Fav Character (David Eddings)

Ha, I do that with sites all the time.
Welcome back then! And Happy birthday for yesterday.

Welcome Abbot!

...as long as no one else shows any affinity for my Ulath everything will be okay. :p

Ulath is from the Elenium series, and he appears in the Tamuli series, too. He's a tall Genidian Knight with braided blond hair, swings a war-axe, and has a wry sense of humour. He's also got a lot of fans amongst the female side of Eddings' readers.:) He first appears in The Diamond Throne, and features in all of the other books in both series.

Fans? Hmmm.... I just see me here holding onto Ulath (why yes, chains are necessary). :D

I still think it's strange all the MarySue activity revolves around Bevier.

Well ill stick with the girls with ulath then i need a manly figure atm lol.

Markida - you get Kalten, I'll even march Alean down to the departing docks myself if you can keep an eye on Ulath for me now and then. *shifty eyes towards other girls

I'm reminded of a really funny fan written story about how two fan girls manage to land Bevier and Tynian.

Uhmm... for me it'd be Aphrael... in all her incarnations... For a goddess she's really not the usual type. I adore her interaction with everybody, but especially with Sparhawk, Sephrenia and other gods... or with herself... *rofl*

~ Sira
(And no, I'm not new... I just have been away for a few years. :p)

For me it has to be either Sparhawk, Martel or Klael (i find it to hard to decide between them) from the Elenium/Tamuli and Silk from the Belgariad.

Zombie, don't worry, no one will get their mitts on Ulath if I've got anything to do with it :p Your man is safe

xXx

Thank you Markida! :)

Sir Sparhawk - why Klael? I totally understand Sparhawk and Martel but I supposed I never really gave Klael much consideration before.

I just like the idea of the planet travelling being of "evil" that is locked in an eternal conflict with the Bhelliom. And the fact that it brings in creatures from other worlds to help.

It was a pretty interesting character actually, I never really thought about it. It would make it very interesting to see Bhelliom or Klael making an appearance in another book. Or even learning about the other spirits that Flute mentions in Sapphire Rose.

yes, i would like it if David Edding ever wrote more in his Elenium/Tamuli series, to me they are his best books

Myself, I like the character of Polgara. She has a great inner strength as well as her 'powers'. The way she handles her father Belgarath, whom she refers to affectionately as 'Old Wolf' is quite humerous!

yeh i love polgara too espetially the ability of her eyes chaging colour according to her mood.

I think I love the Elenium/Tamuli more as well. I mean don't get me wrong the Belgariad/Malloreon are fantasic, I love them, but I think I prefer the Sparhawks stories, if I had to choose.

xXx

I'm an Elenium/Tamuli groupie as well. They just seemed not to take themselves as seriously as the Belgariad/Malloreon, which were okay but felt very heavy.

Just what would you folks propose as a sequel to Elenium/Tamuli if we were to see them again?