2021 TV Watching.

BBC adaption of Middlemarch. Loving it.
Three episodes in, and it's excellent. As with much 19thC fiction, many of the characters are infuriating (deliberately so on Eliot's part, I assume -- maybe high blood pressure in readers wasn't such a risk back then) but the acting and visuals are superb. I'm surprised this didn't catapult Juliet Aubrey to stardom, rather than a series of bit-parts in detective shows. Her face is so wonderfully expressive.

I am on vacation visiting a good friend in the Montreal area. Whenever we get together we relax, shop, and sit in comfy clothes, gabbing and watching TV.. This holiday we watched both seasons of Home for Christmas--a Norwegian TV series about a 30 year old girl who scrambles to get a boyfriend for her family's holiday dinner. This is NOT a Harlequin romance, but something more along the lines of Bridget Jones. Great fun, and perfect to watch with a girlfriend.
Then we decided to rewatch The Witcher before the new season drops. I'm glad I did, boy I forgot a lot, and finally made sense of those intersected timelines.

Along with steaming Star Trek Discovery season 1, which I enjoyed quite a lot. I've started watching Ghosts (also steaming). It's so not my normal taste, but there's something hilarious to me in the interplay of ghosts from a lot of different times and their interactions with each other and the one "normal" they can talk to. There is a running gag when the "normal" talks to one of the ghosts out loud and no one else can see them or hear them so the other people in the room are offended, confused, or flummoxed about the conversation. It was really funny once, kinda humorous a second and a third time, now I'm getting angry that the reasonably smart "normal" can't think to keep her conversations straight.

Along with steaming Star Trek Discovery season 1, which I enjoyed quite a lot. I've started watching Ghosts (also steaming). It's so not my normal taste, but there's something hilarious to me in the interplay of ghosts from a lot of different times and their interactions with each other and the one "normal" they can talk to. There is a running gag when the "normal" talks to one of the ghosts out loud and no one else can see them or hear them so the other people in the room are offended, confused, or flummoxed about the conversation. It was really funny once, kinda humorous a second and a third time, now I'm getting angry that the reasonably smart "normal" can't think to keep her conversations straight.

I've been able to suspend my disbelief and find Ghosts quite funny.

We've finished Squid Game now (really good, although some of the storytelling didn't seem quite right to me). Now we're re-watching Detectorists and Thunderbirds.

Recently began watching Outlander, but had to halt at episode five because of sadism, violence etc. A shame.
Very much enjoyed Undone (highly recommended).
Now getting into Vienna Blood. Great stuff!
That was my opinion on Outlander. I liked it, just not enough for some of what I was seeing.
I really like the first series of Vienna Blood so am racking up the second series for a binge!

I ended giving p on Squid Game after 5 episodes. The characters just seemed to be getting a bit too silly , and I really couldn't be bothered investing in another 4 hours just to see what happens (and I suspect it likely just leads to a cliffhanger for the inevitable season 2). It definitely improved for watching in the original language with English subs, but I still have the feeling that we aren't getting the best version of the dialogue being spoken.

So I've watched the first 2 episodes of Porterhouse Blue again. Quite some years since the last watching, and although I remembered the broad outline of the plot, it was just as funny. Definitely David Jason's finest hour as Scullion.

Cowboy Bebop - having watched the animated series I'm giving the live action version a look

1883 with Sam Elliott. The first three episodes are terrific.
Smoly Hoke! I watched the first two episodes and was convinced I'd seen all that there was. The end of the second episode felt like the end to me. An ending I kinda liked. I'm really afraid that the ending now might be foreshadowed by the opening scene.