Discussion - October 75 Word Writing Challenge

@Starbeast @Peter V sorry I've made it difficult, if it helps I'd take fairy tales as fables :(

No worries. I'm pretty sure, I can come up with something.

BTW, many of the challenges for me are difficult in the 75, so don't let it bother you.

@Peter V - It isn't easy for me either, but I usually try. Who knows. You may surprise yourself.

Mythology about a boat... and shadow, of course.... Ra, ra, ra (as we say in Dutch), what's that?

Open browser -> google fable -> read a few -> google fable and shadow toghether -> read a few -> now I have a pretty good idea of a fable structure (so I am thinking) -> look for shadow definition on wikipedia -> find it very dependent of light ->associated light with truth (via world of warcraft paladins) -> associated shadow with lies -> 5 minute wrote the 75 -> 30 minutes finishing the text and posting.
Easy.

@dannymcg .... Before the Masters came .... Danny takes to dystopian world where humans quake at the shadow of their Overlords. He made me think of 1850's southern slavery.

Honestly thought this was going to be the first one that I hadn’t entered for quite some time.
Anyhow, I’ve had a go at least. Probably miles off the mark but at least I’m in.

@Pedro Del Mar .... The Shadow of War .... Pedro reminds of the fragility of our world because all the Kings horses and all the Kings Men couldn't put the world back together again.

Day 8. The muse is beyond me.

This is not an easy one for me. I had trouble with a similar challenge.

I wrote two stories and both don't come close to what is required.

I stare at the definitions of "Fables" & "Mythology", but nothing comes to mind, for now.

Mythology is, by far, the easier of the two choices to tackle. Fables have to have a moral at the end and even if it's not Aesop style, with the moral clearly laid out at the end, it's still difficult to throw it in, especially mixed with Shadows.

And besides, I think mine just barely skates on by itself. I got Mythology down alright, sure, but not sure how much of the "shadow" theme is really present in it...

Thanks Karn! You just made my story much better. I will look at my story a few more times before posting it. Now I'm confident that I've written a fable.

Mythology is, by far, the easier of the two choices to tackle. Fables have to have a moral at the end and even if it's not Aesop style, with the moral clearly laid out at the end, it's still difficult to throw it in, especially mixed with Shadows.

And besides, I think mine just barely skates on by itself. I got Mythology down alright, sure, but not sure how much of the "shadow" theme is really present in it...

Ohhhhhhhh. It's either Fable or Mythology. Not both together.

Hmm. I may go with FABLE.

Well yes...a choice of the two, it's not really something to bind together, not easily anyway. I don't think simply dropping in names really classifies mythology.

And I helped out, Parson? :eek: Well, you're welcome, I guess, though how I did that is...I don't know, actually...

Well, after quite a struggle I am in and am quite obviously in the myth camp. For me at least, this was definitely easier than a fable.

@D3athw4lker .... Da Capo .... D3 takes us for a ride on the wheel of life.

@Peter V .... Escaping the Labyrinth ...
. Peter retells a old story in a new way, perhaps a better way.

And I helped out, Parson? :eek: Well, you're welcome, I guess, though how I did that is...I don't know, actually...

You helped me understand how what I wrote could be a better fable. Thanks again.

Back