B-Movies And Awful Films

Journey To The Center Of The Earth is a popular title. These seem more like a reuse of the title rather a remake of the movie.

According to wiki:

Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959 film)
A Journey to the Center of the Earth (1977 film)
Where Time Began (1977)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (1989 film)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (1993 film)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (1999 miniseries)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008 direct-to-video film)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008 theatrical film)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008 TV film)

Wow! Looks like It's been remade more times then Beau Geste .:)

The Phantom Planet 1961 . An astronaut from Earth lands on the traveling planetoid Rayton whose inhalants look like dolls sized human beings . He gets shrunk down by the gravity and captured by the inhalants who befriend him. He find that the people of this world at one time were normal sized but because gravity manipulation technology they been using , their world and they have shrinking down through the ages and that one point in the future , they get so small they disappear from the universe altogether. They also at war Marauding race a rove of Rover dog like pirate aliens who need Rayton's gravity manipulation technology to keep themselves from getting sun into the sun. This is silly film but, it's very entertaining stuff . Richard Keel know as Jaws has an uncredited role as one the aliens :)
I’m watching it right now, silly but fun

I think it's petty that the B movie has a gone away. Its taken way some of the fun of going to the movies.

It like to see a big budget retro Rocketeer series with Commando Cody and friends. :cool:

There was a fab Cinemaware game released in the late 1980's called 'Rocket Ranger' about a guy who has to defeat the Nazis in WWII whilst rescuing the professor (and his beautiful daughter) along the way. That would have made for a great storyline.

There was the 1945 film Zombies of Broadway . It was a comedy and a Bela Lugosi film :)

Which reminds me of a tale from Vincent Price when he and Peter Lorre went to Lugosi's funeral. As they gazed upon his body, all dressed up in his Dracula costume, Lorre whispers to Price "Should we put a stake through his heart?"

:unsure:

Which reminds me of a tale from Vincent Price when he and Peter Lorre went to Lugosi's funeral. As they gazed upon his body, all dressed up in his Dracula costume, Lorre whispers to Price "Should we put a stake through his heart?"

:unsure:

Lugosi was buried with his cape. In terseting story about him. Lugosi was found dead in bed , on his chest was a script for movie which he was reading. The title of the script The Final Curtain .

The Alligator People 1959 A scientist etreating man for reptile like skin condition with radiation accidentally doses him with too much radiation causing him o morph into humanoid Alligator, The makeup like the film is very unimpressive . The one thing of interest in this film is that Lon Chaney Jr is in it playing a crazy man with a hook for an arm a fanatical desire to kill the Alligator man.:D