Looking for a Sci Fi Book seems like it had a planet on cover, female protag. thrust into command after a unforeseen attack killed all higher command

Sumitra

That's all I can fit into header: I only remember some of the Story; so here it goes and Thanks in advance. She was a Pilot or Helms-person in Remote space on a Training Ship surrounded by a small Support fleet in a simulator with her navigator who was killed, When an attack destroyed the support fleet and Disabled her ship and Killed of Higher command. She was thrust into command and took action needing to regain control of ship navigating her way to engineering through ship in and spacewalking out to get to engineering to get the engines back online getting help from a female engineering trainee. There was a antagonistic male group of security people trying to assert command she needed to quail and she got command and codes from a dying male officer transferred to her along the way. Then she needed to find the breakaways or remainder of the fleet to get protection find a way out of the situation and pass command back. That is all i can remember I didn't get to finish this book and cant find it in my library. I also seems it had Sun or Angel in name or cover.

Ill check it out and post found if its it TIA
I saw this as well when searching and passed because the description doesn't sound right. Maybe a Planet with an angel or a Angel in name of book. but had a human non pilot trainee assigned to a training ship with another Species humans served. There were other races on-board too and Humans or were not the Client species the FM engineer was a trainee as well and If a remember right there was another species maybe lizard like in a cell who was of great help to her in establishing command and control from a handful of Security people who thought they should have command. She had to get the ship going as it was dead in space. along the way to engineering she was handed the command codes from a dying officer and he placed her in command. Her goal was to get the ship going and try to find the rest of the fleet or get to safety.

Last edited: