, cownados... * no further comment. )

The Ninja Squad - the third Godfrey Ho movie I have seen and, sadly, the least dreadful. Ho has 'directed' 132 movies. This one - and many others - was 'directed' by him in the sense of he took a ratty print of an cheap, violent modern day Asian gangster/revenge film, took out about 20 minutes of the running time (probably at random) and spliced in some new footage of white people doing 'Ninja' fighting shot in a field behind the studio offices. Then redubbing the whole thing in a wide variety of accents. Our Asian hero has an Australian accent his girlfriend starts out with some sort of wild Kentucky hillbilly accent which the actress is unable to sustain for long and other characters just shout in generic Hong Kong martial arts.

We know the white guys in this film are ninjas because, not only do they tell us they are ninjas in every other sentence they utter, but they all have 'Ninja' (in Roman script) written on their hachimakis (headbands).

Anything that made the Asian gangster film stuff and the White guy Ninja stuff have any relationship with each other past the opening credits was possibly accidental.

Here's the trailer:

Pete's Dragon. Better than I'd expected. Took the grandkids to it and they were properly enthralled. A hairy, green dragon with a lantern jaw was a little bit much as a CGI critter, as opposed to the original cartoon. But it was done pretty well.

Lego Movie. Yeah, ha ha... 'everything is awesome'. Fear the Kragle! Watched it again for all the background stuff. Will FArrell is only in it for a couple minutes, the stars are plastic characters, my fave being Uni-Kitty.