Discussion - October 75 Word Writing Challenge

Calliopenjo

Thank you, Parson and Victoria for your review. The both of you have more magic with words than I do. :D

dannymcg

When seagulls follow the trawler
Well, after quite a struggle I am in and am quite obviously in the myth camp. For me at least, this was definitely easier than a fable.
Whoa! @Peter V Peter, my first story (that I scrapped) was Icarus and Daedulous....

in mine he bobbed up in the Med , got swimming, and was almost ashore with his father following up above. Then Dad spots a shadow underwater getting ever larger ...crying in despair as the Kraken grabs his son

Peter V

Whoa! @Peter V Peter, my first story (that I scrapped) was Icarus and Daedulous....

in mine he bobbed up in the Med , got swimming, and was almost ashore with his father following up above. Then Dad spots a shadow underwater getting ever larger ...crying in despair as the Kraken grabs his son
Great minds!

Star-child

I tried to come up with a submission, but I don't think a fable is actually a type of SFF.

Starbeast

Benevolent Galaxy Being
Day 14

I posted.

Last night I found the muse wondering in the backyard, eating a bag of chips, as it watched planes flying overhead.

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
@Artoriarius .... Whiny Little Brats ,,,, Art brings a smile with his story of human fickleness.

@Starbeast .... Shadow Monster of Craven Manor .... Beast gives us a fable to help us decide what to watch for our next movie.

@Hugh .... Monkey .... Hugh's fable of the monkey makes me consider the ying and the yang.

Copied over from the 300 word discussion where I inadvertently posted it.

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
@MikeAnderson .... Metus Obscuritatis .... Mike's myth helps us understand that there is something real which causes the "Fear of Darkness."

Mr Orange

Rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb...
got an entry in, first for a while. holidays and work and family and stuff...

after I lobbed my story in I noticed it landed fairly wide of the mark but hey, it's done.

some good stories in, as always.

Last night I found the muse wondering in the backyard, eating a bag of chips, as it watched planes flying overhead.
at least your muse gets out SB. mine's been sitting in the airing cupboard for the last 3 months and won't come out. I think it's eating my socks too.

nixie

pixie druid
Staff member
Supporter
at least your muse gets out SB. mine's been sitting in the airing cupboard for the last 3 months and won't come out. I think it's eating my socks too.
That's were my socks go, well the ones the washing machine monster doesn't eat, someone's muse is breaking in. I always thought it was the borrowers.

Starbeast

Benevolent Galaxy Being
@Parson - Thank you, Brother Parson. Hopefully soon, I can read the tales. I'm very curious.

@Mr Orange Good evening (night here). Good news my friend, you're halfway there.

@nixie Check the souls of your shoes (now and then). You may have stepped on one or two.......or several.

Theme

Shadow

Genre

Mythology or Fable

Shadow - What do you think of when you say, "Shadow" (make list if necessary)

Then select a Genre.

Place Thinking Cap on firmly. (switch to ON setting)

Let the positive energy waves flow through you.

IDEA pops up..........

Tie IDEA to stick, then hold the stick near the cupboard.

The Muse should come out to eat the IDEA. Then said creature, should push out your STORY.

Good luck. I believe it should work.

As for me, when I saw the Muse in my backyard, I gave it a Vulcan nerve pinch. You know the rest.

Starbeast

Benevolent Galaxy Being
@Mr Orange Repeat after me.......

"Shadow....shadow...shadow...shadow....shadow...shadow...shadow....shadow...shadow...shadow....shadow...shadow...shadow....shadow...shadow...shadow....
shadow...shadow...shadow....shadow...shadow...shadow"

What comes to mind?

Mr Orange

Rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb...
@Mr Orange Repeat after me.......

"Shadow....shadow...shadow...shadow....shadow...shadow...shadow....shadow...shadow...shadow....shadow...shadow...shadow....shadow...shadow...shadow....
shadow...shadow...shadow....shadow...shadow...shadow"

What comes to mind?
Honestly? The fact that your ellipses are different lengths. :rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O