Little Remembered TV Series and TV Movies

I've been thinking about that. It seems that many modern serials (Netflix, Prime etc) are padded out to stretch over too many episodes. I think the difference is that they now do it by adding sub-plots. Years ago they spent more time establishing a feel for the imagined world and the characters within it.

Yes, nowadays tv series have to be constantly on the go, with an almost continuous of new things happening. You're right, older series spent more time focussing on the characters and their relationships to each other - much as a book will do.

I think the fear is now that people will lose interest and switch channel, whereas back then there was really no alternatives.

Yeah I remember that one from the early 70's or so IIRC Adam and Shem are from a Planet where all jobs of power are held by women. Found that on Youtube about 125 years ago along with the Planet of the Apes series.

There were two Planet of the Apes series One was the live action show ,the other was a Saturday morning cartoon series Return to the Planet of the Apes .

There were two Planet of the Apes series One was the live action show ,the other was a Saturday morning cartoon series Return to the Planet of the Apes .

The live action one, Never bothered with the cartoon Apes or the cartoon Trek series (Either of them)

The live action one, Never bothered with the cartoon Apes or the cartoon Trek series (Either of them)

The Cartoon series version of the Apes is a bit stiff in terms of its animation but ,it's not bad . It looks a surreal and in some ways, its conceptually closer to Pierre Boulle's novel.

Filmation Trek also has stiff animation but , some of he episodes were actually quite good.

The Cartoon series version of the Apes is a bit stiff in terms of its animation but ,it's not bad . It looks a surreal and in some ways, its conceptually closer to Pierre Boulle's novel.

Filmation Trek also has stiff animation but , some of he episodes were actually quite good.

Yeah I remember watching it back in the early or mid 70's probably on a Sat morning TV show but never took to it, same with the Trek cartoon just didnt like it and its odd as I was about 10 back then and should have loved them. As the years have gone by though the live action shows have stuck with but the cartoons fell by the wayside.

Sticking with a Sci Fi theme, thinking way way back to when I was a baby...…..The Clangers anyone?

1658245995050.png

I wouldn't say The Clangers are little remembered, they're still very popular. I drove past somewhere yesterday which had a load of knitted clangers sitting on top of a post box.

For me, it'd be Towser or Will Cwac Cwac which nobody seems to know whenever I mention nostaligic kids shows!

I wouldn't say The Clangers are little remembered, they're still very popular. I drove past somewhere yesterday which had a load of knitted clangers sitting on top of a post box.

For me, it'd be Towser or Will Cwac Cwac which nobody seems to know whenever I mention nostaligic kids shows!

My daughter Number Two (Aged 18) reckons she was bought up by Oliver Postgate.

My daughter Number Two (Aged 18) reckons she was bought up by Oliver Postgate.

If I remember rightly, there was a very informative documentary on Oliver Postgate on the Beeb some time ago. In fact having just looked, it appears to be the same that's on Youtube.

I think that there's been a new series of The Clangers in the last few years?

My favourite kids' programmes are the really weird and wonderful ones like 'King of the Castle' , 'Chocky' , 'The Witches and the Grinnygog' , 'Come Back Lucy' 'Educating Marmalade' etc.

And of course nothing is more weird (and remembered in the nightmares of a certain generation of kids) than Noseybonk.

Anyone remember Hawkmoor from 1978. The adventures of Twm Sion Cati, a 16th century Welsh folk hero. I recently found the book and is on my to read pile. From a similar era The Black Arrow, though rather being about a war of the Rose's outlaw fellowship it is more a Robin Hood character who left a black arrow as his calling card.