Little Remembered TV Series and TV Movies

The Tripods. I vaguely remember it, but at the time I wasn't into it. Written by Christopher Priest I believe
I and some friends saw a scene being filmed near my home. I remember we were chased off by someone on the crew as the didn't want a bunch of possible ne're-do-wells hanging around.

Last edited:
Not sure about that. Based on books by John Christopher....
The only one I know is The John Cristopher novels . I like the tv series and wish they'd completed it .

Last edited:
The only one I know is The John Cristopher novels . I like to tv series and wish they'd completed it .

I recall reading John Christopher's Tripod Trilogy as a child. Also his Prince Trilogy which seems to be largely forgotten today but was a cracking story if my memory is correct.

I recall reading John Christopher's Tripod Trilogy as a child. Also his Prince Trilogy which seems to be largely forgotten today but was a cracking story if my memory is correct.
He did prequel novel to the Tripod Trilogy which ive not read not have ive not read the Prince Trilogy . :unsure::(

His novel The Death of Grass is quite good , was adapted as film.

@AllanR reminded me of Slavage1
I can remember loving the idea of going to Space slowly.

The Tripods tv series was something that I didn't watch at the time, but very much enjoyed later when viewing on DVD. Even in it's time t was an slow paced serial, and this was at a time when a slower pace (than is seen today) was often the norm.

I very much preferred the first series to the second, but both are still worth watching. It was a pity that the series wasn't completed, and this is another series which I'm staggered hasn't been revisited. A great story, with great characters and a ready made show for the likes of Prime or Netflix.

The Tripods tv series was something that I didn't watch at the time, but very much enjoyed later when viewing on DVD. Even in it's time t was an slow paced serial, and this was at a time when a slower pace (than is seen today) was often the norm.

I very much preferred the first series to the second, but both are still worth watching. It was a pity that the series wasn't completed, and this is another series which I'm staggered hasn't been revisited. A great story, with great characters and a ready made show for the likes of Prime or Netflix.

Reboot it.

One US series I liked when in high school was "Search". It was a show about a high-tech detective company, with computer assistance (in the early 70's !), remote monitoring of the field agents, embedded radio transceivers and the like. Episodes rotated among 3 field agents, occasionally 2 of them in one episode, with the same support crew at HQ with old Burgess Meredith as the controller.

Q. E .D 1982 with Sam Waterston He played inventor who had adventures. It didn't even last a season.

Even in it's time t was an slow paced serial, and this was at a time when a slower pace (than is seen today) was often the norm.

I've been thinking about that. It seems that many modern serials (Netflix, Prime etc) are padded out to stretch over too many episodes. I think the difference is that they now do it by adding sub-plots. Years ago they spent more time establishing a feel for the imagined world and the characters within it.

I found this on YouTube when looking for the science series QED. I remember watching this years ago.

I wish the network had given it more of chance than they did.