What was the last movie you saw?

I didn't see it, but my ten-year-old says Earth To Echo is "the best film ever." His younger brother agrees as he tends to do. The adult opinion?

My mother fell asleep.

I watched Weekend last night, which is a gay indie Brit-flick. And the other day I watched The Golden Compass again when it was on TV.

The Marx Brothers' Duck Soup with my three kids (aged 5, 10 and 12). All three of them laughed more than I have seen them laugh with a film for ages. My 5 year old boy thinks Harpo is a comedy genius and, for days, hasn't stopped talking about the moments Harpo glued the newspaper to Louis Calhern's trousers and appeared in Edgar Kennedy's bath . I think it's great that, given all the sophisticated CGI post-ironical stuff they get bombarded with, they still find 80 year old black and white slapstick so funny.

Hotel Budapest - Watched under vague protest as from the trailers it looked like one of those films that desperately tries to hard. But it is very funny, and ended up loving it.

The Marx Brothers' Duck Soup with my three kids (aged 5, 10 and 12). All three of them laughed more than I have seen them laugh with a film for ages. My 5 year old boy thinks Harpo is a comedy genius and, for days, hasn't stopped talking about the moments Harpo glued the newspaper to Louis Calhern's trousers and appeared in Edgar Kennedy's bath . I think it's great that, given all the sophisticated CGI post-ironical stuff they get bombarded with, they still find 80 year old black and white slapstick so funny.

Its been far too long since I saw a Marx bros film! They never put them on TV now!

Born Invincible (1978) - 90+ minutes of old school chop-socky. "You *******! Listen! Now I am going to kill you. And you will die!" "Hahaha! No - I will kill you!" "We will see who is going to die." Whack! Ugh! Crack! "Hoo yaa! "Whack Whack whack!" "Hahahahaha!" "You have killed him!" Yes! Hahahahaha!" Now I will kill you...!" with more zoom shots per square minute than any five Jess Franco films combined.

I think the good guys won.

Lucy. Not bad, but it's a film more akin to Transcendence or 2001: A Space Odyssey than The Fifth Element.

Maybe I missed something but are you comparing Lucy to The Fifth Element because Luc Besson directed both?

I just watched a "documentary" from 2004 called Dragon's World: A Fantasy Made Real. It's made in the form of a real documentary on the history and evolution of dragons here on earth. It starts with a set of dragons interacting with a t-rex and goes through their adaptation and survival of the meteor that killed the dinosaurs. Dragons continue to interact with mammals over the growing age, but begin their decline as Man discovers fire - because now for the first time their primary weapon has been matched. They finally become extinct during the middle ages, with the most recent dragon remains dating only about 500 years ago.

Its quite "educational", with detailed physiological comparisons to known animals to explain how dragons functioned. Quite fun. :)

Hotel Budapest - Watched under vague protest as from the trailers it looked like one of those films that desperately tries to hard. But it is very funny, and ended up loving it.

I liked the film too. It's quirky and funny and has an unusual feel about it.

Watched The Monuments Men, good but could have been better.

B-b-but... Beastmaster has Tanya Roberts! :eek:

I mean...

tumblr_mbv9c2g1M11r78dpqo1_500.jpg

Tanya Roberts!

Edge of Tomorrow - Starring Tom Cruise & Emily Blunt

I think I must have seen all of Tommy's films (when you've know him as long as I have you can call him Tommy).

Why? Because I'm looking for one to hate. So I was very disappointed again because this was another blockbuster. Absolutely loved it. D'oh!
However, in the opening few minutes I actually thought I'd found one but then he goes and knocks another one out of the ballpark.

Xenu & L. Ron Hubbard must be helping him somehow (lol).

The Creature Wasn't Nice (1983) - dear gods! a candidate for the worst film I have seen this year (and in the last few months I have watched such delights as: Hellbreeder, Shark Attack 2, Lesbian Vampire Killers, and Ator the Invicible.) The Creature Wasn't Nice (aka Naked Space) is a truly awful 'film'. If not the worst then certainly one of the least funny.
After a while I realised the most interesting thing on screen was spotting the number of times you could see the studio ceiling over the top of the set.

This was one of the first films I rented when I first owned a VCR. It was then known as Spaceship (apparently to jump on the bandwagon of Airplane!.) Not very good indeed.

I remenber very little beyond the song "I Want to Eat Your Face."

Noah (2014)

An unusual interpretation of the Prophet Noah. Peace be upon him.

Despicable Me 2 (2013)

Very good sequel to the original animated feature.