DISCUSSION THREAD -- MARCH 2023 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

I know we're not supposed to comment on our own entries before the conclusion of voting, but I'd just like to point out that I am in no way, shape, or form writing about myself here.

Sometimes it's hard to come up with a clever and meaningful title...
Sometimes it's hard to come up with a title that doesn't give the plot away. Although that hasn't stopped some famous works, A Midsummer Nights Dream, The Time Machine, Treasure Island, Jaws, Pooh Gets Stuck ;)

Although a lot of the time, the spoiler works in your favour. Like when you're reading 'Pooh Gets Stuck' and he's about to climb through the narrow rabbit hole, it gives the scene an incredible tension that wouldn't be there if the title didn't give the spoiler.

Had trouble getting mine down to 75 this month then suddenly found it was 74. Some months it’s no problem, others it takes ages.

@Starbeast
I'm still waiting for the Muse to drop by.

If she does, can you ask her where I've been going wrong?

Edit: which one are you hoping for? Calliope, Clio, Euterpe, Thalia, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Erato, Polyhymnia or Urania.

Last edited:
Edit: which one are you hoping for? Calliope, Clio, Euterpe, Thalia, Melpomene, Terpsichore, Erato, Polyhymnia or Urania.
Are you trying to make @Danny McG "fur(y)ious?" or "fury-less."

---------------

@Abernovo .... The future in my hands .... A story that made consider non-self-preservation scenarios.

@therapist .... Braised Pork .... A story that made me drool at the possibility of gaining a second chance.

@BigJ .... A Reason to Live .... A story which made me contemplate the danger of insufficient data.

@mosaix .... Member Benefits .... A story which highlights the dangers of living by one's convictions.

@emrosenagel .... The old astronaut, the Cosmos, and the moon-eyed child .... A story whose title made me wonder what all of these had in common.

@Astro Pen .... To He Who Waits .... A story which made me consider the power of education.

Finally, I had time to get to this. I had the idea from the start, but not a minute to spare.

@Hugh .... Chapel Perilous .... A story which made curious as to how real dreams can really be.

@C.Robin .... To make a perfect coffee .... A story which made me want my very own Coff-o-tron.

@Christine Wheelwright .... Second Chance? .... A story which made me think of the famous movie line "What we have here is a failure to communicate."
*Nice one Christine I never saw that coming!"

paranoid marvin: A cleverly comic look at literary clichés.

Troyzan787: A multilayered account of reality and fantasy.

Ashleyne: A gruesome tale of retribution.

AnRoinnUltra: A surreal look at a mysterious fate.

Luiglin: An unexpected twist on a familiar setting.

Far Stranger: A moving tale of a plausible future development.

Snicklefritz: A warning against doubting another's word.

Abernovo: An evocative example of a vital choice.

therapist: A subtle fable of failure to appreciate someone.

BigJ: A unique look at what might lie beyond.

mosaix: A twisted view of justice.

emrosenagel: A futuristic fairy tale of hope.

Astro Pen: A imaginative blend of past and future.

Hugh: A vivid portrait of fear.

C.Robin: A charming bit of anthropomorphism.

Christine Wheelwright: A witty play upon words.